Who will be the other three at Rockstar?

Motocrossjunky
Fantasy
1181st
Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 9:04pm
We all know Rockstar is going full factory next year with Husqy. Very cool program and good to see a different colour bike on the tracks.

It's been said that it will be a two rider team in both classes. Only Anderson is confirmed, so who do you guys think will be the other riders? BB4 would be good on the 450 IMO.

The bikes have been doing great at the GP's in the 250f class and with Rattray's 4th overall it's improving in the 450's too!
|
Cashmore
5/29/2014 2:46am
I only see them having one 450 rider, could be wrong though. Joey Savatgy, Justin Hill, and an upcoming rider?
Sully22
5/29/2014 3:13am
I am excited to hear this information as well! I wonder what it took ($$$$$ wise) to keep JA17, and what kind of $$$$ they'll be throwing at other riders to ride that bike. I heard its going to be a two 450 and two 250 rider team....that's a lot of spots to fill be filled when you think of it.....going to be interesting for sure.
tek14
5/29/2014 3:29am
Rattray riding 350cc and that could be same with Rockstar team. It will be better for small riders like BB4. I dont see small riders like him getter all out from heavy and big 450 Husky.
IWreckALot
5/29/2014 5:14am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 5:15am
I gotta say, I thought the Husqvarna in the states was a bit of a pipe dream and I still question why KTM is putting money into developing another brand. . . Seems like they're doing the right thing by just developing the KTM.

I'm an Anderson fan though so I'll be rooting for the Husqvarna next season it appears.

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/29/2014 9:17am
Cashmore wrote:
I only see them having one 450 rider, could be wrong though. Joey Savatgy, Justin Hill, and an upcoming rider?
They said they were going to have two each for the 250 and 450 class. Anderson is the only returning team rider.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
5/29/2014 9:50am
GuyB wrote:
They said they were going to have two each for the 250 and 450 class. Anderson is the only returning team rider.
This will be good.

My guess:
450 - Anderson, Weimer
250 - Savatgy, Hill
EastFlorida
5/29/2014 9:59am
GuyB wrote:
Ramrod wrote:
This will be good.

My guess:
450 - Anderson, Weimer
250 - Savatgy, Hill
GuyB said Anderson was the only returning memeber, so that strikes Savatgy... right?
ML512
Fantasy
54th
5/29/2014 10:19am
I heard Zach Osborne for one of the 250 spots and Martin Davalos to fill the other 450 slot next to Jason Anderson. The second 250 spot is not filled yet.
HenryA
5/29/2014 10:20am
es337 wrote:
osborne?
A little bird told me the same
5/29/2014 10:26am
ML512 wrote:
I heard Zach Osborne for one of the 250 spots and Martin Davalos to fill the other 450 slot next to Jason Anderson. The second 250...
I heard Zach Osborne for one of the 250 spots and Martin Davalos to fill the other 450 slot next to Jason Anderson. The second 250 spot is not filled yet.
Doesn't Davalos still have one year of eligibility left in the Lites? Seems like he, to quote GL, should "make hay while the sun is shining."
Dirtydane
5/29/2014 2:22pm
Sully22 wrote:
I am excited to hear this information as well! I wonder what it took ($$$$$ wise) to keep JA17, and what kind of $$$$ they'll be...
I am excited to hear this information as well! I wonder what it took ($$$$$ wise) to keep JA17, and what kind of $$$$ they'll be throwing at other riders to ride that bike. I heard its going to be a two 450 and two 250 rider team....that's a lot of spots to fill be filled when you think of it.....going to be interesting for sure.
This is totaly speculation!!!

But i would think that they got JA17 pretty cheap. Of course he got good money as he deserves it, but i think he stayed with them to show loyalty and appreciation for having his back for a long time without any results.

And i think i heard or read in an interview that Bobby Hewitt really fighting for him to keep him when the sponsors didnt agree about that.
Jt$
5/29/2014 2:26pm
Dirtydane wrote:
This is totaly speculation!!! But i would think that they got JA17 pretty cheap. Of course he got good money as he deserves it, but i...

But i would think that they got JA17 pretty cheap. Of course he got good money as he deserves it, but i think he stayed with them to show loyalty and appreciation for having his back for a long time without any results.

