While no one is looking, Dungey is quietly going to get 4th on the all times wins list!

rcm406
3/28/2015 9:34pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2015 12:17pm
By the end of the year! Moving ahead of Reed and RV! I have to say, I didn't see that coming!
|
rcm406
3/28/2015 9:41pm
Actually he already passed Reed!Wink

It's hard to believe that after Dungey calls it a career, his numbers might look better than RVs!Shocked
adastramx
3/28/2015 9:46pm
By the end of the year? Are you drunk?
rcm406
3/28/2015 9:55pm
adastramx wrote:
By the end of the year? Are you drunk?
No why?

RC 150
JS 98
MC 89
RV 72
BH 64
RJ 61
RD 58
JW 56
CR 55
adastramx
3/28/2015 10:00pm
Including outdoors, ok, yep.

The Shop

Falcon
Fantasy
765th
3/28/2015 10:05pm
Don't give him all the national wins just yet. KROC is coming back, you know. And Eli looks like he's going to put a serious dent in Dungey's win column too.
rcm406
3/28/2015 10:16pm
Yep he probably won't pass RV this year, but definitely next year. The impressive thing is, Dungey just turned 25 yrs old.
chillrich
3/28/2015 10:24pm
I am NOT a fan but...... which of the guys ahead of "Diesel" have had so many seasons without injury? When was the last time this guy was hurt, let alone a season ending or impacting injury?
moto0852
3/28/2015 10:26pm
chillrich wrote:
I am NOT a fan but...... which of the guys ahead of "Diesel" have had so many seasons without injury? When was the last time this...
I am NOT a fan but...... which of the guys ahead of "Diesel" have had so many seasons without injury? When was the last time this guy was hurt, let alone a season ending or impacting injury?
It's absolutely a key to winning championships...I've always said the ability to stay off the ground was one of the least appreciated talents of MC.
brimx153
3/28/2015 10:37pm
when all is said and done , RD will be 2 nd all time in win s .ive said this for year s ,as he will stay going at this sport till a long age ,because he loves what he is doing. it is only this yr he is getting the respect he deserved .and in 20 yrs time people will remember him more than rv
moto0852
3/28/2015 10:45pm
brimx153 wrote:
when all is said and done , RD will be 2 nd all time in win s .ive said this for year s ,as he will...
when all is said and done , RD will be 2 nd all time in win s .ive said this for year s ,as he will stay going at this sport till a long age ,because he loves what he is doing. it is only this yr he is getting the respect he deserved .and in 20 yrs time people will remember him more than rv
Well what is he 25? Let's say he races until age 30? Give him what...4 wins a year between SX and Mx (that's not too much I think).
It puts him right under MC in all time wins and above RV (although I think to be fair you've got to count RVs wins this year in MXGP)
brimx153
3/28/2015 10:55pm
brimx153 wrote:
when all is said and done , RD will be 2 nd all time in win s .ive said this for year s ,as he will...
moto0852 wrote:
Well what is he 25? Let's say he races until age 30? Give him what...4 wins a year between SX and Mx (that's not too much...
Well what is he 25? Let's say he races until age 30? Give him what...4 wins a year between SX and Mx (that's not too much I think).
It puts him right under MC in all time wins and above RV (although I think to be fair you've got to count RVs wins this year in MXGP)
you only think he ll race till 30 ???? i can see him go till 34 handy . he already has way more wins than RV outdoors . i dont think he will get to MC indoors , but could he get RC wins nub outdoors , i think yea . if he goes till 33
moto0852
3/28/2015 11:00pm
brimx153 wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
Well what is he 25? Let's say he races until age 30? Give him what...4 wins a year between SX and Mx (that's not too much...
brimx153 wrote:
you only think he ll race till 30 ???? i can see him go till 34 handy . he already has way more wins than RV...
you only think he ll race till 30 ???? i can see him go till 34 handy . he already has way more wins than RV outdoors . i dont think he will get to MC indoors , but could he get RC wins nub outdoors , i think yea . if he goes till 33
No one get's to MC's indoor record! I don't know. Reed's what 33? I think that's a long time to be at this level or competition. It does seem like the pendulum is swinging back to riders staying at it longer. Remember the 80's. If you made it to 27 you were the old man.
Crush
3/29/2015 12:00am
chillrich wrote:
I am NOT a fan but...... which of the guys ahead of "Diesel" have had so many seasons without injury? When was the last time this...
moto0852 wrote:
It's absolutely a key to winning championships...I've always said the ability to stay off the ground was one of the least appreciated talents of MC.
He did his collarbone in 13, missed one or two SX races
Outsider
3/29/2015 12:17am
*yawn.. WoohooTongue
3/29/2015 3:51am
There is no way you can put dungey in the same talent pool as MC, RC, JS or RV. I know the numbers do the talking but he is just not at that level, and i dont think hes going to reach it.
oldrider
3/29/2015 4:25am
JS is out, Roczen Out, Dungey Out, Reed old, RV out to MXGP,....Dungey has not the best of competition this year, SX is getting boring
ATKpilot99
3/29/2015 5:17am
Outsider wrote:
*yawn.. WoohooTongue
Was that asterisk to highlight your point , or did a mischievous mod add it ??? Wink
crusty_xx
Fantasy
207th
3/29/2015 5:22am
oldrider wrote:
JS is out, Roczen Out, Dungey Out, Reed old, RV out to MXGP,....Dungey has not the best of competition this year, SX is getting boring
hm yeah dungey is out, man it must have been hard for Dungey to race Dungey this year. I can't even remember the last time Dungey beat Dungey straight up
newmann
3/29/2015 5:44am
chillrich wrote:
LMAO. So, what you are saying is that no one else can run Dungeys pace without eating shit. Got it. Poor f'n Carmichael though. All that hard work for nothing. Damn him for getting to the top of the all time win list with as few injuries and missed races as possible. He did it all wrong.
Huevos
3/29/2015 7:44am
oldrider wrote:
crusty_xx wrote:
hm yeah dungey is out, man it must have been hard for Dungey to race Dungey this year. I can't even remember the last time Dungey...
hm yeah dungey is out, man it must have been hard for Dungey to race Dungey this year. I can't even remember the last time Dungey beat Dungey straight up
Laughing

