Where to get a revalve kit for work AER 48 forks

Kaiusive
Where can I get a revalve kit for AER 48 Forks or who would you guys recommend me sending them to if I can get a revalve kit to do them myself.
|
10/18/2016 7:38am
WP. I've had local and national suspension companies do my shit over the years, but you can't beat the original manufacturer. WP did my last ktm and it was the best I've ever had. I also paid full retail too.
Kaiusive
10/18/2016 7:45am
Can I just order a revalve kit from then or will I have to send them in?
mxb2
10/18/2016 8:14am
Kaiusive wrote:
Can I just order a revalve kit from then or will I have to send them in?
Maybe call them?

The Shop

2StrokenIt!
10/18/2016 8:24am
mx317 wrote:
Enzo Racing
Enzo Racing in Santa Ana Ca you will have to mail them.
FWYT
10/18/2016 8:36am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2016 8:44am
Kaiusive wrote:
Where can I get a revalve kit for AER 48 Forks or who would you guys recommend me sending them to if I can get a...
Where can I get a revalve kit for AER 48 Forks or who would you guys recommend me sending them to if I can get a revalve kit to do them myself.
You don't really get a revalve "kit" per se, as there is no way to just put something together that works for all riders in all situations. You buy the shims and fluids, but the knowledge of how to put it together is another deal. You can learn to do it yourself if you have the desire and time. It's actually pretty fun. There is a massive thread on Thumpertalk somewhere. A little/lot confusing at first but it sinks in after a while.

Unless you're thinking of something like the Gold Valve kits and even, you install that "kit" and then stack the shims according to their chart for your situation. (Do they even make Gold Valve kits for those?)

Before dropping dime on sending your suspension out, spend some time playing clickers, pressures and fluid heights.

Kaiusive
10/18/2016 8:58am Edited Date/Time 10/18/2016 9:05am
Kaiusive wrote:
Where can I get a revalve kit for AER 48 Forks or who would you guys recommend me sending them to if I can get a...
FWYT wrote:
You don't really get a revalve "kit" per se, as there is no way to just put something together that works for all riders in all...
You don't really get a revalve "kit" per se, as there is no way to just put something together that works for all riders in all situations. You buy the shims and fluids, but the knowledge of how to put it together is another deal. You can learn to do it yourself if you have the desire and time. It's actually pretty fun. There is a massive thread on Thumpertalk somewhere. A little/lot confusing at first but it sinks in after a while.

Unless you're thinking of something like the Gold Valve kits and even, you install that "kit" and then stack the shims according to their chart for your situation. (Do they even make Gold Valve kits for those?)

Before dropping dime on sending your suspension out, spend some time playing clickers, pressures and fluid heights.

I know how to do it by myself just needing to know what to get exactly for my bike, I have the Ktm 250 sx-f factory edition but nothing online gives me a clear answer of what I need., I have my clickers all the way down as soft as it will go and it's still way to stiff for me, lowered the pressure down to about 105 in the left fork to but still really stiff unless landing really hard then it sorta bottoms out but anything else it is way to stiff but havnt messed with fluid hieghts yet
mx317
10/18/2016 9:09am
mx317 wrote:
Enzo Racing
I use Craig Decker in Enzo's Texas location. He has been riding a KTM personally with the AER 48s since last year and has a very good setup. Email is cdecker47@hotmail.com
Kaiusive
10/18/2016 9:32am
mx317 wrote:
Enzo Racing
mx317 wrote:
I use Craig Decker in Enzo's Texas location. He has been riding a KTM personally with the AER 48s since last year and has a very...
I use Craig Decker in Enzo's Texas location. He has been riding a KTM personally with the AER 48s since last year and has a very good setup. Email is cdecker47@hotmail.com
Ok thank you I will check them out, how much is it for a full revalve from them?
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
10/18/2016 9:37am
We (Race Tech) have been revalving quite a few and also have a Spring Conversion System available for these forks.

The Gold Valve Kit is being put together from our R&D staff and should be available to dealers/centers/consumers shortly, but we can revalve in house already.

The Spring Conversion System is ready and available to dealers/centers/consumers already.

Sales@racetech.com and mention VitalMX for a special discount.
mx317
10/18/2016 9:43am
mx317 wrote:
I use Craig Decker in Enzo's Texas location. He has been riding a KTM personally with the AER 48s since last year and has a very...
Kaiusive wrote:
Ok thank you I will check them out, how much is it for a full revalve from them?
Around $200 with oil plus any wear parts. What I like about Craig is he won't sell you things you don't need. I have sent new suspension to other places and they replaced parts like a set that had 50 hours on them.
Kaiusive
10/18/2016 9:44am
We (Race Tech) have been revalving quite a few and also have a Spring Conversion System available for these forks. The Gold Valve Kit is being...
We (Race Tech) have been revalving quite a few and also have a Spring Conversion System available for these forks.

The Gold Valve Kit is being put together from our R&D staff and should be available to dealers/centers/consumers shortly, but we can revalve in house already.

The Spring Conversion System is ready and available to dealers/centers/consumers already.

How much to send it in to you guys to do a revalve? And a rough estimate on when the gold valve kit will be released?
Kaiusive
10/18/2016 9:45am
mx317 wrote:
Kaiusive wrote:
mx317 wrote:
Around $200 with oil plus any wear parts. What I like about Craig is he won't sell you things you don't need. I have sent new...
Around $200 with oil plus any wear parts. What I like about Craig is he won't sell you things you don't need. I have sent new suspension to other places and they replaced parts like a set that had 50 hours on them.
Thank you will defiantly be looking into that.
Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
10/18/2016 9:49am
We (Race Tech) have been revalving quite a few and also have a Spring Conversion System available for these forks. The Gold Valve Kit is being...

Kaiusive wrote:
How much to send it in to you guys to do a revalve? And a rough estimate on when the gold valve kit will be released?
I'm actually traveling to see some family and a bit of personal time off this week, so I can't grab a quote; however, if you would like to drop an email to sales@racetech.com or give them a call at 951.279.6655 they will definitely put something together for you.

And I know the GV kit is in high demand for dealers/centers right now, so I'd guess within a couple of weeks it should be ready.
Katoomey
10/18/2016 12:20pm
Kaiusive wrote:
yes, buy a revalve kit and do them yourself. you seem like you know what you're doing....Dizzy

Post a reply to: Where to get a revalve kit for work AER 48 forks

The Latest