Why I want to ride Herlings 250f

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 7:57pm
Ok, let me start by saying that what I observe could be 100% Herlings ability/bike skill as he's arguably the best 250f rider on the planet. That said...

A ) Either he is listening to a suspension guru on setup
or
B ) He is amazing at bike setup

His bike looks so predictable in chatter and the rear end has the ability to stay planted through very fast roller sections where other riders can't help but try to double or come off the ground in between each roller.

I would love to ride his racebike (with softer settings for my weight/ability) and see exactly how awesome it feels.

/end day dream Cool
|
Rowlands
3/7/2015 2:28pm
I know that think seems to handle like a dream,
I don't think it's all bike setup though Cool
slipdog
3/7/2015 2:35pm
He's the kind of rider that would make anything look good.
PressPassP
3/7/2015 2:54pm
seth505 wrote:
Ok, let me start by saying that what I observe could be 100% Herlings ability/bike skill as he's arguably the best 250f rider on the planet...
Ok, let me start by saying that what I observe could be 100% Herlings ability/bike skill as he's arguably the best 250f rider on the planet. That said...

A ) Either he is listening to a suspension guru on setup
or
B ) He is amazing at bike setup

His bike looks so predictable in chatter and the rear end has the ability to stay planted through very fast roller sections where other riders can't help but try to double or come off the ground in between each roller.

I would love to ride his racebike (with softer settings for my weight/ability) and see exactly how awesome it feels.

/end day dream Cool
I think it has something to do with your first point about himself,he seems to work the bike with his body a lot,like the rollers,I know what you mean about chatter though
jemcee
3/7/2015 2:58pm
I know he cops a lot of hate for staying down (deservedly, well he doesn't deserve hate haha) but watching that dude ride is incredible.. And I know this gets said a lot too but I can't wait for the sand just to watch him (sounds creepy)

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/7/2015 3:57pm
jemcee wrote:
I know he cops a lot of hate for staying down (deservedly, well he doesn't deserve hate haha) but watching that dude ride is incredible.. And...
I know he cops a lot of hate for staying down (deservedly, well he doesn't deserve hate haha) but watching that dude ride is incredible.. And I know this gets said a lot too but I can't wait for the sand just to watch him (sounds creepy)
Haha agreed.
davistld01
3/7/2015 4:23pm
The 250f has pretty much been designed to be the bike that Herlings wants it to be, right? Kind of like the 350 was built to match how Tony Cairoli likes to ride and deliver power...and the 450 was built with Ryan Dungey in mind.

I'm not at all saying Jeffrey isn't a freaking monster, but you can bet that bike is set up exactly like he wants it.
3/7/2015 4:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 4:57pm
davistld01 wrote:
The 250f has pretty much been designed to be the bike that Herlings wants it to be, right? Kind of like the 350 was built to...
The 250f has pretty much been designed to be the bike that Herlings wants it to be, right? Kind of like the 350 was built to match how Tony Cairoli likes to ride and deliver power...and the 450 was built with Ryan Dungey in mind.

I'm not at all saying Jeffrey isn't a freaking monster, but you can bet that bike is set up exactly like he wants it.
Built with Dungey in mind? You gotta be kidding, I really doubt that the AMA version can hold a candle to the prototype works bike developed and ridden by deDyker for Claudio De Carli's team.I really doubt if Dungey has ever entered in one thought Claudio has ever had during his bike development.
steve_97060
3/7/2015 6:36pm
davistld01 wrote:
The 250f has pretty much been designed to be the bike that Herlings wants it to be, right? Kind of like the 350 was built to...

The Source wrote:
Built with Dungey in mind? You gotta be kidding, I really doubt that the AMA version can hold a candle to the prototype works bike developed...
Built with Dungey in mind? You gotta be kidding, I really doubt that the AMA version can hold a candle to the prototype works bike developed and ridden by deDyker for Claudio De Carli's team.I really doubt if Dungey has ever entered in one thought Claudio has ever had during his bike development.
yeah, I'm sure the whole Dungey Factory Edition and releasing it the way they have for Dungey in the SX season is all just bullshit..

freakin douche..
3/7/2015 6:54pm Edited Date/Time 3/7/2015 7:49pm
davistld01 wrote:

The Source wrote:
Built with Dungey in mind? You gotta be kidding, I really doubt that the AMA version can hold a candle to the prototype works bike developed...
yeah, I'm sure the whole Dungey Factory Edition and releasing it the way they have for Dungey in the SX season is all just bullshit.. freakin...
yeah, I'm sure the whole Dungey Factory Edition and releasing it the way they have for Dungey in the SX season is all just bullshit..

freakin douche..
Yep!
TeamGreen
3/7/2015 7:11pm
This thread is becoming very entertaining
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/7/2015 7:20pm
TeamGreen wrote:
This thread is becoming very entertaining
It has taken a turn hasn't it Dry
ayearinmx
3/7/2015 7:26pm
Seth, you'd be surprised how little "testing" he actually does...... i've spoken with him and his practice mechanic last year and he said they barely do any suspension "testing"..... he just goes out and rides, putting in the laps
seth505
Fantasy
1092nd
3/7/2015 7:57pm
ayearinmx wrote:
Seth, you'd be surprised how little "testing" he actually does...... i've spoken with him and his practice mechanic last year and he said they barely do...
Seth, you'd be surprised how little "testing" he actually does...... i've spoken with him and his practice mechanic last year and he said they barely do any suspension "testing"..... he just goes out and rides, putting in the laps
Wow, that is gnarly. Also scary for his competition aha

Post a reply to: Why I want to ride Herlings 250f

The Latest