Who might make the main and who might miss it A1 ?

MotoMalyDad
Edited Date/Time 12/26/2015 9:15pm
OK, every January we get excited to see A1. We know Short and Baggett are injured. So that would have given us 22 riders that are all capable of a top 10 finish. Who might make the main if no one on this list has any bad luck ? Enticknap 722 ? Who on this list might get upset ? I can't wait to see this in person.

Ryan Dungey
Eli Tomac
James Stewart
Jacob Weimer
Cole Seely
Dean Wilson
Justin Bogle
Broc Tickle
Jason Anderson
Chad Reed
Marvin Musquin
Weston Peick
Trey Canard
Thomas Hahn
Justin Barcia
William Hahn
Vince Friese
Ken Roczen
Christophe Pourcel
Mike Alessi

|
SJK
12/26/2015 9:01am
Add Brayton and Millsaps to that list too
SJK
12/26/2015 9:09am Edited Date/Time 12/26/2015 9:10am
Chisholm and Way would be next on my list to make the main, of some of those fails
stangkag
12/26/2015 9:27am
Lamay would be a wildcard 450 guy if he's racing USA this year. Haven't heard
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/26/2015 9:27am
Chisolm, Brayton, Millsaps, Wey, Lamay
Grant, Nicoletti (depending on when they ride)

Alessi will have a lot of DNQ's this season

The Shop

brimx153
12/26/2015 9:30am
crusty_xx wrote:

alessi won two semi s last year . i dont think he will miss many mains at all ,
brimx153
12/26/2015 9:33am
OK, every January we get excited to see A1. We know Short and Baggett are injured. So that would have given us 22 riders that are...
OK, every January we get excited to see A1. We know Short and Baggett are injured. So that would have given us 22 riders that are all capable of a top 10 finish. Who might make the main if no one on this list has any bad luck ? Enticknap 722 ? Who on this list might get upset ? I can't wait to see this in person.

Ryan Dungey
Eli Tomac
James Stewart
Jacob Weimer
Cole Seely
Dean Wilson
Justin Bogle
Broc Tickle
Jason Anderson
Chad Reed
Marvin Musquin
Weston Peick
Trey Canard
Thomas Hahn
Justin Barcia
William Hahn
Vince Friese
Ken Roczen
Christophe Pourcel
Mike Alessi

theres alot of riders up next before 722 imo , riders like nick smith ,ronnie stewart etc etc
12/26/2015 9:36am
I don't think Hahn or Friese are definite to make the main. I say there is 4possible spots to be filled, maybe 5 depending how well Alessi comes into the season.
KTMShane699
12/26/2015 9:52am
crusty_xx wrote:

The qualifiers lend themselves perfectly to Alessi's riding. He's arguably one of the best starters in the sport. Couple great starts with a short qualifier race, and how doesn't he make mains?

One of his problems is a tendency to start well and then fall backwards in the main. He can hold on for a few laps to qualifying spots. I won't be surprised if he wins a qualifying race or two.

Shane
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
12/26/2015 9:59am
crusty_xx wrote:

The qualifiers lend themselves perfectly to Alessi's riding. He's arguably one of the best starters in the sport. Couple great starts with a short qualifier race...
The qualifiers lend themselves perfectly to Alessi's riding. He's arguably one of the best starters in the sport. Couple great starts with a short qualifier race, and how doesn't he make mains?

One of his problems is a tendency to start well and then fall backwards in the main. He can hold on for a few laps to qualifying spots. I won't be surprised if he wins a qualifying race or two.

Shane
We will see.
Ofcourse he will be in the main regularly but there are so many fast guys (who can start good as well) on the line that he could easily miss some mains. IMO
agn5009
12/26/2015 12:37pm
It's insane that a few of the riders listed above won't qualify. The competition is unreal. We will have dungey, stew, roczen, tomac, canard, barcia, anderson and seeley with a realistic chance to win any given round and are the only "shoe ins."Everyone else will be fighting for 9th-20th and a rider who takes right around 10th one week could miss the main the next. That should make for some fantastic and crazy racing.
MotoMalyDad
12/26/2015 2:43pm
SJK wrote:
Add Brayton and Millsaps to that list too
I wonder why they are not listed .A1 List
Event Provisional Entry List
Event Date Event 250SX 450SX
January 9, 2016 Anaheim 1 View View
TeamGreen
12/26/2015 3:24pm
What happens when Webb or McElrath get on a 450?
ZachO on a 350?
Webb...Plessinger?
MotoMalyDad
12/26/2015 3:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:
ZachO on a 350?
Webb...Plessinger?
Crazy to think of the ones who won't make the main. Hoping everyone stays healthy .. A pipe dream as we know what the field will look like in March.
dirtnapper
12/26/2015 4:58pm
agn5009 wrote:
It's insane that a few of the riders listed above won't qualify. The competition is unreal. We will have dungey, stew, roczen, tomac, canard, barcia, anderson...
It's insane that a few of the riders listed above won't qualify. The competition is unreal. We will have dungey, stew, roczen, tomac, canard, barcia, anderson and seeley with a realistic chance to win any given round and are the only "shoe ins."Everyone else will be fighting for 9th-20th and a rider who takes right around 10th one week could miss the main the next. That should make for some fantastic and crazy racing.
The cream will rise to the top.

