Where would reedy be without the black flag.

logan_140
Edited Date/Time 2/24/2015 5:21am
Seventh in points now seems to me he'd easily be top 5 and could still be in the title hunt.. 0 points really hurt him. Oh well go reedy and make a statement and screw you gallager
|
agn5009
2/22/2015 7:18am
He would be in the top 5. But realistically he wouldn't be in the title hunt. Even if reed would have got 1st place at the event he was black flagged (which he wouldn't have) he'd still be behind by roughly 40 points. Mathematically, yes still in the hunt. Realistically, no he wouldn't be.
Ing
2/22/2015 7:22am
He'd be a few grand richer although still WAY behind in points. Reed is an excellent rider/racer but don't think he's got the head on his shoulders RD does. Can you see RD pulling that kind of crap Reed did to Canard? I can't.
logan_140
2/22/2015 7:22am
agn5009 wrote:
He would be in the top 5. But realistically he wouldn't be in the title hunt. Even if reed would have got 1st place at the...
He would be in the top 5. But realistically he wouldn't be in the title hunt. Even if reed would have got 1st place at the event he was black flagged (which he wouldn't have) he'd still be behind by roughly 40 points. Mathematically, yes still in the hunt. Realistically, no he wouldn't be.
Never know. Dungey could have a bad night. Roczen has had 2 bad nights. And tomac always crashes. He got screwed.

The Shop

agn5009
2/22/2015 7:31am
agn5009 wrote:
He would be in the top 5. But realistically he wouldn't be in the title hunt. Even if reed would have got 1st place at the...
logan_140 wrote:
Never know. Dungey could have a bad night. Roczen has had 2 bad nights. And tomac always crashes. He got screwed.
Like I said, mathematically it's possible. Realistically, no. He would need to beat 4 other riders on a weekly basis and have dungey miss a few rounds. Reed dug himself into a hole at the beginning of the series. He can say he couldn't get his bike dialed in or whatever the excuse may be. Fact is, the other guys (RD, KR, ET & TC) Came prepared and dialed from the beginning. I like reed, and hope he can snag a few more wins this year but his championship hopes are very, very slim.
Gabriel J
2/22/2015 7:32am
I had that same thought at the end of the race...4th. And still realistically out of the race for the championship (at this point in the season).

No reason to play the "what if" game until the season wraps up, if at all. Let's say everything is turned upside down in the remaining rounds and Reed finished 2nd in points, 10 behind Dungey (just using his name because he's the current leader). Then the black flag would seem more pivotal. Until that happens, it's more a matter of the precedent that was set by the whole black flag incident.

Gabriel J
2/22/2015 7:35am
And one more thing. He may be out of championship contention, but it remains impressive that 32yo Reed is winning races with the stacked field that is racing today. Yes, JS and RV are not there, but he had beaten both of them last year.
2/22/2015 7:39am
The top 4 have a small points lead on everyone else. I think he would be in there somewhere

Its a shame because Chad always does well on the east coast
agn5009
2/22/2015 7:50am
Gabriel J wrote:
And one more thing. He may be out of championship contention, but it remains impressive that 32yo Reed is winning races with the stacked field that...
And one more thing. He may be out of championship contention, but it remains impressive that 32yo Reed is winning races with the stacked field that is racing today. Yes, JS and RV are not there, but he had beaten both of them last year.
Absolutely. It's very impressive. And it's even more impressive that he's able to do this while building a successful race team. I hope once reed is done he can build a championship winning team.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
2/22/2015 7:52am
logan_140 wrote:
Seventh in points now seems to me he'd easily be top 5 and could still be in the title hunt.. 0 points really hurt him. Oh...
Seventh in points now seems to me he'd easily be top 5 and could still be in the title hunt.. 0 points really hurt him. Oh well go reedy and make a statement and screw you gallager
Put yourself in the spot of having to make a decision on the penalty. What would it have been?
logan_140
2/22/2015 7:54am
logan_140 wrote:
Seventh in points now seems to me he'd easily be top 5 and could still be in the title hunt.. 0 points really hurt him. Oh...
GuyB wrote:
Put yourself in the spot of having to make a decision on the penalty. What would it have been?
Dock a few positions not black flag..
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/22/2015 7:55am
logan_140 wrote:
Still being in the championship hunt it a bit of a stretch. Not like he was going to win or even podium the night of the incident. I'd say at best he would be 4th in points, but still pretty far back championship wise.
moto0852
2/22/2015 7:57am
logan_140 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I think the correct answer consensus now is that the penalty could have been anything (even a disqualification) but wait...until after the race. Don't do it with a black flag. Once you lose the ability to appeal a call you change the game.
logan_140
2/22/2015 7:57am
logan_140 wrote:
GD2 wrote:
Still being in the championship hunt it a bit of a stretch. Not like he was going to win or even podium the night of the...
Still being in the championship hunt it a bit of a stretch. Not like he was going to win or even podium the night of the incident. I'd say at best he would be 4th in points, but still pretty far back championship wise.
Like I said though anything could happen. Roczen has crashed 2 times now. Tomac crashes just about every race. Dungey probably had this but I think reed could be battling for the top 4
logan_140
2/22/2015 7:58am
logan_140 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
moto0852 wrote:
I think the correct answer consensus now is that the penalty could have been anything (even a disqualification) but wait...until after the race. Don't do it...
I think the correct answer consensus now is that the penalty could have been anything (even a disqualification) but wait...until after the race. Don't do it with a black flag. Once you lose the ability to appeal a call you change the game.
Agree they didn't even review the call.
disbanded
Fantasy
1676th
2/22/2015 8:13am
Chad brought this upon himself by making a bullshit move
2/22/2015 8:17am
He has said multiple times that he still has lawyers working on the black flag thing. I have no idea what outcome he is seeking.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/22/2015 8:17am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 8:21am
logan_140 wrote:
GD2 wrote:
Still being in the championship hunt it a bit of a stretch. Not like he was going to win or even podium the night of the...
logan_140 wrote:
Like I said though anything could happen. Roczen has crashed 2 times now. Tomac crashes just about every race. Dungey probably had this but I think...
Like I said though anything could happen. Roczen has crashed 2 times now. Tomac crashes just about every race. Dungey probably had this but I think reed could be battling for the top 4
Anything can happen goes both ways. He could have not been black flagged but then had a huge crash etc. There's really no point to dwelling on it. He made a bad decision and paid a huge price for it. Oh well.

