Who's been to the Nitro Circus show?

Spydee
Edited Date/Time 2/19/2016 2:25pm
So Nitro are coming to Wales this summer, and I figured it would be rude not to go as it's not far from my hometown. Has anybody ever been to a show? What were your thoughts? Is the VIP package worth the price?
|
mxb2
2/16/2016 11:58am

tprice07
2/16/2016 11:59am
We went a few years back and it was a great show. They do some amazing things on just about everything you can imagine: dirt bikes, bmx bikes, skateboards, wheelchair, big wheels...I can't even remember half of the stuff.

I was super super bummed because Pastrana was injured and having surgery so he was unable to make it to our show. I felt like I had wasted a bit of money once we found out he wasn't there. Had he been there, I'm sure it would have been money well spent.

As for the VIP thing....I'm really not sure what the hell that gained me? I guess we were a part of a "Q & A" but so was like 95% of the crowd and we didn't actually get to meet the people. There are a few things I would do differently but of course I'm not the millionaire putting the thing on so what do I know haha.

Long story short, if you could guarantee Pastrana being there, then it would be worth it...otherwise find some cheap tickets and take it for what it's worth.
mxb2
2/16/2016 11:59am Edited Date/Time 2/16/2016 12:00pm
Didnt go to see nitro circus ,but got this hat from travis at his house,while they filmed the triple backflip.
aeffertz
2/16/2016 12:06pm
I went last fall and had an absolute blast! Pastrana was there and did a few tricks/jumps as well as hosted so it was cool to see him but the rest of the show was absolutely insane and worth the ticket price in its own right.

From start to finish, it's non stop. There was so much going on I had a sore jaw afterwards from grinning so much.

One of the things that blew my mind the most was when they do their whip train. I've never seen such gnarly whips back to back to back like that ever. Let alone just a couple of them in real life.

You'll regret not going, it's its own beast. You won't see another show like it anywhere, unless they come back another year.

The Shop

2/16/2016 12:10pm
I went a couple years ago and had a blast. I'm going again this saturday.
Darryl916
2/16/2016 12:20pm
Courtesy a good buddy (giving me tickets) I went to the first one in the states. It was a great show. Don't miss it if it's close.
peelout
2/16/2016 1:40pm
i went to the first SLC show and it was unreal. unfortunately Travis was injured so he wasn't partaking in the rad trickery, but the show was awesome.

not being a big fan of freestyle though, once was enough for me. i had an absolute blast and was blown away by the array of stunts and different rad things they were doing. i highly recommend going if it's close to your town
crusher773
2/16/2016 2:33pm
We went a couple years ago and didn't think it was that great. It wasn't any different than a regular freestyle show. I didn't think it was that crazy it was so rehearsed and the guys had the tricks dialed. It wasn't nearly as exciting as I thought it would be. My 7 year old was yawning about 2/3 through because it was just the same thing over and over.
The Oracle
Fantasy
4263rd
2/16/2016 2:44pm
I was there in Norway 6th of February this year.

The show was amazing. I went with my father and we are both guys who have a hard time looking forward to things, and generally have a negative expectation towards anything to not get disappointed, but we were both blown away by how cool it was and all the crazy stuff they had to show us. Especially with the Norwegian show having a pretty shitty attendance compared to the rest of the world. If they went big for us, they'll definitely go big in Wales and I think you'd hate not being there once your Facebook feed starts screaming Nitro!!!!

V.I.P? Nah, uh, maybe..

On the Norwegian show all of the V.I.P. seatings were lined up next to the FMX ramps (with the FMX ramps/landings in front of us and the BMX/other stuff behind it.)

For those that were not V.I.P, the opposite.

However, the good seats were the only thing worth it, as well as the many more beer booths, lol.

If you got money to spend on it, you won't go around regretting buying the V.I.P, but you don't really need it either. Gives you access to some of the training and a Q&A.

Have fun!!!! Woohoo
Sully
2/16/2016 3:25pm
I took my kids to the Tokyo show last year, and we had a great time. VIP tickets really depends on the venue. Here, it was in a baseball stadium, and with the way they had to set it up, VIP tickets wouldn't have been worth it because the mega ramp seemed to block too much of the moto ramps. Regular seats are definitely worth it, though.
Spydee
2/17/2016 4:00am
Some great insight from what I've read, thanks for the replies guys I appreciate it! I think you've all helped me make up my mind. Nitro Circus here we come Cool
MagMx08
2/17/2016 4:21am
A show not to be missed I'd say! Been twice in Manchester and loved it both times. What those guys can do is crazy, but to pull those stunts every other night is a different level all together. Not sure what VIP is like but the show is well worth a visit. You'll have a blast, enjoy man!
MXMattii
2/19/2016 2:25pm
Yesterday I went for the second time in Antwerp. Besides the shitty arena that the 'Sportpaleis' is, everything was great! I sat at the VIP Area because I was invited, but is this that is worth the money? Uhm you get the best place in the house, but that is about it, (I'm speaking about Antwerp now). Is this a must do for every moto/freestyle and extreme sports fan? YEAH, YES, NO DOUBT!!!

Post a reply to: Who's been to the Nitro Circus show?

The Latest