By round 5 we will have two, maybe three guys in the championship hunt......and a few other guys grabbing wins here and there with no threat to the title.

Same as it ALWAYS is....
Sully
12/26/2015 5:00pm
TeamGreen wrote:
ZachO on a 350?
Webb...Plessinger?
Has anyone heard word on whether any of these guys will be doing opposite coast 450 races this year? We've seen what Webb can do on a big bike, but I'd be curious to see how Plessinger does. Kid has crazy talent.
kkawboy14
12/26/2015 5:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2015 5:04pm
Allessi finally got over looking behind but seems to hit a wall even though he seems seriously trained. Maybe he's over training?

Whoever hits the ground hard won't make the main, and there is no way to predict who that is!
DPR250R
12/26/2015 5:53pm
dirtnapper wrote:
The cream will rise to the top. By round 5 we will have two, maybe three guys in the championship hunt......and a few other guys grabbing...
The cream will rise to the top.

By round 5 we will have two, maybe three guys in the championship hunt......and a few other guys grabbing wins here and there with no threat to the title.

Same as it ALWAYS is....
and yet... nothing needs to change.
12/26/2015 6:17pm
Beginning of the year it always looks stacked. Uunfortunately, attrition always comes in to play.

Here's my breakdown (Alphabetical). Note: I am not consideration visiting opposite coast 250s and some of the riders listed may not actually be racing 2015. On the fence on a couple of these, but here is how I see it.

Group 1: The title contenders, majority race winners and prominent podium guys. I'm giving Barcia an in with the momentum of the of the 2015 outdoors.

Eli Tomac
James Stewart
Justin Barcia
Ken Roczen
Ryan Dungey
Trey Canard

Group 2:
Battling for top 5s, occasional podiums and not impossible for race wins. Giving Peick a bump as he continues to get better year after year.

Chad Reed
Cole Seely
Jason Anderson
Marvin Musquin
Weston Peick

Group 3:
The biggest group will be battling for top 10s and possible top 5s. Still talented enough guys in this group to post strong rides or even rare podiums. A lot of uncertainty here. Will Millsaps, Pourcel, Wilson or Bogle elevate to a higher tier?

Andrew Short- (hurt)
Blake Bagget - (hurt)
Brett Metcalf - selected events?
Broc Tickle
Christophe Pourcel
Davi Millspas
Dean Wilson
Josh Grant - Has ride?
Justin Bogle
Justin Brayton
Mike Alessi
William Hahn

Group 4: It’s a good thing that Short and Baggett are hurt and Grant doesn't have a ride (I think) or group 4 would be starting with the gate already full. These are solid guys that most folks say,” yea, they'll make the main,” but do the math. Only a couple will. It will take luck, bad-luck on others and injuries for too many of these guys to regularly make the main.

Ben Lemay
Fred Noren - Still in US?
Jacob Weimer
Kyle Chisholm
Phil Nicoletti
Thomas Hahn
Vince Friese

Group 5: These guys, along with all of the unlucky ones from the mains and Semi's should give us some talented gates in the LCQ's. They’ll be needing an LCQ holeshot or probably attrition to make many mains. Good move on
Jimmy Albertson for dropping down to the 250s.

Adam Enticknap
Killy Rusk
Kyle Patridge- Retired?
Nick Schmidt
Nick Wey
Ronnie Stewart
Zach Freeberg

51xc
12/26/2015 6:28pm
you've got to love mx.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
12/26/2015 6:34pm
OK, every January we get excited to see A1. We know Short and Baggett are injured. So that would have given us 22 riders that are...

Ryan Dungey
Eli Tomac
James Stewart
Jacob Weimer
Cole Seely
Dean Wilson
Justin Bogle
Broc Tickle
Jason Anderson
Chad Reed
Marvin Musquin
Weston Peick
Trey Canard
Thomas Hahn
Justin Barcia
William Hahn
Vince Friese
Ken Roczen
Christophe Pourcel
Mike Alessi

brimx153 wrote:
theres alot of riders up next before 722 imo , riders like nick smith ,ronnie stewart etc etc
Ronnie Stewart is hurt and will miss a few at the start of the season.
Hcallz5
12/26/2015 6:38pm
Hopefully Tomac has got his starts dialed in on the new bike, he's gonna need them with the field like it is.
BobPA
12/26/2015 7:49pm
Hcallz5 wrote:
Hopefully Tomac has got his starts dialed in on the new bike, he's gonna need them with the field like it is.
And you know this how?
Twist1
12/26/2015 8:29pm Edited Date/Time 12/26/2015 8:30pm
Going to be some guys missing from the front, early Iin the season. Attrition will be paramount.
Track design/conditions will be a big deal. Can guys lay down fast laps in a comfort zone, or will it be insane?
Im betting on insane.
Stephon
12/26/2015 9:15pm
crusty_xx wrote:

The qualifiers lend themselves perfectly to Alessi's riding. He's arguably one of the best starters in the sport. Couple great starts with a short qualifier race...

Shane
I agree with this concerning Alessi. Especially since he'll also have an LCQ shot to get in the main as well. But then the main is another story...fade in this field and the 800 could easily end up 12th to 16th. I like Mike and hope he can stay healthy, hungry and in the fight.

Post a reply to: Who might make the main and who might miss it A1 ?

The Latest