h&m_cycle
Edited Date/Time 2/15/2015 8:40pm
was a police report filed?

|
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/14/2015 9:21pm
Much like A1, the whoops were not huge here. Next week? We'll see.
Crush
2/14/2015 10:46pm
Would have rarheted seen one long set.... The break in the middle was just a reset...

Walls too. 20mins plus two laps and stop the silly features
RangerLee
2/15/2015 3:23am
51 second lap times with TWO walls put in... we would have been looking like an arenacross race if they went with out the silly features Smile
Crush
2/15/2015 3:30am
RangerLee wrote:
51 second lap times with TWO walls put in... we would have been looking like an arenacross race if they went with out the silly features...
51 second lap times with TWO walls put in... we would have been looking like an arenacross race if they went with out the silly features Smile
I think they just have to deal with it and make a smarter move... 450s go really really really fast around a track where acceleration is key... They've been adding obstacles and using track designs that either sacrifice passing areas OR laptimes... Just make great tracks, and go to 20 mins plus 2 laps for 450, 15+2 for lites. I mean sheesh, they made the heat races 6 laps, how long are the big guys on track for for your ticket price?

The Shop

dirtdog36
2/15/2015 12:39pm
RangerLee wrote:
51 second lap times with TWO walls put in... we would have been looking like an arenacross race if they went with out the silly features...
I agree

A big stadium. more floor than some baseball fields and we get the shortest lap times of the season!!! WTF
philG
2/15/2015 2:17pm
Every week somebody posts a picture of huge whoops... and every week they are always the same.
Crush
2/15/2015 2:25pm
philG wrote:
Every week somebody posts a picture of huge whoops... and every week they are always the same.
Makes me sad.

I wanna see early 2000 whoops, right out of a turn, long lane of them, so big and so far apart that only a few guys can blitz them...
philG
2/15/2015 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 2/15/2015 2:42pm
philG wrote:
Crush wrote:
Makes me sad. I wanna see early 2000 whoops, right out of a turn, long lane of them, so big and so far apart that only...
Makes me sad.

I wanna see early 2000 whoops, right out of a turn, long lane of them, so big and so far apart that only a few guys can blitz them...
I dont see many folks go down in the whoops these days, but yeah, make them a bit less predicatable. I loved the turn at the end of the start straight, made passing chances without the need to make contact.
iBobbyb
2/15/2015 3:34pm
i dont know if its the tracks or the bikes. but its definitely too easy or some shit. and the fact that everyones the same speed is my reasoning for that. you could say the talents just that deep now. but then you have a track like Toronto last year. and it separated the men from the boys. or the one where chad won. a2? idk. those tracks were challenging and had sections only the best of the best could do. much like they were back in the day, when there were only 1 or 2 guys that could win.

so did everyone really just catch up in talent? or are the tracks just to basic and everyone can do everything. or maybe its the bikes.
Grizz
2/15/2015 3:38pm
philG wrote:
Exactly, because they always are big.
resetjet
2/15/2015 4:07pm
I made a post on the last thread. That picture is an optical illusion the bright tops and and dark faces may them look really tall and square. I think if you would see a side shot, it would look more sine wave like. Dont get me wrong, they are still big, but not like that picture looks.
RangerLee
2/15/2015 5:13pm
iBobbyb wrote:
i dont know if its the tracks or the bikes. but its definitely too easy or some shit. and the fact that everyones the same speed...
i dont know if its the tracks or the bikes. but its definitely too easy or some shit. and the fact that everyones the same speed is my reasoning for that. you could say the talents just that deep now. but then you have a track like Toronto last year. and it separated the men from the boys. or the one where chad won. a2? idk. those tracks were challenging and had sections only the best of the best could do. much like they were back in the day, when there were only 1 or 2 guys that could win.

so did everyone really just catch up in talent? or are the tracks just to basic and everyone can do everything. or maybe its the bikes.
So many people were getting hurt going down on the whoops, so I am fine with them not being unpredictable, they are already tough. My understanding is the minimum height of the whoops at every SX is 4ft, that is plenty high.
h&m_cycle
2/15/2015 6:02pm
iBobbyb wrote:
i dont know if its the tracks or the bikes. but its definitely too easy or some shit. and the fact that everyones the same speed...

RangerLee wrote:
So many people were getting hurt going down on the whoops, so I am fine with them not being unpredictable, they are already tough. My understanding...
So many people were getting hurt going down on the whoops, so I am fine with them not being unpredictable, they are already tough. My understanding is the minimum height of the whoops at every SX is 4ft, that is plenty high.
your saying 4 feet high when? see photo below, I am 5 foot 9 & half inches tall, MY knees are 22 inches high

these whoops are @ the most 2 feet tall. coming to knee high... maybe 26 inches max,

Crush
2/15/2015 6:07pm
They're not 4 feet... No way.... That's well over a metre, waist height for most people, that's almost a single in a lot of rhythm sections...
jhansen510
Fantasy
3595th
2/15/2015 8:12pm
iBobbyb wrote:

RangerLee wrote:
So many people were getting hurt going down on the whoops, so I am fine with them not being unpredictable, they are already tough. My understanding...
You heard wrong!
hvaughn88
2/15/2015 8:17pm
RangerLee wrote:
dirtdog36 wrote:
I agree

A big stadium. more floor than some baseball fields and we get the shortest lap times of the season!!! WTF
I was casually talking to a track worker and he made the comment that the actual floor space at Arlington isn't really that big. He said everyone thinks it's huge because how enormous the stadium is, but that's actually not the case. I don't know how accurate that info is but just thought I'd pass it along
PJ205
2/15/2015 8:17pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
your saying 4 feet high when? see photo below, I am 5 foot 9 & half inches tall, MY knees are 22 inches high these whoops...
your saying 4 feet high when? see photo below, I am 5 foot 9 & half inches tall, MY knees are 22 inches high

these whoops are @ the most 2 feet tall. coming to knee high... maybe 26 inches max,

Those are some stupidly large whoops that the average human being couldn't get through. Actually, professional moto riders even have serious issues navigating them... Regardless, I would not be excited to race on any track with whoops of that magnitude.
gharmon
2/15/2015 8:22pm
Hey maybe he meant 4ft with the standard base 2ft of dirt all around the track. LOL
Rooster
2/15/2015 8:40pm
When I walked the track in Vegas one year the whoops were easily waist to chest high on me (5'10").

They're much bigger than they look when you get down to floor level and stand between them. The arenacross whoops I used to race on were maybe 2' tall and they were enough of challenge to me.

Post a reply to: Who Stole these Whoops?

The Latest