Who is Kyle Engle racing the GP's...?

Danster
Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 10:33am
Raced the last 2 MXGP's #287 on a Suzuki for USA
|
moscrop940
8/30/2015 1:11pm
If it's the Kyle Engle from a few years back he was a pretty quick kid on 80's. Rode for Honda and Red Bull and then dropped off the map for a long time.

Hopefully it's him and I'm glad to see him back
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/30/2015 1:34pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
Man did he crash hard... http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/kyle-engle-life-after-crash/7792/ Reading his interview above, he doesn't care for Supercross, I'm a fan already... https://youtu.be/nGgbMcUGwv4 I can't find any record of...
Man did he crash hard... http://vurbmoto.com/blogs/kyle-engle-life-after-crash/7792/
Reading his interview above, he doesn't care for Supercross, I'm a fan already...

https://youtu.be/nGgbMcUGwv4

I can't find any record of him being a pro on Davey's site...

Loretta's record...

He fell off the face the earth due to some major drug problems... I'm really surprised he's back racing.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/30/2015 1:48pm
I would be very surprised if that were true, considering the condition he was in when I saw him mid-last year...

The Shop

Dx3moto
8/30/2015 1:52pm
Kyle was insane on 85's, used to battle hard with Christian Craig and Blake Baggett.
Bigfoot
8/30/2015 2:08pm
Any relation to Rob or Tom Engle, both fast SoCal guys from the 80's?
MX Culture
8/30/2015 3:46pm
It the same Kyle Engle and he is clean Mike.
Unlike some pros that can't get it figured out, Kyle has.
He's been in Europe for a few months now racing supercross, actually, as those races have started already.
He told me he's going to do a couple of gp's, come home for September and head back for the winter races through December.
He also says he wants to be on the gate at A1 and I'm going to back him just as I did in the Sano pitbike days as long as he keeps his act together.
if he wants it, he's very capable of getting back into the mix.
DD
Olson
8/30/2015 3:58pm
26-27 today out of 27 riders, hope he's better at SX if he wants to be in the mix at A1.
MX Culture
8/30/2015 3:59pm
Yeah, currently.
And of course he can slip, anyone can.
But I think he's got it beat this time.
Hope I'm right.
nytsmaC
8/30/2015 4:00pm
Remember that time when you stated "No one on this forum knows if he's clean or not"

I hope your leg heals so you can get back to riding 15 hours a day and stop posting.
nytsmaC
8/30/2015 4:13pm
Actually I do own this forum, GuyB works for me.
8/30/2015 5:19pm
MX Culture wrote:
It the same Kyle Engle and he is clean Mike. Unlike some pros that can't get it figured out, Kyle has. He's been in Europe for...
He's been in Europe for a few months now racing supercross, actually, as those races have started already.
He told me he's going to do a couple of gp's, come home for September and head back for the winter races through December.
He also says he wants to be on the gate at A1 and I'm going to back him just as I did in the Sano pitbike days as long as he keeps his act together.
DD
And to add to this he's been doing the 9-5 thing for a while and was helping out a European rider this year in SX.

500guy
8/30/2015 5:24pm
Olson wrote:
26-27 today out of 27 riders, hope he's better at SX if he wants to be in the mix at A1.
I doubt there will be 5ft thick sand all the way around A-1

Good luck to the young man both on and off the track.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/30/2015 5:26pm
MX Culture wrote:
It the same Kyle Engle and he is clean Mike. Unlike some pros that can't get it figured out, Kyle has. He's been in Europe for...
DD
And to add to this he's been doing the 9-5 thing for a while and was helping out a European rider this year in SX. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/30/103396/s1200_MG_1832.jpg[/img]
And to add to this he's been doing the 9-5 thing for a while and was helping out a European rider this year in SX.

I'm just going to whistle to myself for a bit...
Danster
8/30/2015 8:25pm
Danster wrote:
What I've read, it's really a sad thing getting hook on pain pills,
and this happens more then we know it. One of the top riders
in the US has had his problems with pain pills and is been clean
for a while now. Then we hear about Nico Izzi and his problems.
This is a serious problem in this sport and AMA FIM really need
to step in and setup some kind of program to help these riders,
rather then just suspending these riders, lets help them..!
Connard
8/31/2015 1:14am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 1:16am
Kyle is currently traveling europeand racing with Ludovic Macler, a french amateur champion who did a few sx on the west coast this year.

