Who is your "Big 6" ?

colorado2day
In his 'Observations' on Racer X Steven Matthes says its "Roczen, Dungey, Musquin, Anderson, Tomac & Seely".

Where do Webb & Millsaps and Baggett fit in ? Reed ?

Racerxonline.com/ observations-anaheim-1
|
RbR
1/11/2017 10:01pm
IMO any "BIG" list in this sport must necessarily include Mr. Reed.

The Shop

Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/11/2017 10:23pm
barring any major injuries Roczen will runaway with the title. He is riding like JS7 in 2004, when he was on his 125. He only lost two races the whole year, due to mechanicals. and Roncada even challeneged his at vegas and Hangtown and he wasnt phased.

Kroc is gelling with his bike and his training, he is confident and KNOWS he will win.

after him in no particular order, Dungey, tomac and musquin, then seely anderson
1/11/2017 10:27pm
That's an honest break down of where the guys lay... What's the big deal? There are two packs when it comes to relative competitiveness a few guys might jump around depending on a good or bad weekend but it's pretty spot on,
RbR
1/11/2017 10:38pm
God damned it ... Reed won't be around much longer, so show some respect. Big 6 in this sport are Dungey, Reed, Roczen, whoever is riding suzy, Porcel, and last, but not least, Mr. Tomac.
1/11/2017 10:59pm
In terms of name? influence? branding appeal and ability to sell or represent something? Or in terms of competitiveness?

I think you have to go with the guys who have a realistic chance at winning races, those are the guys you have to consider top tier.

1/11/2017 11:44pm
How do you figured tomac as number two in line? his potential or where he's currently at? It still wouldn't be unreasonable to consider Ryan as the top contender, his consistency has to be taken into account.
1/11/2017 11:52pm
How do you figured tomac as number two in line? his potential or where he's currently at? It still wouldn't be unreasonable to consider Ryan as...
How do you figured tomac as number two in line? his potential or where he's currently at? It still wouldn't be unreasonable to consider Ryan as the top contender, his consistency has to be taken into account.
Just his speed actually. But you're right, consistency is a big factor too in the end of the season
1/11/2017 11:58pm
I feel like it's tomacs world if he gets everything in line, but at the same time I think that expectation's what's catching him up with his fading issue, the pressure or mental state of " he has to be there " in the top spot is doing more harm than good. If he just let go of that idea, laughed at how silly it is and had fun, I bet he'd ride way more relaxed and not wind up fading 12 laps in , if it's not a serious result of the major work he's had done to his shoulders last year. That's something I wish we truly knew and had transparency on...
1/12/2017 12:12am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2017 12:14am
Didn't He say his shoulders were fine, it was just arm pump?
Let go the pressure is always a good thing in my book but it's never easy. But potential wise nobody is close to Eli. He is the only one able to be a match for Kenny in the long run
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
1/12/2017 12:15am
How do you figured tomac as number two in line? his potential or where he's currently at? It still wouldn't be unreasonable to consider Ryan as...
you're giving Dungey more credit than he deserves. If you look at all of his title its when someone IE Villopoto or Roczen was injured.

Dungey has always been rock steady, he rides his own race and doesnt deviate, and is ok with taking a second vs fighting and possibly crashing for a 1st.

Dungey will be on the box every weekend, but he will get beat to the top spot because he doesnt have the aggro'ness to assert his dominance
1/12/2017 12:22am
You're right, he's never been prolific, but also we didn't seen him develop like he did under aldon to his more aggressive state until the last two years. Maybe if he was where he is now, he'd have offered more of a challenge back then you know? A lot of it's timing in personal development.

that's also where I'm at with kenny, he's grown into someone whose going to be more consistent and mitigate those little mistakes that have destroyed his title chances in the past 2 seasons.

This is the most interesting season in a while, regardless where the field truly stacks up at.

I agree, no one has more potential than eli, but until it's realized I have to put him further down the list. That was scary watching him move backwards. I'd be way more confident in his season if he at least held his position.

How many guys do we really see come on during a season? Develop of the course of the year?
1/12/2017 12:23am
In his 'Observations' on Racer X Steven Matthes says its "Roczen, Dungey, Musquin, Anderson, Tomac & Seely". Where do Webb & Millsaps and Baggett fit in...
In his 'Observations' on Racer X Steven Matthes says its "Roczen, Dungey, Musquin, Anderson, Tomac & Seely".

Where do Webb & Millsaps and Baggett fit in ? Reed ?

Racerxonline.com/ observations-anaheim-1
Baggett,fits into his pants,thats about it.
1/12/2017 12:30am
you're giving Dungey more credit than he deserves. If you look at all of his title its when someone IE Villopoto or Roczen was injured. Dungey...
you're giving Dungey more credit than he deserves. If you look at all of his title its when someone IE Villopoto or Roczen was injured.

Dungey has always been rock steady, he rides his own race and doesnt deviate, and is ok with taking a second vs fighting and possibly crashing for a 1st.

Dungey will be on the box every weekend, but he will get beat to the top spot because he doesnt have the aggro'ness to assert his dominance
You do know Roczen competed in those series Dunge won the title right? If you're gonna bash or discredit a rider at least do it with some facts and not look like one those fake journalists.
Motofinne
1/12/2017 4:15am
It's amazing how some overrate Tomac and underrate Dungey all the time.

