Who could KR even ride for?

downard254
Edited Date/Time 8/21/2015 3:11pm
In all seriousness, if Kenny and RCH were to part ways, who would be the most logical team who could even find a spot for him. (I know, I read the RacerX interview where he said he was signed for two years, and was going to make it work) I'd guess the first choice would likely be Husky. It's the new KTM so he'd get that good bike Dungey had this year, and I doubt Anderson and Poucel are getting paid so much that they couldn't swing Kenny too. (Crap, I just realized Husky is Rockstar), never mind, I simply don't see any available spots.
|
downard254
8/20/2015 5:51pm
Yea, but I'll bet Yosh's budget is tapped out with Stewart and Bagget, and I would find it hard to believe Honda would take a third with Canard and Seely. I'd say no way with Kawi and Tomac. Just seems like there's no place he'd fit in.
BillyMadison
8/20/2015 5:54pm
Honda. Trey and Kenny would make a good team. Trey will most likely be on his last strike. One more injury ridden year and he will be gone. Plenty of room for Ken.
8/20/2015 6:16pm
Is Honda affiliated with any energy drink? Is muscle milk a personal sponsor of Trey's?

The Shop

GD2
Fantasy
815th
8/20/2015 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 6:24pm
Is Honda affiliated with any energy drink? Is muscle milk a personal sponsor of Trey's?
The team has no energy drink sponsorship, and neither does Trey. Muscle Milk ended their agreement with Honda last year.
kevin204
Fantasy
2865th
8/20/2015 6:24pm
It would sort-of make sense him being teammates with Reed at Yamaha, but that depends on if Monster is a team sponsor or not, as well as how big of a chunk Yamaha wants to bite off in their first year back as a factory team.
davistld01
8/20/2015 6:31pm
Someone posted a rumor a while ago that RedBull was courting Team Honda or vice versa.
katlovesmoto
8/20/2015 6:36pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 6:38pm
Is it absolutely impossible at this level to make it as a Privateer, even with the support of big name sponsors? Also, then what does having a factory ride (Suzuki) supposed to mean if team owner is RCH Racing? Be patient with me guys, I'm still learning!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
8/20/2015 6:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 6:45pm
davistld01 wrote:
Someone posted a rumor a while ago that RedBull was courting Team Honda or vice versa.
^^ This ^^ I heard that one too. Even if that doesn't go through, I would think he could bring on RedBull as personal sponsor. RedBull Honda graphics might be a nice change.
Starcrossed
8/20/2015 6:57pm
Is it absolutely impossible at this level to make it as a Privateer, even with the support of big name sponsors? Also, then what does having...
Is it absolutely impossible at this level to make it as a Privateer, even with the support of big name sponsors? Also, then what does having a factory ride (Suzuki) supposed to mean if team owner is RCH Racing? Be patient with me guys, I'm still learning!
Welcome to VitalMX kat, you're in the right place if you want to learn more about motocross. There are different levels of privateer these days, however it is unlikely that Roczen will be going that route anytime soon. It isn't easy to compete against the factory teams on a limited budget, but with the right sponsors and a healthy stream of cash inflow, a top level rider can be competitive. One recent example that comes to mind is Vince Friese in Supercross.

I really don't think Ken is going anywhere until his current deal expires next year. If he were to end up parting ways with RCH after this year, I'm guessing there would be a few teams who would be in the market for his services. When a guy like Kenny becomes available on short notice, teams will make room for him. Look what just happened with Millsaps.
tprice07
8/20/2015 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 8/21/2015 6:34am
James is done in two? I'm guessing Baggett's contract is up after 17? If he didn't stay with RCH, Yosh would be his option.

