Why are Moderators even needed????

ocscottie
7/15/2010 8:39am
because the mentality around here can only be found at an elementary school recess, and they need yard duties there.
Outsider
7/15/2010 8:40am
DF, you need a moderator for yourself!!! Laughing
7/15/2010 8:44am
ocscottie wrote:
because the mentality around here can only be found at an elementary school recess, and they need yard duties there.
I am not fighting the authorita! It is a serious question. Would idiots not tire of being flamed on and eventually move on shut up or conform? Under the current system it seems like the OG's get Clicked and the newbie idiots are protected. I understand that is just my personal viewpoint and most likely incorrect, yet the majority of those clicked recently have been signed up more than a year or they are alter ego's.

Free Ringer!
Free Lenny!
Free Horndog!
Free Chalmers!

The Shop

ocscottie
7/15/2010 8:49am
a good 80% of those "newbie idiots" are suposed "OG's" acting like douche bags.

You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Its almost a full time job watching these jackasses keep creating names over and over.
7/15/2010 8:55am
ocscottie wrote:
a good 80% of those "newbie idiots" are suposed "OG's" acting like douche bags. You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Its almost...
a good 80% of those "newbie idiots" are suposed "OG's" acting like douche bags.

You have no idea what goes on behind the scenes. Its almost a full time job watching these jackasses keep creating names over and over.
I can only imagine so why bother?
7/15/2010 8:55am
Outsider wrote:
DF, you need a moderator for yourself!!! Laughing
I have one she spends my paycheck each week!Sad
flarider
7/15/2010 9:06am
How's big Lenny's unmoderated implosion doing?
motogeezer
7/15/2010 9:09am
flarider wrote:
I think Chalmers is the only one left.
7/15/2010 9:10am
flarider wrote:
I was behind his last clicking! Jess Paap and i were having a good time. He really did not say anything that bad and he has served more than enough time!

If memory serves you have said far worse things and never gotten clicked! Nothing personal just an observation.
motogeezer
7/15/2010 9:11am
Dave's been clicked more than once.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
7/15/2010 9:50am
ocscottie wrote:
I am not fighting the authorita! It is a serious question. Would idiots not tire of being flamed on and eventually move on shut up or...
I am not fighting the authorita! It is a serious question. Would idiots not tire of being flamed on and eventually move on shut up or conform? Under the current system it seems like the OG's get Clicked and the newbie idiots are protected. I understand that is just my personal viewpoint and most likely incorrect, yet the majority of those clicked recently have been signed up more than a year or they are alter ego's.

Free Ringer!
Free Lenny!
Free Horndog!
Free Chalmers!

I agree. In a perfect world, it'd be moderator-free. But some people don't like to just flame, they go on full-on attack, or become such irritants that after a while no one wants to come.
Titan1
7/15/2010 10:10am
Why are moerators needed? Because the internet-and this message board specifically-is SERIOUS stuff!

Who has that picture with the guy hunched over his computer, and his wife from the bedroom "Come to bed....it's 3:00 in the morning"....and he says "Just a minute hunny...someone is WRONG on the internet".

If people didn't take this crap so serious moderators wouldn't be needed.

flarider
7/15/2010 10:12am
motogeezer wrote:
Dave's been clicked more than once.
I stand corrected. sorry Dave!
Not only have I been clicked on a few occasions, but I have also received some rather stern emails giving me warning to cut the shit, to which I followed.

Difference is, I don't come on here or elsewhere whining about it so people go on "Free Dave" crusades.

I take my click like a man and say nothing and take a little vacation

GuyB has been very clear, the more you get clicked, the shorter and shorter your leash gets, until you're no longer allowed on a leash at all.

I personally have no issue with Lenny, but as has been said, if you let him back, it'll be the same shit again in a short time
txmxer
7/15/2010 10:33am
Fuck Dave...free the chickens!
7/15/2010 11:05am
GuyB wrote:
I agree. In a perfect world, it'd be moderator-free. But some people don't like to just flame, they go on full-on attack, or become such irritants...
I agree. In a perfect world, it'd be moderator-free. But some people don't like to just flame, they go on full-on attack, or become such irritants that after a while no one wants to come.
can these people not stand up to the internet bullies?

How many people have to run to the Mods and complain?

I received a stern email from a certain mod once that stated i might have gotten a little carried away. So I took appropriate action.

Post a reply to: Why are Moderators even needed????

The Latest