And i think i heard or read in an interview that Bobby Hewitt really fighting for him to keep him when the sponsors didnt agree about that.
JA17 was not cheap.. At least in my opinion.
Dirtydane
5/29/2014 2:30pm
Dirtydane wrote:
This is totaly speculation!!! But i would think that they got JA17 pretty cheap. Of course he got good money as he deserves it, but i...

Jt$ wrote:
Okey, but do you think he choose rockstar husqvarna just for the $$$ they offered or also for loyalty? Do we know of any other teams offering him good money?
Sully22
5/29/2014 2:42pm
Sully22 wrote:
I am excited to hear this information as well! I wonder what it took ($$$$$ wise) to keep JA17, and what kind of $$$$ they'll be...
Dirtydane wrote:

Which part is speculation!!!!!
Dirtydane
5/29/2014 2:53pm
Sully22 wrote:
That they maybe got him for a good price, because of loyalty and history...
Sully22
5/29/2014 2:55pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 2:57pm
Sully22 wrote:
Dirtydane wrote:
Where did I say they got him for a good price!!!! For loyalty or history...
Dirtydane
5/29/2014 3:07pm
Sully22 wrote:
Dirtydane wrote:
Sully22 wrote:
Where did I say they got him for a good price!!!! For loyalty or history...
You wondered about how much they paid for him, so i answered that with some speculation... to get a discussion going...

I get a feeling you really got offended (read butthurt) by that, if so, then i apologize for trying to keep the conversation going.
Sully22
5/29/2014 3:11pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 3:13pm
No worries brotha....I see what you did there. You threw me off replying to my comment with the...this is totally speculation and exclamations...crisis averted Smile
5/29/2014 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 5/29/2014 3:27pm
IWreckALot wrote:
I gotta say, I thought the Husqvarna in the states was a bit of a pipe dream and I still question why KTM is putting money...
I gotta say, I thought the Husqvarna in the states was a bit of a pipe dream and I still question why KTM is putting money into developing another brand. . . Seems like they're doing the right thing by just developing the KTM.

I'm an Anderson fan though so I'll be rooting for the Husqvarna next season it appears.
The answer is: market share.The brand has everything to become one of the big players. Not only for MX but enduro competition aswell. The name has left it's stamp on the sport in the past but got sidelined and was eventually considered as an exotic in the states (correct me if i'm wrong). I'm quite sure alot of Husq entousiasts went towards the Japanese when Husq lost it's apetite ($$$) and program to compete. Now KTM can reform the brand again to a hard-core offroad competitor. Something they have done in the past with KTM in the states and undoubtedly wil be able to do again with Husq. Afterall, they have the experience and budget to pull off that kind of stuff.

And i'm gonna laugh again when the haters arrive and claim Husq wil never make it in the US. Just like when the haters claimed the same thing about KTM a few years ago.
TeamGreen
5/29/2014 4:15pm
Cashmore wrote:
GuyB wrote:
Well, if ya go back a few years...there's actually another "returning" rider.

I'm jus' sayin'...
hvaughn88
5/29/2014 4:23pm
Cashmore wrote:
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
That could mean either davalos or bagget, right? I'm thinkin davalos
Sully22
5/29/2014 4:25pm
Cashmore wrote:
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
Does his name rhyme with dartin mavalos?
Cashmore
5/29/2014 4:32pm
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
I'm going to guess Davalos... Could be wrong here but Mitch seems loyal to BB4. What makes me wonder is they both have another year eligible in the 250 class and if rockstar signs two 450 riders and they get a 2 year contract then they are kinda screwed? Maybe I'm just thinking to hard. Sounds like a lot is going to happen before 2015 supercross though and will be cool to watch it all play out!
TeamGreen
5/29/2014 5:07pm
Dirtydane wrote:

Jt$ wrote:
True; but...

How many other riders are 2014 Champions? (That're negotiating new contracts)

If he was "a lot" of money? He's shown he can win. Let's remember...the Lung/Rib injuries aren't that long ago...yet, he's still out there ripping. In-fact, those injuries are only a month old.
Hammy784
5/29/2014 7:27pm
Cashmore wrote:
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
Tommy Hahn?
Cashmore
5/29/2014 9:04pm
GuyB wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:

I'm jus' sayin'...
Hammy784 wrote:
Tommy Hahn?
He's been ridding a Kawi out here at oakhill and the local tracks. I would think he would have a bike by now if so... seeing how a few locals already have them from Munn-Racing

Post a reply to: Who will be the other three at Rockstar?

The Latest