I can't imagine Honda would put up that kind of money, but with Tomac leaving they may. They currently aren't affiliated with any drinks.
h&m_cycle
8/20/2015 7:12pm
The thread is titled, "who could he ride for?" answer "anybody", he's faster then Milsaps and he still gets hired...
cheers_22
8/20/2015 7:40pm
davistld01 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
^^ This ^^ I heard that one too. Even if that doesn't go through, I would think he could bring on RedBull as personal sponsor. RedBull...
^^ This ^^ I heard that one too. Even if that doesn't go through, I would think he could bring on RedBull as personal sponsor. RedBull Honda graphics might be a nice change.
You'll never see red bull Honda graphics. You will see something similar to oem graphics. They have been paired with red bull in previous years anyway.
51xc
8/20/2015 8:42pm
he is not going anywhere. people forget it is not the bike he has problems with more so the staff at rch and the options he has been given in regards to bike parts.
ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/20/2015 8:55pm
davistld01 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
^^ This ^^ I heard that one too. Even if that doesn't go through, I would think he could bring on RedBull as personal sponsor. RedBull...
I saw Honda's 2016 rig artwork today... No Red Bull.

But yes, Honda is the most likely place for him to land if something comes up...

8/20/2015 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 9:01pm
Cooper's on a pretty sweet deal. Yamaha pay him to "Race for himself". Kenny needs to get himself some of that action.
Fearo
8/21/2015 12:37am
As has been said a 1000 times, Roczen will never ride for a non Red Bull team, so that leaves:

-Yoshimura Suzuki
-HRC Honda
-JGR?
-KTM
IWreckALot
8/21/2015 5:55am
ML512 wrote:

But yes, Honda is the most likely place for him to land if something comes up...

Have you heard any more than what is floating around here from Vital's finest?
davistld01
8/21/2015 6:34am
davistld01 wrote:
langhammx wrote:
ML512 wrote:

Like I posted before, I can see Honda making the biggest coup ever if they were to bail Roczen out of his remaining contract with RCH to the tune of what somebody here said is $2mil. If KR wanted to jump, and Honda was willing to write the check...and they could sign him to a mainly performance/bonus-based contract, it would be a total win deal on the cheap for Honda considering the talent they would be getting.

ML512
Fantasy
45th
8/21/2015 7:13am
langhammx wrote:
ML512 wrote:

davistld01 wrote:
Like I posted before, I can see Honda making the biggest coup ever if they were to bail Roczen out of his remaining contract with RCH...
Like I posted before, I can see Honda making the biggest coup ever if they were to bail Roczen out of his remaining contract with RCH to the tune of what somebody here said is $2mil. If KR wanted to jump, and Honda was willing to write the check...and they could sign him to a mainly performance/bonus-based contract, it would be a total win deal on the cheap for Honda considering the talent they would be getting.

Honda has more than that to spend right now, they could make it happen.... HRC is not super happy right now... Laughing
mauidex
8/21/2015 7:18am
back in the day that is exactly what Honda would do...........just write the check and buy the wins!!
h&m_cycle
8/21/2015 7:39am
his first mentor Everts is taking over Suzuki Wink
Ken Roczen Lives in both Southern California & Florida... After getting a taste of this life, you really think he's going
back over there? Would you? I've been to a few countries over there, I'm sure Kenny likes the sun...
KazFu
8/21/2015 8:35am
He could ride a Honda with KYB.

8/21/2015 11:35am Edited Date/Time 8/21/2015 11:37am
his first mentor Everts is taking over Suzuki Wink
h&m_cycle wrote:
Ken Roczen Lives in both Southern California & Florida... After getting a taste of this life, you really think he's going back over there? Would you...
Ken Roczen Lives in both Southern California & Florida... After getting a taste of this life, you really think he's going
back over there? Would you? I've been to a few countries over there, I'm sure Kenny likes the sun...
hahahah really ? he went there to be succesfull , to win championships ...he left his family , friends everything for that and you dont think he is coming back when he thinks it isnt going to work for him just because of the sun ? lot of countries overhere with similar climates as Florida or California ... i think if this turns out bad , he could come back and try to win the MXGP ... would be nice to have all 4 championships on youre resume , dont you think ? Laughing

there were also rumours about a MXGP Honda team that were really interested in Kenny

Post a reply to: Who could KR even ride for?

The Latest