Which matters to you more?

MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
Simply put, which series ranks higher in your opinion, SX or Outdoors? Say FELD/AMA comes out and decides to abolish one series entirely and it's left to us to vote on which one we want to keep. Which series gets your vote and why?
|
TXDirt
2/10/2017 7:15am
MX Guy wrote:
Simply put, which series ranks higher in your opinion, SX or Outdoors? Say FELD/AMA comes out and decides to abolish one series entirely and it's left...
Simply put, which series ranks higher in your opinion, SX or Outdoors? Say FELD/AMA comes out and decides to abolish one series entirely and it's left to us to vote on which one we want to keep. Which series gets your vote and why?
I think the vast majority on here would say keep MX. It has history and is the grass roots of the sport.

The folks with the 5 minute attention spans, and those that wear a flat billed hat with their ears tucked in would probably say SX!
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
2/10/2017 7:18am
MX Guy wrote:
Simply put, which series ranks higher in your opinion, SX or Outdoors? Say FELD/AMA comes out and decides to abolish one series entirely and it's left...
TXDirt wrote:
I think the vast majority on here would say keep MX. It has history and is the grass roots of the sport. The folks with the...
I think the vast majority on here would say keep MX. It has history and is the grass roots of the sport.

The folks with the 5 minute attention spans, and those that wear a flat billed hat with their ears tucked in would probably say SX!
What if I say SX because f*ck spectating at glen helen when Angel stadium is not all that bad?
flymoto
2/10/2017 7:19am
Keep MX. Its the sport I fell in love with. I think the majority will have the same answer
Frodad78
2/10/2017 7:23am
I think for the average rider/race its MX all the way, at least thats how it is for me. One of my favorite parts of attending a national is hiking all over the place and viewing the lines and action from different parts of the track. I've been to Unadilla, Broome and Southwick, sit for a while and then march on to a new spot. I could see how this could be tough for some folks, so.

The Shop

hvaughn88
2/10/2017 7:29am
MX Guy wrote:
TXDirt wrote:
I think the vast majority on here would say keep MX. It has history and is the grass roots of the sport. The folks with the...

That's about as far from a description of me as you can get, and I would pick supercross.
Dtat720
2/10/2017 7:32am
Since Feld has nothing to do with outdoors.... they can abolish sx.
RbR
2/10/2017 7:33am
MX all the way.
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
2/10/2017 7:38am
Dtat720 wrote:
Since Feld has nothing to do with outdoors.... they can abolish sx.
Fixed
2/10/2017 7:42am
MX Guy wrote:
Mx is the sport SUPERCROSS just pays for it.

This is her fault for letting a circus literally run our sport. It's a tossup who could possibly be more incompetent in existence of man, the AMA or FELD?
#RacersUnionNow
cameron96
2/10/2017 7:44am
I never would have watch a motocross race if I hadn't of started watching supercross first

SX is gonna win for me
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
2/10/2017 7:46am
Frodad78 wrote:
I think for the average rider/race its MX all the way, at least thats how it is for me. One of my favorite parts of attending...
I think for the average rider/race its MX all the way, at least thats how it is for me. One of my favorite parts of attending a national is hiking all over the place and viewing the lines and action from different parts of the track. I've been to Unadilla, Broome and Southwick, sit for a while and then march on to a new spot. I could see how this could be tough for some folks, so.
If you ever go to Glen Helen you will not be surprised to hear a Californian fan say they'd have SX stick around over outdoors Dizzy

I say it's fair. I'm a "die hard" but SX is more entertainment with typically closer racing and a more comfortable viewing situation for a bigger percentage of fans. To lose Glen Helen or hangtown but gain another one-off stadium race or something different doesn't seem as blasphemous to me as you all will likely make it.
Mx286
2/10/2017 7:58am
Hate to say it but SX is where it's at. Its more popular than MX.

Supercross is much easier to attend for most. For me I like it better because it's in a big city and stadium. I prefer that atmosphere, mainly because I don't get to experience that very often. Plus you don't have to sweat your ass off all day and you can see the entire track.

Trav138
2/10/2017 7:58am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2017 8:03am
Frodad78 wrote:
I think for the average rider/race its MX all the way, at least thats how it is for me. One of my favorite parts of attending...
I feel the same, buts its getting more difficult to do these things at some nationals. The repeater banners, vip sections, fencing further away, its not the 90's anymore lol. I still love going, its just different. Also i understand it all and the whole tv deal, it just sucks when you're there and all you can see is the riders head and shoulders.

Edit* i would pick mx over sx. I used to hit Indy all the time, but its been a few years since i attended a supercross
Skidaddle
2/10/2017 7:59am
We went to 2 outdoors last year for 2 stroke Stankdog.

No smoke no go. SX isnt bad because its not miserable to watch.
I'm not going to be miserable to watch 4 strokes.

Id rather go watch the Supermini class at a local track.
SVT-Cobra
2/10/2017 8:11am
I'd say keep supercross, make it a little more motocross styled tracks. There just isn't similar viewership or money in motocross, even though I like it more.
MR. X
2/10/2017 8:12am
MX ,I can relate to a MX track even though I'll never go close to the speed as a pro ,never in my lifetime could I spin laps on a SX track without dieing instantly.
kkawboy14
2/10/2017 8:15am Edited Date/Time 2/10/2017 9:00am
Black Lives Matter more!
NVA57
Fantasy
1560th
2/10/2017 8:25am
Outdoors.

Supercross gets too repetitive for me.

There's nothing better than to watch Herlings demolish a sand track, or watching Baggett hucking Larocco's Leap on a 250f (that year he was the only 250f doing it, 2012) or watching Tomac railing long outside berms.
KVDT
2/10/2017 8:26am
I loved riding supercross style tracks and it has always been my favorite to watch. I do love attending the Nationals but tv production just isn't as good as supercross. When I was younger I would stay up late during the summer for the off chance supercross would be on in the middle of the night. Bradshaw and chicken were rookies and I was hooked.
sdjeff
2/10/2017 8:31am
My answer depends on the time of year. Near the end of SX I just want to see MX. Near the end of MX I just want to see SX. It would suck to see either go. If I was forced I'd have to say keep SX since we can watch Canadian Nationals and MXGP for our outdoor fix.
ATKpilot99
2/10/2017 8:34am
I always have and always will prefer outdoor motocross so it matters more to me personally, but I recognize the fact that SX is where it's at as far as importance to sponsors and as far as general popularity. I hate to say it but it is the most coveted and prestigious title in the sport .
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
2/10/2017 8:39am
kkawboy14 wrote:
Black Lives Matter more!
The more, huh?
Jerkolantern
2/10/2017 8:42am
Nationals by a mile. It's more than an hour of 250 & 450 racing vs. Twenty minutes of huck it and chance death or don't and lose. Mx is for men, sx is for kids. I love mx, I like sx
mxb2
2/10/2017 8:46am
Skidaddle wrote:
We went to 2 outdoors last year for 2 stroke Stankdog. No smoke no go. SX isnt bad because its not miserable to watch. I'm not...
We went to 2 outdoors last year for 2 stroke Stankdog.

No smoke no go. SX isnt bad because its not miserable to watch.
I'm not going to be miserable to watch 4 strokes.

Id rather go watch the Supermini class at a local track.
You would rather watch lil Johnny , or the best riders in the world outdoors?Wink

Post a reply to: Which matters to you more?

The Latest