Which track (other than Glen Helen) favor RV the most?

Bineano
Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 3:25pm
So the odds have probably changed about Villo going 1-1 at Lommel or Valkenswaard, but what other tracks would suit his style most? As he gets things sorted out, there must be tracks or conditions that would give him an advantage... Maybe lots of jumps, or high temperatures (like Thailand was). Maggiora maybe? And is Assen, Holland another sand track as well?

So far, the racing has been fantastic! The soil at the Argentina round looked PERFECT, holy chit!
|
Zracer
3/29/2015 9:33pm
Not Maggi Tonys backyard..,No berms, and slick.
3/29/2015 10:03pm
Not Uddevalla, rock quarry, hard, slick and it will rain all 4th of July weekend there.That's tradional!
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
3/29/2015 10:51pm
I thought that Argentina track was gonna fit him pretty good but...
Maybe something like matterly Basin, maybe kegums and loket as well
zehn
3/29/2015 10:53pm
Definitely Kegums and Mat Basin

The Shop

Johan905
3/30/2015 12:22am
Matterly basin.. he did good there 2006
RY4N37
3/30/2015 1:22am
I think 2 of them have gone. Thailand definitely suited him, and I thought Argentina would too. The ones that jump out now as probably suiting him would be Matterley Basin, Kegums and maybe Mexico.
3/30/2015 2:50am
Johan905 wrote:
Matterly basin.. he did good there 2006
I agree Matterly , but since when does he need a track to 'suit him'?

He's one of the world's best riders, deep into his career. He can race and win on any surface. Argentina was the most level playing field yet, a new track and location for everyone. In the Americas, even. All that happened was another timely reminder that not all the worlds top riders are from the USA. Stop fighting it, accept and enjoy.

'Poto will win GP races again this year. Just not all of them.

jamma10
3/30/2015 3:03am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 3:06am
Matterly Basin is the closest thing the GPs have to a US Outdoor track and I will be surprised if he doesn't go 1-1 there.

The three tracks, or track surfaces to be more accurate, I always thought he would find the trickiest to get to grips with are Arco di Trento (next GP), Uddevalla and Lommel.
3/30/2015 4:27am
jamma10 wrote:
Matterly Basin is the closest thing the GPs have to a US Outdoor track and I will be surprised if he doesn't go 1-1 there. The...
Matterly Basin is the closest thing the GPs have to a US Outdoor track and I will be surprised if he doesn't go 1-1 there.

The three tracks, or track surfaces to be more accurate, I always thought he would find the trickiest to get to grips with are Arco di Trento (next GP), Uddevalla and Lommel.
agree about matterly- he's raced there before and did pretty well (mxdn 2006) so no reason to believe that he wont do well there again! its not one of cairoils best tracks either.. its going to be interesting to see when they get back to the traditional European tracks.
Sideways
3/30/2015 5:04am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 5:05am
agree about matterly- he's raced there before and did pretty well (mxdn 2006) so no reason to believe that he wont do well there again! its...
agree about matterly- he's raced there before and did pretty well (mxdn 2006) so no reason to believe that he wont do well there again! its not one of cairoils best tracks either.. its going to be interesting to see when they get back to the traditional European tracks.
Even though its not Cairolis best track. He did pretty good against RV last time the raced each other there. (both on mx2 bikes)

Great race btw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0CWQwNIQ8Y

How do post the youtube vids directly in the thread?
Jefro98
3/30/2015 5:06am
jamma10 wrote:
Matterly Basin is the closest thing the GPs have to a US Outdoor track and I will be surprised if he doesn't go 1-1 there. The...

You might want to ad Teutschenthal to that list too.
h&m_cycle
3/30/2015 5:09am
agree about matterly- he's raced there before and did pretty well (mxdn 2006) so no reason to believe that he wont do well there again! its...
Sideways wrote:
Even though its not Cairolis best track. He did pretty good against RV last time the raced each other there. (both on mx2 bikes) Great race...
Even though its not Cairolis best track. He did pretty good against RV last time the raced each other there. (both on mx2 bikes)

Great race btw

rangot
3/30/2015 5:09am
Arco di Trento will be a real test, with such shitty traction.
Flip109
3/30/2015 5:11am
I thought Argentina was perfect for him. Apparently it was perfect for ole max instead! haha
3/30/2015 6:08am
RY4N37 wrote:
I think 2 of them have gone. Thailand definitely suited him, and I thought Argentina would too. The ones that jump out now as probably suiting...
I think 2 of them have gone. Thailand definitely suited him, and I thought Argentina would too. The ones that jump out now as probably suiting him would be Matterley Basin, Kegums and maybe Mexico.
I assume Thailand suited him because of the hellacious heat and lack of track prep.