Here is a fact. Tomac 0 450 titles. Dungey 5 450 titles.

I don't think there is a "big 6". There is a "big 2". Dungey and Roczen.
1/12/2017 4:21am
That might be true, but we all wish for multiple guys who can make the racing amazing by challenging for wins week in and week out.

RG1
1/12/2017 4:25am
Motofinne wrote:
It's amazing how some overrate Tomac and underrate Dungey all the time. Here is a fact. Tomac 0 450 titles. Dungey 5 450 titles. I don't...

I agree that Tomac is overrated. For someone with the speed he has sometimes, he's not won near as much as he should've done. We've seen lots of riders over the years who are inconsistent from one week to the next, one week they'll be okay, next week they'll be blazing fast, but it's happened on more than a couple of occasions where he's gone from blazing fast to just okay or vice versa, in just over an hour. It's incredible. People were talking about Roczen, Dungey and Tomac being the 3 favourites for the SX title, but I don't put him on the same level as those two, in fact I think I'd put Anderson ahead of him in SX.
Motofinne
1/12/2017 4:37am
Motofinne wrote:
It's amazing how some overrate Tomac and underrate Dungey all the time. Here is a fact. Tomac 0 450 titles. Dungey 5 450 titles. I don't...

RG1 wrote:
I agree that Tomac is overrated. For someone with the speed he has sometimes, he's not won near as much as he should've done. We've seen...
I agree that Tomac is overrated. For someone with the speed he has sometimes, he's not won near as much as he should've done. We've seen lots of riders over the years who are inconsistent from one week to the next, one week they'll be okay, next week they'll be blazing fast, but it's happened on more than a couple of occasions where he's gone from blazing fast to just okay or vice versa, in just over an hour. It's incredible. People were talking about Roczen, Dungey and Tomac being the 3 favourites for the SX title, but I don't put him on the same level as those two, in fact I think I'd put Anderson ahead of him in SX.
I agree. Tomac is a title candidate outdoors but not indoors*. There has never been any suggestions that he would be on the elite title winning level in SX(450 class). I guess his raw speed that he can show once in awhile outdoors makes people think he can do the same in SX.

*if everyone is healthy
Pepe
1/12/2017 4:53am
Marketing and public opinion are funny things. The defending champ is like second fiddle to the guy he beat "straight up" last season. Don't forget that a catastrophic week for Ryan is 4th. A bad week for Kenny is Doc Bodnar.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
1/12/2017 5:10am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2017 5:12am
you're giving Dungey more credit than he deserves. If you look at all of his title its when someone IE Villopoto or Roczen was injured. Dungey...

Who was hurt last year?

Dude has 6 national championships but gets zero respect
1/12/2017 5:13am
Pepe wrote:
Marketing and public opinion are funny things. The defending champ is like second fiddle to the guy he beat "straight up" last season. Don't forget that...
Marketing and public opinion are funny things. The defending champ is like second fiddle to the guy he beat "straight up" last season. Don't forget that a catastrophic week for Ryan is 4th. A bad week for Kenny is Doc Bodnar.
It was worse than that when kenny cased it, he wasn't right until he got his back fixed... You can't just assume he's going to do the same thing he has before though, he's so young and growing still, with dungey we know what's there and what he's going to do.
b_kowalsk
1/12/2017 6:22am
Every year its the same, hype, hype, hype. Then 1 or 2 guys separate themselves from the rest. Dungey will wear down the field. As for Reed, he always finds his way to the front and will finish ahead of most of the "big 6" by the time the season is over.
early
Fantasy
2231st
1/12/2017 6:37am
b_kowalsk wrote:
Every year its the same, hype, hype, hype. Then 1 or 2 guys separate themselves from the rest. Dungey will wear down the field. As for...
Every year its the same, hype, hype, hype. Then 1 or 2 guys separate themselves from the rest. Dungey will wear down the field. As for Reed, he always finds his way to the front and will finish ahead of most of the "big 6" by the time the season is over.
Been like this for the better part of 30 years. Thats just the way motocross is. GPs are the same way. Big 6 are correct. I like Chad but I dont see him up in the top 6 consistently unfortunately.
Flatliner
1/12/2017 6:56am

You need to help me out here.... How many supercross races has he won the past two seasons? I missed the part in 2015 where roczen and tomac we're injured.

kkawboy14
1/12/2017 8:42am
I feel like it's tomacs world if he gets everything in line, but at the same time I think that expectation's what's catching him up with...
I feel like it's tomacs world if he gets everything in line, but at the same time I think that expectation's what's catching him up with his fading issue, the pressure or mental state of " he has to be there " in the top spot is doing more harm than good. If he just let go of that idea, laughed at how silly it is and had fun, I bet he'd ride way more relaxed and not wind up fading 12 laps in , if it's not a serious result of the major work he's had done to his shoulders last year. That's something I wish we truly knew and had transparency on...
It's any of those 6's world if they get it all in line. Right now, today, it's all Roczens world.

Post a reply to: Who is your "Big 6" ?

The Latest