his right foot?

|
bh84
Fantasy
1761st
3/10/2017 11:02pm
It's under he peg. That is odd.
3/10/2017 11:04pm
Jump looks like its right out of a right hand turn, so he probably had his leg out. It is probably behind the peg more than it is under it.
jemcee
3/10/2017 11:13pm
Jump looks like its right out of a right hand turn, so he probably had his leg out. It is probably behind the peg more than...
Jump looks like its right out of a right hand turn, so he probably had his leg out. It is probably behind the peg more than it is under it.
What this guy said

The Shop

kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
3/10/2017 11:13pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2017 11:15pm
There is/was a thread floating around here talking about riders hooking their foot under the peg, on purpose. This photo looks like momentum continuation to me though.
jemcee
3/10/2017 11:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/10/2017 11:28pm
kzizok wrote:
There is/was a thread floating around here talking about riders hooking their foot under the peg, on purpose. This photo looks like momentum continuation to me...
There is/was a thread floating around here talking about riders hooking their foot under the peg, on purpose. This photo looks like momentum continuation to me though.
I was riding at a track once that had a little double out of a tight corner and you'd do this but one time I realised I was comin up real short and tried to get my foot back on quickly but somehow it ended up under the footpeg and I cased directly onto my toe haha hurt like a MOTHER.. So what I'm saying is I would suggest the riders not do that haha
51xc
3/11/2017 3:27am
because breaking is overrated?
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
3/11/2017 3:33am
I was at Washougal National a few years ago and watching Tomac hook his right foot under the peg to scrub the finish line roller. He would like preload at the bottom then hook his foot seemed like to almost bunny hop the bike.
3/11/2017 4:23am
Actually Vince Friese does this a lot, he puts his feet under the pegs for jumps right out of corners and pulls up when he jumps. Pretty strange but it works for him
EastFlorida
3/11/2017 5:02am
I was at Orlando MX last Saturday practicing, lots of fast guys there (amateurs) were in town practicing for Daytona. Anyway, Jordan Bailey (Husky supported fast guy) pulls in and pits next to me.

After a few sessions, Jordan, his mechanic and I were shooting the $hit when this exact topic came up. Apparently Roczen does this a lot as well! They do actually attempt to lift the bike when coming up short. It blew my mind!

For those who don't know Jordan, he is quite the polite young man and was very good with everyone that stopped by to chat with him. I'll be pulling for this guy at Loretta's this year and he plans to go pro next outdoor season...
3/11/2017 6:58am
Can Steve Matthes or whoever press related is at Daytona ask this question directly? I would like to know. It seems very odd but probably for a good reason.
ktm212
3/11/2017 7:39am
I have caught myself wedging my toes under my brake pedal while my foot is on the peg to help weight the peg and keep my body forward in sweepers and stuff, also kept my foot off the rear brake. I was doing it subconsciously and then I noticed I do it and now I actually do it a fair amount, its weird but it seems to work.
Hank_Thrill
3/11/2017 7:44am
If it's done seat bouncing out of a corner I can see it helping in not being bucked over the bars if you get a bad kick.
USA
Fantasy
507th
3/11/2017 7:57am
So some people have noticed themselves subconsciously doing this. Do any of the pros practice this technique, or is it natural?
reded
3/11/2017 8:02am
If it's done seat bouncing out of a corner I can see it helping in not being bucked over the bars if you get a bad...
If it's done seat bouncing out of a corner I can see it helping in not being bucked over the bars if you get a bad kick.
This. It helps to keep your body in the correct position on the bike. I've done it for a long time without even knowing that I do it. I also hook my heel under the subframe at certain times to tug on the bike.
3/11/2017 8:53am
reded wrote:
This. It helps to keep your body in the correct position on the bike. I've done it for a long time without even knowing that I...
This. It helps to keep your body in the correct position on the bike. I've done it for a long time without even knowing that I do it. I also hook my heel under the subframe at certain times to tug on the bike.
Hooking your heels under your subframe????? What kinda boots do you run and is it with spurs or without i can't see it even remotely possible to hook a heel anywhere on a subframe.
3/11/2017 9:38am
reded wrote:
This. It helps to keep your body in the correct position on the bike. I've done it for a long time without even knowing that I...
Moens_Andy wrote:
Hooking your heels under your subframe????? What kinda boots do you run and is it with spurs or without i can't see it even remotely possible...
Hooking your heels under your subframe????? What kinda boots do you run and is it with spurs or without i can't see it even remotely possible to hook a heel anywhere on a subframe.
Been doing this for years instead of tapping the rear brake to bring the front end down I just hook my boot heal under the side number plate or subframe give a little tug .
Grieby54
3/11/2017 11:23am
I do that from time to time, too. Not sure why it's blowing minds...
SVT-Cobra
3/11/2017 11:26am
Grieby54 wrote:
Can you show me whose mind is blown? Or did you just come here to brag...?
Grieby54
3/11/2017 11:44am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2017 11:47am
Grieby54 wrote:
SVT-Cobra wrote:
Can you show me whose mind is blown? Or did you just come here to brag...?
Brag about putting my foot under the peg? You nailed it, bro. Surely nobody else but Tomac and I are capable of such a skilled feat.

Mind blown = thread created to discuss it
Mind blown = "It's under the peg. That is odd."
Mind blown = explaining it away by calling it an optical illusion

I apologize if mind blown is not the lexicon you would have used. I'm open to suggestions.
gsxr6
3/11/2017 11:49am Edited Date/Time 3/11/2017 11:50am
It's obviously not an optical illusion. I can say the only time I've ever gotten a foot under the peg it was accidentally at best. Do they land with it still under there? I'm in awe of the way c.class riders and up jump whipped way out, and then just kick the side plate and land straight like it's nothing. So what do I know lol basically everything they do looks superhuman to me haha
Grieby54
3/11/2017 11:51am
gsxr6 wrote:
It's obviously not an optical illusion. I can say the only time I've ever gotten a foot under the peg it was accidentally at best. Do...
It's obviously not an optical illusion. I can say the only time I've ever gotten a foot under the peg it was accidentally at best. Do they land with it still under there? I'm in awe of the way c.class riders and up jump whipped way out, and then just kick the side plate and land straight like it's nothing. So what do I know lol basically everything they do looks superhuman to me haha
I can't speak for the fast guys, but for me I just hook it under there to bring the back end up and then move it back on top of the peg before landing.

Post a reply to: Why?

The Latest