Who was 891? Riding in Jeans?

EastFlorida
Edited Date/Time 3/7/2016 7:29am
It looked like he was riding on a weekend with his Bros, riding in jeans and a white jersey with his #. We wete pulling for him!! LOL
|
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2421st
3/5/2016 10:24pm
Didn't wrangler sponsor at one point in time? Hahah

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
3/5/2016 10:30pm
We all have those jeans that has been thru hell but man, what more can you do then ride moto to kill some fresh jeans!
WFO!
3/5/2016 10:48pm
Didn't wrangler sponsor at one point in time? Hahah
Yes. Yes they did.

Wrangler Supercross Series.

Then COORS took over.
mxb2
3/5/2016 10:58pm
Full yosh, A kit, no gear,makes sense. Lol.
bobby397
3/6/2016 1:43am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 1:44am
Thats Gary Baileys grandson, Ryan also owns the lake sugar tree track in Virginia now.
Bearuno
3/6/2016 3:03am
No safety standards required with reference to pants?

Obviously not - though, I don't think most Nylons could pass much of a test for abrasion / fire standards.

I remember the shitstorm Nylons for caused, in the 70s, with regards to perceived safety, especially fire related. Was it Wolsink that had the first encounters in the US with officialdom that wanted leathers, and nothing but?

Here in OZ, the then ACU really didn't like Nylons.

Actually, there are quite a few Denim type pants, that are CE certified, some to quite high standards - and they cost a fair bit, too.

Still, pretty cool - thank goodness they weren't Hipster type , or Rapper type jeans..................
3/6/2016 3:06am
mxb2 wrote:
It actually does though
He's on a world stage. No-ones helping him, he ain't helping them. What's a couple of sets of riding gear actually cost a manufacturer?
Twist1
3/6/2016 4:14am Edited Date/Time 3/6/2016 4:14am
He needs to send his gear to the Twist1 Apparel basement for a free bedazzle makeover.
Props to him. That's badazz.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
3/6/2016 5:59am
Bearuno wrote:
No safety standards required with reference to pants? Obviously not - though, I don't think most Nylons could pass much of a test for abrasion /...

Obviously not - though, I don't think most Nylons could pass much of a test for abrasion / fire standards.

I remember the shitstorm Nylons for caused, in the 70s, with regards to perceived safety, especially fire related. Was it Wolsink that had the first encounters in the US with officialdom that wanted leathers, and nothing but?

Actually, there are quite a few Denim type pants, that are CE certified, some to quite high standards - and they cost a fair bit, too.

Still, pretty cool - thank goodness they weren't Hipster type , or Rapper type jeans..................
Ha, what kind of safety standards do the "purpose built" riding gear meet?
Uncle Tony
3/6/2016 6:15am
Bearuno wrote:
No safety standards required with reference to pants? Obviously not - though, I don't think most Nylons could pass much of a test for abrasion /...

Yes it was wolsink, if it wasn't for him we might still be wearing cow skin! Lol
Bearuno
3/6/2016 6:29am
yak651 wrote:
Ha, what kind of safety standards do the "purpose built" riding gear meet?
That's what I'm asking - it seems, there are none (pant safety standards) required for US SX.

Perhaps there are none in other racing series. Hard to believe, nowadays, but, s**t does get through the cracks, as they say

There are various levels of CE certifications for safety gear in Europe. I've no idea if they have to be adhered to in European MX / World Motocross, but the various CE standards are tested, and, protective gear rated and certified. There may be certain markets that require minimal CE standards for road usage. The higher level CE certified Riding Jeans, I'm sure would far surpass the average pair of nylons in protection.

Doesn't look like the young bloke was wearing even knee / shin guards - I'm missing my LH knee cap from an impact decades ago, it's not a particularly hard (pun) bit of bone to break. Hell of a risk to take, but, it seems he could do so.

When I first read of him wearing jeans, I thought I might see something like our OZ brand, Dragin Jeans. There are now many, kevlar / other material lined / reinforced, padded with stuff like D3 foam, jean brands around now. Perhaps they are some sort of riding jeans. Or, just run of the mill Levis.