But still, that argument is getting old. James, although exciting to see on the track, hasn't been consistent enough to be a title threat in 3-4 years. Dungey was beating Roczen before Roczen crashed himself out multiple times this season. He typically starts very strong, then struggles in the mid season. No different this season, even before the crashes started accumulating. Reed old? Reed DID win two races last year against RV, Bubba, Dungey, Canard, Roczen, etc. Now all of a sudden he's too old to be considered a real competitor? Right. RV is just about the only rider that I think made a huge difference with being absent this season, but with the way Dungey's riding right now I truly think it would be a closer series than most think. Dungey has been on the podium every single race since rd. 2, and finished 4th at rd. 1. Canard consistently demonstrated that he had the speed to beat Dungey, yet hadn't been able to put it all together like Dungey on a regular basis, prior to wrecking himself again.

When will people see Dungey for what he is? A fast and lethally consistent competitor, that has already proven this by winning multiple championships. Just look at his win record. You don't "luck" into that many wins and championships. The dude is a genuine bad ass.
426Hemi
Fantasy
2729th
3/29/2015 8:06am
Laughable to watch people continue to downplay his achievements as he moves into the top ten all time in wins
machine
3/29/2015 8:14am
He would have more wins if he wouldn't have had to deal with the 2011-2013 KTM's..imo
newmann
3/29/2015 8:16am
What is really funny is that many of the Dungey bashers still line up to polish JLaws balls. All Dungey needs to do to win over a whole new group of fantards is to start smoking, dipping, flipping(rental cars), tripping(on someones head with a socket in a sock) ,nipping (at another mans ear) and wagging his weiner at DeCoster through a hole in the ceiling of the KTM semi. But I don't see Dungey doing much of that while there are still races and championships to be won.

Until then, you boys better head on down to the Burger King and catch up with your hero. Lots of work to be done...

7warpig7
3/29/2015 8:19am
Just love all the predictions of the future. How many riders in the history of the sport have won a race beyond 30? But according to some in this thread... Dungey is gonna . He's gonna be one of the top guys for the next 5 years even though only about 5 guys in the history of the sport have been able to do that.

People get hurt. Dungey couldn't hold Ricky Johnsons jock strap but Johnson got hurt and his juggernaut of winning came to a quick end. Same story with Hannah and lots of other great riders. Top guys get hurt every year and lots of times it has nothing to do with their skill, just bad luck. They come back but they are never the same.

Is it possible Dungey makes it through unhurt and he keeps winning? Sure, he's great. Is it likely? Hell no, he's got looooooooong odds stacked against him.
newmann
3/29/2015 8:22am
LMAO Laughing Almost forgot about this one!

DemoDick
3/29/2015 8:24am Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 8:25am
Can one of the vital statisticians tell us by how many points did RV bear RD for titles the years that raced together?
newmann
3/29/2015 8:29am
If Dungey was doing pushups in Riverside County jail, would Swap interview him for the Transworld fanboys? He could photograph the centerfold bikini girl while he was there!

3/29/2015 8:38am
newmann wrote:
If Dungey was doing pushups in Riverside County jail, would Swap interview him for the Transworld fanboys? He could photograph the centerfold bikini girl while he...
If Dungey was doing pushups in Riverside County jail, would Swap interview him for the Transworld fanboys? He could photograph the centerfold bikini girl while he was there!

HAHAHAHA. I was always told a girl with an ankle bracelet was code for "She Fucks"

This one must charge!
Outsider
3/29/2015 8:39am
Outsider wrote:
*yawn.. WoohooTongue
ATKpilot99 wrote:
Was that asterisk to highlight your point , or did a mischievous mod add it ??? Wink
You can be the judge, but for the record. I did not type thatSmile
3/29/2015 8:39am
Yea he should definitely get a "Didn't get hurt very much" asterisk. Everyone knows it isn't fair unless you crash and get hurt as often as the other guys.

If everyone else keeps crashing out he could rack up a ton of wins at the end of the season for a lot of years.

Post a reply to: While no one is looking, Dungey is quietly going to get 4th on the all times wins list!

The Latest