From what i've seen Kyle made some money over there and seems to have fun, back on a bike..
agn5009
8/31/2015 4:55am
Danster wrote:
Danster wrote:
What I've read, it's really a sad thing getting hook on pain pills, and this happens more then we know it. One of the top riders...
Why is it the AMA/FIM's responsibility? Just because he rides a dirt bike? If I get addicted to drugs my boss ain't going to pay or step in to get me clean. No offense to you, but this sort of attitude is what's wrong with the world. People who are self entitled and take 0 responsibility for their own actions.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
8/31/2015 6:41am
Danster wrote:
Danster wrote:
What I've read, it's really a sad thing getting hook on pain pills, and this happens more then we know it. One of the top riders...
agn5009 wrote:
Why is it the AMA/FIM's responsibility? Just because he rides a dirt bike? If I get addicted to drugs my boss ain't going to pay or...
Why is it the AMA/FIM's responsibility? Just because he rides a dirt bike? If I get addicted to drugs my boss ain't going to pay or step in to get me clean. No offense to you, but this sort of attitude is what's wrong with the world. People who are self entitled and take 0 responsibility for their own actions.
Please elaborate on the top rider you mentioned?
Sideways
8/31/2015 6:50am
Pourcel got addicted to pain killers when he broke his back/ neck and was in a wheelchair. He has said it himself. But that was a long time ago and i doubt he still is.
Gringoe
8/31/2015 6:53am
Danster wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
Why is it the AMA/FIM's responsibility? Just because he rides a dirt bike? If I get addicted to drugs my boss ain't going to pay or...
jhansen510 wrote:
Please elaborate on the top rider you mentioned?
I can think of 4 off the top of my head that had issues. No point of putting their names out there.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/31/2015 8:15am
agn5009 wrote:
Agreed. And for the most part, just handing most people in these situations a huge safety net enables them to keep going down the path they are...
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
8/31/2015 8:17am Edited Date/Time 8/31/2015 8:41am
I would assume a few of the top guys know what it feels like to go through withdrawal due to opiates. Anyone that has been seriously injured most likely would know the feeling. The crazy thing for me is that when I had my terrible accident and was on hardcore narcotics for like 4 months or so. I never once remember going through any type of withdrawal when I came off of them. When I got discharged from my 3 month hospital stay the dr handed me a bag of pills and said be careful thats worth about 20K on the street. I had every type of opiate known to man and they had my mother rotate between meds. I am wondering if that had something to do with it but opiates are opiates. It was not until a later injury that my addiction grabbed ahold of me. It was a rough 4 years but things have been going really well for me since I pulled my head out of my ass and asked the people who love me for help. I hurt a lot of people along the way and did some bad things. I now live life for my child and soon to be wife who is expecting our second child. Life is good!
agn5009
8/31/2015 9:02am
jhansen510 wrote:
I would assume a few of the top guys know what it feels like to go through withdrawal due to opiates. Anyone that has been seriously...
I would assume a few of the top guys know what it feels like to go through withdrawal due to opiates. Anyone that has been seriously injured most likely would know the feeling. The crazy thing for me is that when I had my terrible accident and was on hardcore narcotics for like 4 months or so. I never once remember going through any type of withdrawal when I came off of them. When I got discharged from my 3 month hospital stay the dr handed me a bag of pills and said be careful thats worth about 20K on the street. I had every type of opiate known to man and they had my mother rotate between meds. I am wondering if that had something to do with it but opiates are opiates. It was not until a later injury that my addiction grabbed ahold of me. It was a rough 4 years but things have been going really well for me since I pulled my head out of my ass and asked the people who love me for help. I hurt a lot of people along the way and did some bad things. I now live life for my child and soon to be wife who is expecting our second child. Life is good!
Awesome man. That's a great story, congrats on your pending marriage and child. For the people trying to justify placing the responsibility on others to help an addict get clean should read what jhansen just said. He realized his own personal problems, took accountability and tackled them head on with the help of his loved ones.
Sandberm
8/31/2015 9:26am
ML512 wrote:
I'm just going to whistle to myself for a bit...
Whats that supposed to mean?

I dont know Kyle, but I commend him for (apparently) getting his life in order and doing his best...apparently.
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
8/31/2015 9:43am
jhansen510 wrote:
I would assume a few of the top guys know what it feels like to go through withdrawal due to opiates. Anyone that has been seriously...
agn5009 wrote:
Awesome man. That's a great story, congrats on your pending marriage and child. For the people trying to justify placing the responsibility on others to help...
Awesome man. That's a great story, congrats on your pending marriage and child. For the people trying to justify placing the responsibility on others to help an addict get clean should read what jhansen just said. He realized his own personal problems, took accountability and tackled them head on with the help of his loved ones.
Thank you! I am far from living a perfect life. But each day I try to make good decisions and work toward building a better life for my family. Once I had my son my whole world changed for the better and continues to do so. There are some serious flaws in our system as far as pain management, healthcare, rehabilitation, etc. Everything is money driven and in my opinion is where the problem lies. However, the blame needs to be put on the person and not the system.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
8/31/2015 10:03am
Danster wrote:
Danster wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
My company offers an Employee Assistance Program, help with any kind of issue, depression, alcohol, drug abuse, etc. Not anyone's responsibility besides his own, but would be nice if there is some help when/if they realize they have a problem.
agn5009
8/31/2015 10:18am
Danster wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
yak651 wrote:
My company offers an Employee Assistance Program, help with any kind of issue, depression, alcohol, drug abuse, etc. Not anyone's responsibility besides his own, but would...
My company offers an Employee Assistance Program, help with any kind of issue, depression, alcohol, drug abuse, etc. Not anyone's responsibility besides his own, but would be nice if there is some help when/if they realize they have a problem.
Having a system to help a good employee who falls on hard times is a great thing. Placing the responsibility on the employer is a terrible and unfair thing. I'm completely in favor of an employer basically saying, listen, you're going through a hard time in your life. Go to rehab or do whatever you need to do to get better and your job will be here waiting for you when you get healthy. That's fantastic and most likely will make that employee more enthusiastic about working for the company. I'm just saying you can't expect anyone's employer to be responsible for it. It's the individuals responsibility to seek help from family, friends or a private entity. You can't expect your employer to get involved in your personal life or problems.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/31/2015 10:33am
Sandberm wrote:
Whats that supposed to mean?

I dont know Kyle, but I commend him for (apparently) getting his life in order and doing his best...apparently.
I'm just beyond surprised after seeing something first hand.

Post a reply to: Who is Kyle Engle racing the GP's...?

The Latest