Whatever they are, they have certainly got him some attention.
Excaliburbmx
3/6/2016 6:44am
Totally awesome really like people mixing it up at times. Adds to the sport for sure. I ride jeans and a jersey a lot.
lumpy790
3/6/2016 6:56am
bobby397 wrote:
Thats Gary Baileys grandson, Ryan also owns the lake sugar tree track in Virginia now.
Do not think its Gary's grandson but nephew?

He is the teacher at GB MX School. Why not show his skillz?
mxb2
3/6/2016 6:56am
mxb2 wrote:
It actually does though
He's on a world stage. No-ones helping him, he ain't helping them. What's a couple of sets of riding gear actually cost a manufacturer?
Online closeouts, gear sets $80.
motogrady
3/6/2016 7:21am

The attitude of "you need gear or you're a squid" is just one more little piece of why many of the masses have left this sport.

Next, it's, oh, you have gear, but it's not the latest gear, it's so 2014. Ye a squid.

Oh, and that pipe, it's so Oem, only a squid runs Oem pipes.

And the bump sticks, how do you ride with those? You don't have an A kit, you a squid.

and that attitude runs all the way down the pike, to D class farmer joes potato field gp.

And people wonder why the sport is dying, why the average joe doesn't line up anymore.

bh84
Fantasy
1761st
3/6/2016 7:44am
He had a date with your mom after the race and didn't have time to change.
mxb2
3/6/2016 7:52am
motogrady wrote:
The attitude of "you need gear or you're a squid" is just one more little piece of why many of the masses have left this sport...

The attitude of "you need gear or you're a squid" is just one more little piece of why many of the masses have left this sport.

Next, it's, oh, you have gear, but it's not the latest gear, it's so 2014. Ye a squid.

Oh, and that pipe, it's so Oem, only a squid runs Oem pipes.

And the bump sticks, how do you ride with those? You don't have an A kit, you a squid.

and that attitude runs all the way down the pike, to D class farmer joes potato field gp.

And people wonder why the sport is dying, why the average joe doesn't line up anymore.

Agreed. Use what you afford, but at that level pretty sure he can afford a gear set.
KC435
3/6/2016 7:56am
That is actually cool. If he showed up in old pick up truck would be even better. I remember when back at Ponca, along time ago, we stayed at some old beat up motel with our open trailer and all. Well, across from us was a small boxed trailer from California. My dad went to talk to them the next morning about something and cameback saying their son was racing in the pro class. My father and I were already fans of him after that because he didn't have an expensive box van or RV and was even staying in the cheap motel. The guy was Mike Kiedrowski.
mxb2
3/6/2016 7:57am
KC435 wrote:
That is actually cool. If he showed up in old pick up truck would be even better. I remember when back at Ponca, along time ago...
That is actually cool. If he showed up in old pick up truck would be even better. I remember when back at Ponca, along time ago, we stayed at some old beat up motel with our open trailer and all. Well, across from us was a small boxed trailer from California. My dad went to talk to them the next morning about something and cameback saying their son was racing in the pro class. My father and I were already fans of him after that because he didn't have an expensive box van or RV and was even staying in the cheap motel. The guy was Mike Kiedrowski.
Mx kied was a beast. ,one of the best ever.
Frankie
3/6/2016 8:07am
Maybe he's tired of the trend in MX clothes designs now days, Doesn't what to ride looking like he's wearing a Juicy Fruit wrapper.
KC435
3/6/2016 8:11am
KC435 wrote:
That is actually cool. If he showed up in old pick up truck would be even better. I remember when back at Ponca, along time ago...
mxb2 wrote:
Mx kied was a beast. ,one of the best ever.
Yes he was.
ga_pike
3/6/2016 8:48am
Love all the guys here digging him for this. Of course, if you check his Twitter, it looks like some sort of FedEx mishap. I give him props for going out and doing his thing. Anyone remember when RJ raced in boxer shorts?
mxb2
3/6/2016 8:55am
ga_pike wrote:
Love all the guys here digging him for this. Of course, if you check his Twitter, it looks like some sort of FedEx mishap. I give...
Love all the guys here digging him for this. Of course, if you check his Twitter, it looks like some sort of FedEx mishap. I give him props for going out and doing his thing. Anyone remember when RJ raced in boxer shorts?
If they dont get ig,or twitter how would they know?
RPM68
3/6/2016 9:02am
Gear is over rated...

Post a reply to: Who was 891? Riding in Jeans?

The Latest