Who Would Win A Current Superbikers Event?

Zoom
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2015 12:12pm
If they brought back the same format as they used back in the 70's and 80's. You know, part motocross track, part flat track and part road race track. Not Supermoto as we know it today.

Here are a few of the top racers from each discipline.

Rossi
Marquez
Villopoto
Herrlings
Dungey
Jake Johnson
Milsaps
Josh Hayes

Who would win it?

I grew up with Steve Wise and he would have to be considered the greatest versatile rider of all time. Two wins and a second at the made for TV Superbikes event at Carlsbad. I have been around Colin Edwards since he was racing motocross on minibikes. Colin is a two time World Superbike Champion and is still very fast on a motocross track. Colin might be the modern day version of Steve Wise.

Thoughts...
|
ktm300hater
2/24/2015 8:19am
I'd love to see that come back. Edwards would definitely be a threat for a win. Id also have to give a nod to Pastrana if he wanted to race it.
Randy Savage
2/24/2015 8:20am
Rossi or Marquez would have the moto guys covered. Have you seen Rossi's Ranch? Reed and JT$ hve ridden it... perhaps Jason Thomas can vouch for that place, and Vale's skillset.

The Shop

Atmos
2/24/2015 8:21am
I'd say one of the Hayden brothers would do good.
ATKpilot99
2/24/2015 8:21am
I bet Jeff Ward could still run up front at one of those races.
mgifracing
Fantasy
357th
2/24/2015 8:30am
From the moto side of things I think RV would do good, From the USA roadrace front I'd take Cameron Beaubier, Throw in Hammering Henry Wiles from the dirttrack side. He is a beast at Peoria, I know first hand how bad ass he is there.
dl117
Fantasy
2587th
2/24/2015 8:40am
Those were such coo races t watch when I was a kid, that would be cool to bring back, but you know damb right the teams would not let a rider do it because of possible injury.
robkinuk
2/24/2015 8:42am
Stefan Everts would be running in the front pack if he ever came out of retirement.
2/24/2015 8:59am
I'd have to argue that Supermoto guys like Mauno Hermunen and Thomas Chareyre would put in excellent performances and could/would win it. Most top Supermoto guys have strong motocross backgrounds and have good skills on the dirt, I'm not sure why you didn't include any in your original post.

The motocross guys are the least likely to win in my opinion, they're just not used to riding on dirt on anything other than motocross tyres and they have little to no tarmac experience.
Rowlands
2/24/2015 9:23am
Marquez would win, I see alpinestars posting up videos of him doing different disciplines and he is pretty good at all of them haha, having said that I haven't seen any of the other moto gp guys try off-road stuff. But Marc has some serious natural talent
philG
2/24/2015 9:24am
Romain Febrve.... beat Mauno Hermunen last year at Mettet, nobody else gets close.
keinz
2/24/2015 9:27am
JMB
DonM
2/24/2015 9:28am
I'd have to argue that Supermoto guys like Mauno Hermunen and Thomas Chareyre would put in excellent performances and could/would win it. Most top Supermoto guys...
I'd have to argue that Supermoto guys like Mauno Hermunen and Thomas Chareyre would put in excellent performances and could/would win it. Most top Supermoto guys have strong motocross backgrounds and have good skills on the dirt, I'm not sure why you didn't include any in your original post.

The motocross guys are the least likely to win in my opinion, they're just not used to riding on dirt on anything other than motocross tyres and they have little to no tarmac experience.
That's what they said in the 80's about the MX guys.....and they dominated.
RY4N37
2/24/2015 9:33am Edited Date/Time 2/24/2015 9:40am
Yep. Romain Febvre wins it hands down. Without doubt.

Who would finish second is anyone's guess, Marquez would be pretty good. Jonathan Rea would be decent at that sort of thing too, and Scott Redding

Good thread. There actually is a Superbiker event at Mettet in Belgium. Romian Febvre has won it several times beating multiple supermoto world champions in the process. Everts was very good at it too, also Pichon and Tortelli
2/24/2015 9:33am
I'd have to argue that Supermoto guys like Mauno Hermunen and Thomas Chareyre would put in excellent performances and could/would win it. Most top Supermoto guys...

DonM wrote:
That was before Supermoto really got going, if it even existed back then. Honestly the Superbiker event just seems like a fast Supermoto track, the flat track aspect of it doesn't seem to really make much difference or be setup like a proper flat track course, it's just a flat dirt turn.
TeamGreen
2/24/2015 9:44am
Short & Anderson might surprise some of you...
DonM
2/24/2015 9:51am

DonM wrote:
That was before Supermoto really got going, if it even existed back then. Honestly the Superbiker event just seems like a fast Supermoto track, the flat...
That was before Supermoto really got going, if it even existed back then. Honestly the Superbiker event just seems like a fast Supermoto track, the flat track aspect of it doesn't seem to really make much difference or be setup like a proper flat track course, it's just a flat dirt turn.
Where do you think the SuperMoto idea came from?
cable
2/24/2015 9:54am
Henry wiles. dude has won the 450A class locally at red bud. good motocrosser. He has road raced. Unreal on the ice, and is a current dirt tracker winning the last 10 straight Peoria TT.
Darryl916
2/24/2015 10:19am
Never seen or heard of "Suprbikers" before. Thanks for the education!
philG
2/24/2015 10:40am
I am sure that anyone wanting to try can contact www.superbiker.com and try their hand, the organisors have been very keen in the past to attract US riders.
Bruce372
2/24/2015 10:51am
Troy Bayliss
King Carl fogarty was a top junior mx rider.
Jonny Rea
Neil hodgson
2/24/2015 10:52am
I'm biased, but I think it's easier for moto guys to adapt to flat track and road race obstacles than it is for the other guys to adapt to moto.

Cygnus
2/24/2015 10:54am
This is for sure. I made it to the pro expert level in all aspects of motorcycle racing except Moto. B was as far as I got.
Hut
2/24/2015 10:57am
Top 3- RV, Stewart, Reed maybe...
2/24/2015 11:16am
TripleFive wrote:
I'm biased, but I think it's easier for moto guys to adapt to flat track and road race obstacles than it is for the other guys...
I'm biased, but I think it's easier for moto guys to adapt to flat track and road race obstacles than it is for the other guys to adapt to moto.

The thing is, most of the road race guys already ride motocross and flat track in their spare time. Take Marquez for example, not bad at motocross and pretty damn good at flat track. Don't forget that the motocross guys have no experience riding offroad on the the type of tyres that would be used for a superbiker type event.

Post a reply to: Who Would Win A Current Superbikers Event?

The Latest