Roczen hasn't made a ton of mistakes but when he has they've been huge. Tomac is just making tons of small mistakes that are hurting him equally as much if not more.
GD2
Fantasy
1081st
2/22/2015 8:18am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 8:19am
He has said multiple times that he still has lawyers working on the black flag thing. I have no idea what outcome he is seeking.
Ehhh, I bet nothing will really come out of it. They can't really do anything except get the rule changed lol.
Hut
2/22/2015 8:21am
That is pretty much the moment I quit caring
2/22/2015 8:26am
logan_140 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
The black flag was the correct call. I bet Canard wishes he had the extra points he would have earned that night when Reed went full on nutsy and deliberately took him out.
Bultaco
2/22/2015 8:28am
Can't believe this subject is still a topic. But I'll contribute. After watching a video some posted here with Travis Pastrana racing SX in Australia with a much younger Reed, and seeing how much Reed went after Pastrana, I think Reed is just a bully. Used to kind of like the guy based on seeing him in the GPs.

As for Guy's question....I'd black flag Reed also.

Go watch Bailey/Johnson Anaheim 86 for a way to race. "I'll run over your feet and bang into you, trying to beat you....but I won't take you out".
2/22/2015 8:28am
disbanded wrote:
Chad brought this upon himself by making a bullshit move
Sure enough. Doesn't matter who did it, it should get the black flag every time.
Dezerted
2/22/2015 8:37am
Chad put himself in a position to be black flagged.. His attitude cost him points not any official
jeffro503
2/22/2015 8:39am
logan_140 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
logan_140 wrote:
Dock a few positions not black flag..
What's the difference between the black flag and getting a DQ at the end of the race?......which would of been totally justified btw. That was a shit bag move that had nothing to do with the racing going on after the CR/TC wreck seconds before.....it was just a blatant take out move.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
2/22/2015 8:40am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 8:41am
logan_140 wrote:
GuyB wrote:
The black flag is something you cant take back if you made the wrong decision. Run the race and then take the time to come up with a penalty. I think Gallager screwed up and made a emotional decision and it would be different if it was applied to everyone the same way but its not. I don't care for Reed but I think he got screwed and then Gallager didn't even have the balls to go on TV to explain his case,he had one of his minions do it . I also think they HAVE been doing a good job with the red flags so its much better than how the AMA officials did things back in the 70s and 80s when they made it up as they went and had different rules for different riders and teams so things are much more professional now but they still have work to do.
wardy
2/22/2015 8:54am Edited Date/Time 2/22/2015 8:56am
I give both riders Reed and Canard props for letting go of the issue and acting like adults. Listening to Trey's podium speech and congradulating Chad on his win. Stand up guys both them.

The black flag issue is as much a lesson for Chad as it was for ALL the riders out there. This has to be done from time to time to keep control of the process and try to keep riders safe. What happens if this wasn't done? the next time someone does it off the face of a triple?

oh the lawyers or appealing this seems foolish. but that is the business end of it.

2/22/2015 8:57am
The black flag was the right call as long as the follow the same precedence in ALL future cases, if not then CR gets the shaft and totally hosed.
Dezerted
2/22/2015 8:58am
How about "where would Canard be if Reed wasn't such a baby?"

Post a reply to: Where would reedy be without the black flag.

The Latest