I thought Argentina was going to be an RV show just based on that gopro video floating around.

AC Is incredible on a 350. I can't beleive his competitiveness. Well I can, but he proves 450s aren't needed to race the profesional pace.
Bineano
3/30/2015 8:04am
Zracer wrote:
Not Maggi Tonys backyard..,No berms, and slick.
Wasn't Maggiora closed until just recently? Did Tony even get to put in a billion laps there growing up?
Mit12
3/30/2015 8:10am
Its not the tracks.
RY4N37
3/30/2015 9:01am
RY4N37 wrote:
I think 2 of them have gone. Thailand definitely suited him, and I thought Argentina would too. The ones that jump out now as probably suiting...
I assume Thailand suited him because of the hellacious heat and lack of track prep. I thought Argentina was going to be an RV show just...
I assume Thailand suited him because of the hellacious heat and lack of track prep.

I thought Argentina was going to be an RV show just based on that gopro video floating around.

AC Is incredible on a 350. I can't beleive his competitiveness. Well I can, but he proves 450s aren't needed to race the profesional pace.
The heat was probably the main reason it suited RV in Thailand, but also that it was a lot jumpier than most GP riders are used to.

My initial thought when I saw the track in Argentina was that it was like an AMA national track. I thought it would suit RV, and in fairness it did. 4th overall is not a bad result, it's just not what he needs.

Cairoli has proved year after year just how competitive that 350 is. It amazes me that no-one in America rides one
TDeath21
3/30/2015 10:14am
Any track he has seen before.
3/30/2015 11:36am
RY4N37 wrote:
The heat was probably the main reason it suited RV in Thailand, but also that it was a lot jumpier than most GP riders are used...
The heat was probably the main reason it suited RV in Thailand, but also that it was a lot jumpier than most GP riders are used to.

My initial thought when I saw the track in Argentina was that it was like an AMA national track. I thought it would suit RV, and in fairness it did. 4th overall is not a bad result, it's just not what he needs.

Cairoli has proved year after year just how competitive that 350 is. It amazes me that no-one in America rides one
"Cairoli has proved year after year just how competitive that 350 is. It amazes me that no-one in America rides one"

It's a great bike and a great fit for Tony, I agree. But even he (AC) said that if he ever went to America, then he would have to ride a 450 to be competitive due to the difference in tracks.

Joining in with the overall chorus... Matterley Basin... by a mile. I expect him to go 1 - 1 there. And as others have said Kegums and Mexico too maybe. And actually depending on how the track conditions are, Valkenswaard may be quite good for him too. Not utterly dissimilar to Southwick from what Iv'e read??

In regards to Trentino; I would think that he'd have a hard time on that circuit but you just never know, MX is weird. Perhaps something about the track will just click and he'll surprise a few people - including myself. But as of now I don't think it'll be a good race for him (by his very high standards I mean). I think he'll at least be on or very close to the podium on all the tracks, bar perhaps Lommel. But in regards to winning outright, that's harder to predict until we know more.
3/30/2015 11:57am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 11:58am
Sideways wrote:
Even though its not Cairolis best track. He did pretty good against RV last time the raced each other there. (both on mx2 bikes) Great race...

Great race btw

Whilst on youtube, click "share" (located just under any vid) and then "Embed". Right click and copy on the blue highlighted data that appears. Come to vitalmx and locate "video" - which is found directly above where you type in a post. Click on it and a box will appear. Paste the data into the that box, click OK and once you submit the post your vid will appear.
3/30/2015 2:47pm
Bineano wrote:
Wasn't Maggiora closed until just recently? Did Tony even get to put in a billion laps there growing up?
MXGPs have returned to Maggiora only since 2013. And it has never been Antonio's home test track.
Zracer
3/30/2015 2:52pm
Bineano wrote:
MXGPs have returned to Maggiora only since 2013. And it has never been Antonio's home test track.
He knows the track very well, and his results there back it up.
philG
3/30/2015 3:25pm
Matterley for sure, assuming he has his set up sorted.

And its not a mudder.

Post a reply to: Which track (other than Glen Helen) favor RV the most?

The Latest