Who's in for the Milestone Pro SX Invitational?

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
Edited Date/Time 12/13/2014 5:47pm
We'll be there this weekend.

2nd Annual Pro SX Invitational at Milestone MX 12/13/14:

Riverside, CA – Less than a year ago Milestone MX hosted the return of the Pro Super X Invitational recalling the days of the Perris Invitational put on by Goat Brecker. Top riders including Wil Hahn, Jake Weimer, Nick Schmidt, Jason Lawrence, Matt Goerke, Dean Wilson, Matt Tedder, Shane McElrath, Jake Canada, Cooper Webb and more battled it out for over $12,000 in purse and holeshot money.

Paying homage to the history of SX Milestone MX brought out Larry Huffman to add his classic flavor on the microphone, Goat Brecker handed out briefcases full of cash and over 1000 people came out to line the fences and walk the pits all day long.

After long deliberation Milestone MX, the Pro Shop and the newly formed Unlimited MX Membership program have chosen to host the event and put up the purse on their own. The track layout this year has been a hit already hosting the Transworld SLAM Fest. Top riders will return again for some warmup competition and the race format will be unique and exciting. There are no direct tickets to the main so every rider will race multiple times to get a spot in the main event. Also new to the format this year are multiple opportunities for riders who may not have a good first race. Last year’s instant elimination made it a short day for many riders and now there will be more opportunities.

The Pro SX Invitational is a great opportunity for riders and fans. Everyone is invited to come ride the world famous Milestone MX Park during the morning for only $15 and admission includes a vendor village, live entertainment and of course the Pro SX racing. We look forward to seeing you there on December 13th! Confirmed rider lists and vendor info will be coming out soon.
About Milestone MX: Offering more riding than any other public MX facility, with Main, Vet, Beginner, PeeWee and Pro SX tracks open 7 days a week! Visit www.milestonemx.com for upcoming events and a full weekly practice schedule. Like us at www.facebook.com/milestonemx and follow us on Instagram @MilestoneMX.

Any brands looking to be a vendor at The Pro SX Invitational email info@milestonemx.com to reserve a space

Any pro riders or future allstars looking to race email aaron@milestonemx.com to confirm your free race entry

|
rrdecals
12/9/2014 3:58pm
Matt Tedder is going rip up those young whipper snappers!1
Mr. Info
12/9/2014 3:59pm
I know the Mr. Rain and his smaller brother Muddy are showing up Friday for sure. Not sure if they are both staying for Saturday.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
12/9/2014 4:57pm
I'm going to be in the area and hopefully get to go to this race. Looks like a great event.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
12/9/2014 6:38pm
How cool would it be if RV just showed up. He's riding there outdoor track

The Shop

TallCan 16
12/9/2014 7:27pm
Went last year while I was staying in Huntington Beach for work. It was cool to watch. I even got a video of j-law holeshotting his heat race (then he got stuffed in the 2nd corner). We were standing at the fence along the main rythym section, which had a big quad that only a few 450 guys were doing, I think Weimer, Will Hahn, and occasionally the milestone asassin. Malcolm Stewart was standing right next to my friend at the fence watching. And yes, I remember seeing the infamous GuyB himself out on the track snapping photos.
pummel
Fantasy
370th
12/11/2014 7:07pm
Anyone else going to this race?
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/12/2014 10:51am
Update from the gang at Milestone...

The rain has just let up at Milestone and we will start moving in equipment to clean up soon. The adjustments we made last night to trench (lower) the water truck lanes and pack in and raise the racing surface has worked great. There is little to no water on the racing surface.

The ground is soft however from the rain last week combined with what we got this morning. The decision is made to postpone the Pro SX Invitational until Sunday morning with all the same times of practice and racing. We are confident that we will have a god track and with the sunshine tomorrow it will allow us the time to make it a much better event.

We appreciate your support and please know that we are dedicated to give you the best race track mother nature will allow. We aren't going to put you in the situation of a Mud Fest just before the season. Keep an eye out for another announcement tomorrow afternoon.
moto282
12/12/2014 11:09am
I think it was a good decision to move it to Sunday. I'm going to try and make it down there to watch.
mx_phreek
Fantasy
210th
12/12/2014 1:17pm
So no Hahn, JW, Deano like it said at first.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/13/2014 1:44pm
Update from Saturday...

Just in case you missed the announcement early this morning we are devastated to report that the Milestone Pro SX Invitational will be cancelled. We looked at every opportunity including pushing it to next weekend (There is another storm and 70% chance of rain next Sat), but the dirt is too soft for us to get the equipment on today. We will spend all day tomorrow to get it rideable for Monday practice but unfortunately the race is off.

Milestone Pro SX Invitational - 0
Mother Nature - 1

Thank you for your support!
pummel
Fantasy
370th
12/13/2014 5:47pm
Pretty disappointed -

that was around 1 pm

Post a reply to: Who's in for the Milestone Pro SX Invitational?

The Latest