Where to stay at Washougal?

JG2
Edited Date/Time 7/10/2014 7:03am
Anybody have suggestions about hotels around Washougal? We wouldn't mind going out and getting drunk one night either - any thoughts on happening places?

Thanks!
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
7/9/2014 12:32pm
JG2 wrote:
Anybody have suggestions about hotels around Washougal? We wouldn't mind going out and getting drunk one night either - any thoughts on happening places?

Thanks!
Vancouver, WA, or Portland, OR.
Sully22
7/9/2014 12:44pm
JG2 wrote:

Thanks!
What's your driving situation....Renting a car or driving in?
Sully22
7/9/2014 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 1:03pm
Downtown portland is going to be expensive for a hotel....if you could even find anything cuz there might be something going on at the waterfront. If you can find something out by the airport like....embassy suites, Sheraton inn, Hampton inn, you can catch the max into downtown portland and hit up some cool bars. I grew up in the northwest, went to college in Portland and partied there just about every night / weekend.....but I just moved from washougal to dallas, there are a few hotels in the washougal but I'd guess they're full already and you're going to have to drive to go drink or have one hell of a taxi fare if you want to go out....there's nothing, no bars anyway, in washougal. I always partied in Portland, don't know anything about vancouver, other than it looks like there's sports bar after sports bar all over vancouver. Portland is the strip club capital of basically the world, more per capita than anywhere else, so if you're into that, they're not hard to find.

The Shop

JG2
7/9/2014 1:03pm
I'm flying into Portland and renting a car - guys this has helped a lot. Thanks!

Strip clubs here I come...
hartebreak
Fantasy
247th
7/9/2014 1:24pm
JG2 wrote:
I'm flying into Portland and renting a car - guys this has helped a lot. Thanks!

Pm me if you want info on the best ones.
visser62
7/9/2014 2:22pm
There's a Best Western in Washougal, actually not too far away from the track. There's also a Marriott in East Vancouver.
moto314
7/9/2014 2:41pm
I found a cheap place last year by the airport, but be prepared for a 3.5 hour traffic jam on your way back after the race!
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/9/2014 2:51pm
Se Portland has tons of great places to eat. Hotels near the Portland airport are decent but not really near anything. If you want to stay near the track your best bet is Camas Wa or anything in Washougal.

Food wise in Portland:
Waffle Window(breakfast waffles)
Produce Row(good dinner spot)
Voo doo donuts(crazy donuts)

Actually it's hard to name a few because there's sooo many good places to eat and bars in town.

Sully22
7/9/2014 3:38pm
JG2 wrote:

Haha...have fun man! My personal favorites....acropolis and sassys. Don't go out west to Beaverton to the 'premier' club(s), not worth the drive, time, or money...WAY better clubs in and around downtown Portland and the east side. If it's your first time at the washougal national it's an amazing experience. The track is picturesque, the location and drive out there is pretty cool, although traffic in the past has sucked but they've fixed some of the highways and roads to cut down on congestion.
pilotdude
7/9/2014 4:43pm
JG2 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:
Haha...have fun man! My personal favorites....acropolis and sassys. Don't go out west to Beaverton to the 'premier' club(s), not worth the drive, time, or money...WAY better...
Haha...have fun man! My personal favorites....acropolis and sassys. Don't go out west to Beaverton to the 'premier' club(s), not worth the drive, time, or money...WAY better clubs in and around downtown Portland and the east side. If it's your first time at the washougal national it's an amazing experience. The track is picturesque, the location and drive out there is pretty cool, although traffic in the past has sucked but they've fixed some of the highways and roads to cut down on congestion.
Just don't plan on leaving the track until well after the race. Better to just chill out, drink a beer (or several) and hang with the people around after the event is over. You can either enjoy relaxing at the track or just sit in the aforementioned traffic jam. I've been going since 1982 and learned that one a long time ago.

Plenty of hotels in Vancouver, less than 30 minutes from the track. The new Best Western is very close, but is probably booked. Club 205 in Portland is owned by the parents of the guy who owns Bent Lever Motorsports in Vancouver.

visser62
7/9/2014 4:50pm
JG2 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:
Haha...have fun man! My personal favorites....acropolis and sassys. Don't go out west to Beaverton to the 'premier' club(s), not worth the drive, time, or money...WAY better...
pilotdude wrote:
Just don't plan on leaving the track until well after the race. Better to just chill out, drink a beer (or several) and hang with the...
Just don't plan on leaving the track until well after the race. Better to just chill out, drink a beer (or several) and hang with the people around after the event is over. You can either enjoy relaxing at the track or just sit in the aforementioned traffic jam. I've been going since 1982 and learned that one a long time ago.

Plenty of hotels in Vancouver, less than 30 minutes from the track. The new Best Western is very close, but is probably booked. Club 205 in Portland is owned by the parents of the guy who owns Bent Lever Motorsports in Vancouver.

There are quite a few roads that can get you around the traffic jam, just use your GPS.
Homey55
7/9/2014 5:02pm
I plan to make it to Washougal this year too! My wife and kids are going to explore Portland for the day while I get to see some racing.

We're not sure where we are staying yet but I wanted to put the feelers out for a ride to and from the track since we will have only 1 car and I don't want to put my family through the traffic nightmare. I'll be happy to supply beer or gas money if there are any takers.
mdub45
7/9/2014 5:35pm
There's usually a crazy car show sat night in Vancouver,Wa, in the old part, I think it was called " cruise the gut". 100's of old and done up cars cruising around the old main drag, if your into that
FastEddy
Fantasy
944th
7/9/2014 9:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 10:09pm
There's a really nice Hilton right in downtown Vancouver that I would recommend after just staying there.
I just stayed in suite there for several nights - it's nice and I'm very picky about where I stay usually.
Personally,I enjoyed the place and would stay there again,service was great.
Lots of bars/clubs & nightlife to walk to near by...the place had room service also (beer/food/ect..).
Private parking for like $20 a night in the private parking garage....Hotel is pretty close to the waterfront in the Couve.
Here is a few pics I took of the room I had.
Room has a huge outdoor lanai... with the living room/dining area and another smaller one with the bedroom (both over look the park).
Had quite a few guests stop by the room & even after hours small party and the hotel was super cool about it and security was understanding especially with a little tip I gave them lol.
Even MotoSmith from the board dropped by a couple times during the day and liked the place.
There's also a legal weed shop that had it's grand opening not far from the hotel today I believe...if you like that sorta thing.
You can smoke legally out there on the Lanai. lol

The suite part...

lanai (you can put 20+ people on it no problem)

Stereo in there also.

Bedroom.

The park across the street.

CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2361st
7/9/2014 11:33pm
JG2 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:
I'm not saying I go to Casa Diablo in Portland, but if you are looking for a really funny time and stories to tell you buddies. Check it out... http://casadiablo.org/wordpress/ "World's first vegan strip club"
smoker
7/10/2014 12:02am
JG2 wrote:

hartebreak wrote:
Pm me if you want info on the best ones.
I'll come too,

i lika da strip club

Post a reply to: Where to stay at Washougal?

The Latest