Why Didn't James Stewart Sign With PC?

TannerMxer
12/15/2014 7:11am
Not trying to be a shit head but I do remember him running pro circuit bikes in the amateur days. I always thought Big James had...
Not trying to be a shit head but I do remember him running pro circuit bikes in the amateur days.

I always thought Big James had a big part in him going straight to the factory team.

Those photos are from the 2000 or 2001 US Open SX. I would love to see those supermini races of his on an arenacross track from back then. I bet it was awesome. I remember being amazed by Izzi at the 2003 or 2004 US Open.
moscrop940
12/15/2014 7:48am
Not trying to be a shit head but I do remember him running pro circuit bikes in the amateur days. I always thought Big James had...
Not trying to be a shit head but I do remember him running pro circuit bikes in the amateur days.

I always thought Big James had a big part in him going straight to the factory team.

TannerMxer wrote:
Those photos are from the 2000 or 2001 US Open SX. I would love to see those supermini races of his on an arenacross track from...
Those photos are from the 2000 or 2001 US Open SX. I would love to see those supermini races of his on an arenacross track from back then. I bet it was awesome. I remember being amazed by Izzi at the 2003 or 2004 US Open.
Stewart on an 80 at the us open was amazing to watch. I remember he threw a knack knack off the finish line at the 2000 U.S. Open I thought to myself "wooooooooooow, hes the best ever".....little did I know what was to come Woohoo
k cycle
12/15/2014 8:11am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Honda offered a factory 125 ride, and he told Kawi they needed to offer the same for him to remain on green. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/14/73853/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Honda offered a factory 125 ride, and he told Kawi they needed to offer the same for him to remain on green.

That photo caught me off guard. Strange seeing that # on a Honda!
TannerMxer
12/15/2014 8:59am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Honda offered a factory 125 ride, and he told Kawi they needed to offer the same for him to remain on green. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2014/12/14/73853/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Honda offered a factory 125 ride, and he told Kawi they needed to offer the same for him to remain on green.

k cycle wrote:
That photo caught me off guard. Strange seeing that # on a Honda!
Me too. Could you imagine RC and Stewart being teammates in 2002, 2003? Honda would have won 98% of the races.

The Shop

Darryl916
12/15/2014 10:00am
NeoSol218 wrote:
A lot of this aside, how crazy would it be if james stuck with kawasaki all the way through. No one could have predicted the 10...
A lot of this aside, how crazy would it be if james stuck with kawasaki all the way through. No one could have predicted the 10 or 9-13 yamahas would not meet the criteria for james with the comfortability/performance of those given machines. I know both reasons why he left but just think for a second where he would be today if he stuck with the factory kawi. Idk
I don't think it has ever really been said why James really parted ways with Kawi...

If you know I'd like to hear it. James say's in interviews that his contract was up and Kawi simply never called. That's usually as far as the conversation goes. I've never heard anyone ask a follow up question to why he thinks they never called or if he inquired about another Kawasaki contract, etc. The whole things smells of something more that isn't politically correct to discuss openly. I can't wait to hear why it really happened.

How long was it before we found out why MC really left Honda? About 10 years??
theToothPerry
12/15/2014 10:04am Edited Date/Time 12/15/2014 10:04am
Darryl916 wrote:
I don't think it has ever really been said why James really parted ways with Kawi... If you know I'd like to hear it. James say's...
I don't think it has ever really been said why James really parted ways with Kawi...

If you know I'd like to hear it. James say's in interviews that his contract was up and Kawi simply never called. That's usually as far as the conversation goes. I've never heard anyone ask a follow up question to why he thinks they never called or if he inquired about another Kawasaki contract, etc. The whole things smells of something more that isn't politically correct to discuss openly. I can't wait to hear why it really happened.

I think a huge part if not the biggest was Kawasakis new relationship with Monster Energy, causing JS to drop his Red Bull sponsorship. Because to be quite honest Red Bull only sponsors the top tier of athletes. Monster sponsors D class heroes on Sponsorhouse.
Darryl916
12/15/2014 10:21am
Darryl916 wrote:
I don't think it has ever really been said why James really parted ways with Kawi... If you know I'd like to hear it. James say's...

I think a huge part if not the biggest was Kawasakis new relationship with Monster Energy, causing JS to drop his Red Bull sponsorship. Because to...
I think a huge part if not the biggest was Kawasakis new relationship with Monster Energy, causing JS to drop his Red Bull sponsorship. Because to be quite honest Red Bull only sponsors the top tier of athletes. Monster sponsors D class heroes on Sponsorhouse.
Makes sense for sure but I feel like "team and personal sponsors don't jive" could have been said easily. Seemed more hush hush than that. But again everything from JS7's camp over the years has been hush hush.
rpawley
12/16/2014 10:12am
Ben Riddle went straight to factory Suzuki then got dropped to Motoworld Suzuki.
Stephon
12/16/2014 5:32pm
I think it was a matter of James/Big James knowing their value and being compensated for that value. Why take a PC deal when he had the heat to get his own personal deals? Why share a rig with 3-5 other riders when you could have an entire staff just focused on you and maybe one 450 rider?

James/Big James might not have wanted to spend as much time on the West Coast as being a PC rider might have demanded.

I think there have been a lot of riders that being on PC really brought them to a much higher level of accomplishment, but James may not have been one of those riders. I don't think being on PC would have hurt James, but I don't know how much it would have helped him...Dude was beating 250f's on a 125 by a minute in MX.

BUT Mitch might have been able to alter his "checkers or wreckers" way of racing somewhat.
12/16/2014 7:19pm
IMO one of Kawasaki's biggest failures was losing James/Big James. Yes they would have been hell expensive but as mentioned earlier, can you imagine if he was still on Kawasaki today? RV and JS7 on team green with MC as brand ambassador.

Seems like Kawasaki does a great job with the 85 and 100 sized bikes but they just lose all these super stars once they start to mature. I hope they can keep Adam..even if he is accident prone.

Post a reply to: Why Didn't James Stewart Sign With PC?

The Latest