Who is fast enough to win a moto outdoors?

FroDiddy
3/25/2015 7:13am
Tarz483 wrote:
Imo opinion
Ryan Dungey is going to
Dominate !
I think Tomac has him covered in the speed department, but Dungey's confidence will be sky high.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
3/25/2015 9:10am
Peick. I know, he's certainly not a proven entity to make it in the top three, but consider that he's gotten in the top five in...
Peick.

I know, he's certainly not a proven entity to make it in the top three, but consider that he's gotten in the top five in the past. This becomes far more impressive when you consider he was running privateer equipment and didn't race most of the series- it's about like some guy coming off the couch and doing a damn good job as QB in a NFL game. Now put him on the top-fuel rocket ship JGR bike, increase his confidence, have him stay sharp by racing the whole series and you have a recipe for some excellent results- he's certainly done so in SX.

I bet he's a podium guy in the outdoors and in the hunt for race wins. Next year he's a championship contender.
brimx153 wrote:
He was on a full factory bike all last year for outdoors, I can see a podium maybe but no way will he win A race...
He was on a full factory bike all last year for outdoors, I can see a podium maybe but no way will he win A race .
I stand corrected on that point.

I struggle a bit thinking he'll win a race, but it won't come as much of a surprise if he wins a moto (which is the original question). It'd be great to see another race winner and top contender, makes for more exciting racing for all of us.
stewie94
3/25/2015 9:11am
stewie94 wrote:
yea this! wassup logan Smile its stewie from ps4
logan_140 wrote:
What's up stew ahaha Want a whoopin on mxgpTongue
Rowlands wrote:
What's you psn names boys ?
mines is stewie34732
VicDaMoan03
3/25/2015 9:37am
Any chance JS7 starts the outdoor series either by appeal or AMA intervention? If not I see Dungey running away with it. Two other primary contenders (Rozen and Canard) will both be nursing and coming back from injuries. The only man left to give him a run is Tomac IMO. Reed will have flashes of speed and win races but will not be there week in and week out IMO.

The Shop

karsmakers
3/25/2015 10:20am
The dark horse that has the raw speed to win a moto is Baggett. Definitely in the top three for balls out speed. Plus he is really good at certain tracks......just needs a start and to keep it on both wheels.
wildbill
3/25/2015 11:15am
karsmakers wrote:
The dark horse that has the raw speed to win a moto is Baggett. Definitely in the top three for balls out speed. Plus he is...
The dark horse that has the raw speed to win a moto is Baggett. Definitely in the top three for balls out speed. Plus he is really good at certain tracks......just needs a start and to keep it on both wheels.
Heck yes he has the raw speed. He already has MX figured out, his rapid advancement in 450 SX is only going to help plaster a big ole confident grin on his face. Hope that sweet cornering ability of his bike is not too noticeable at speed.
brimx153
3/25/2015 1:44pm
Peick. I know, he's certainly not a proven entity to make it in the top three, but consider that he's gotten in the top five in...
Peick.

I know, he's certainly not a proven entity to make it in the top three, but consider that he's gotten in the top five in the past. This becomes far more impressive when you consider he was running privateer equipment and didn't race most of the series- it's about like some guy coming off the couch and doing a damn good job as QB in a NFL game. Now put him on the top-fuel rocket ship JGR bike, increase his confidence, have him stay sharp by racing the whole series and you have a recipe for some excellent results- he's certainly done so in SX.

I bet he's a podium guy in the outdoors and in the hunt for race wins. Next year he's a championship contender.
brimx153 wrote:
He was on a full factory bike all last year for outdoors, I can see a podium maybe but no way will he win A race...
He was on a full factory bike all last year for outdoors, I can see a podium maybe but no way will he win A race .
I stand corrected on that point. I struggle a bit thinking he'll win a race, but it won't come as much of a surprise if he...
I stand corrected on that point.

I struggle a bit thinking he'll win a race, but it won't come as much of a surprise if he wins a moto (which is the original question). It'd be great to see another race winner and top contender, makes for more exciting racing for all of us.
would love Weston to win a moto , just don't see it happening at all. I think he has a better chance of winning a SX imo . I think he is better indoors now. but yea agree with you it would be great , I hope I am wrong Smile
motokiwi
Fantasy
319th
3/25/2015 1:44pm
lol did you say Reed? Dream on mate.
stewie94
3/25/2015 2:42pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 2:44pm
if weston fades indoors..... how is he goona win an outdoor race with tomac , dungey & roczen on the gate???
phantom 662
3/25/2015 3:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/25/2015 3:39pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Grant had to ride way over his head to win that race and had nothing left in moto 2. . . Not saying he couldn't repeat...
Grant had to ride way over his head to win that race and had nothing left in moto 2. . . Not saying he couldn't repeat that, but it didn't happen again all year and I don't think it'll happen again.

Is Grant back on Two Two for outdoors? How long is his contract?

I'd say Dungey, Roczen, Canard, and Tomac are the safe bets.

Wild guesses are Reed, Stewart, BB4, and Seely. Not saying that CAN'T win, but these guys are constantly either winning, or in the mid pack and you can never guess which side is going to show up on any given day.
That about sums it up for me as well.
Good job!
motomike137
3/25/2015 4:59pm
brimx153 wrote:
Barica and grant ,I can see grant doing it straight up like last year ,
I think Barcia is next on the list after the riders mentioned in the op. He has tasted it before and knows the feeling and has the raw speed.
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1177th
3/25/2015 5:19pm
stewie94 wrote:
if weston fades indoors..... how is he goona win an outdoor race with tomac , dungey & roczen on the gate???
He's been fading indoors due to the broken foot he sustained in SX round 2. Couldn't properly exercise, that makes it tough to stay fit. Unless he gets hurt again, his fitness will continue to get better as the season continues (as would anyone's).

I'm not picking him as a favorite to win races, but in my opinion, he's fast enough to win a moto outdoors. Since that's the subject of the thread....
stewie94
3/25/2015 5:37pm
stewie94 wrote:
He's been fading indoors due to the broken foot he sustained in SX round 2. Couldn't properly exercise, that makes it tough to stay fit. Unless...
He's been fading indoors due to the broken foot he sustained in SX round 2. Couldn't properly exercise, that makes it tough to stay fit. Unless he gets hurt again, his fitness will continue to get better as the season continues (as would anyone's).

I'm not picking him as a favorite to win races, but in my opinion, he's fast enough to win a moto outdoors. Since that's the subject of the thread....
i see the speed but i dont think he has race wins in him , all i see is a podium here & there.. i seriously doubt he can hang with dunge , tomac & roczen for a whole 30 min + 2 moto
3/25/2015 5:52pm
I think Barcia is next on the list after the riders mentioned in the op. He has tasted it before and knows the feeling and has...
I think Barcia is next on the list after the riders mentioned in the op. He has tasted it before and knows the feeling and has the raw speed.
I'm feeling for the same about Barcia but I question how he fits with the Yamaha...
It's a great bike, good team and it's working for Weston, but jumping from Honda suddenly to JGR seems like it would be a difficult switch. He did get a 4th at Anaheim 3 though before injury.
logan_140
3/25/2015 5:55pm
stewie94 wrote:
yea this! wassup logan Smile its stewie from ps4
logan_140 wrote:
What's up stew ahaha Want a whoopin on mxgpTongue
Rowlands wrote:
What's you psn names boys ?
Logan_140 is mine you got mxgp?
logan_140
3/25/2015 5:58pm
motokiwi wrote:
lol did you say Reed? Dream on mate.
People like you that he shuts up every season lol

Post a reply to: Who is fast enough to win a moto outdoors?

The Latest