When you're dishing out the blame don't forget to look in the mirror

Carlos Z
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 2:21pm
Nobody had a gun to your head when you left the winning team and went to RCH Kenney? You should be experienced enough to recognize a professional race team by now.
|
crusty_xx
Fantasy
156th
8/20/2015 4:15am
He's not the one dishing out the blame...

Just because you can't read it on the Internet doesn't mean he's not blaming himself. He does
RG1
8/20/2015 4:19am
You couldn't have just posted that in the huge thread that already exists on this subject?
ChrisB10
8/20/2015 4:34am
Carlos Z wrote:
Nobody had a gun to your head when you left the winning team and went to RCH Kenney? You should be experienced enough to recognize a...
Nobody had a gun to your head when you left the winning team and went to RCH Kenney? You should be experienced enough to recognize a professional race team by now.
I think his point is they are not acting like a professional team. And if what he's saying is true then they are not. Yes he could be biased because he's Kens dad but he could also just be right.

The Shop

Reggsie
8/20/2015 4:40am
RG1 wrote:
You couldn't have just posted that in the huge thread that already exists on this subject?
No because his comment would have been lost in the mire of that thread and he needed his opinion to be heard dammit!
8/20/2015 5:10am
Carlos Z wrote:
Nobody had a gun to your head when you left the winning team and went to RCH Kenney? You should be experienced enough to recognize a...
RC, KR and Suzuki didn't work out. Who woulda thought. Right?
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
8/20/2015 5:44am
Carlos Z wrote:
Maybe RCH isn't to blame st all.

His dad was booted out of the KTM pits and told to never come back because he would argue with them about the bike.

Tjink about this, the best year Ken ever had was when KTM wouldn't let his dad around him.
agn5009
8/20/2015 6:06am
Carlos Z wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Maybe RCH isn't to blame st all. His dad was booted out of the KTM pits and told to never come back because he would argue...

His dad was booted out of the KTM pits and told to never come back because he would argue with them about the bike.

Tjink about this, the best year Ken ever had was when KTM wouldn't let his dad around him.
Yep. Everyone seems to forget this. What happens when RC or Carey Hart come out and say Ken was lazy, didn't put in the time to train because of girls or fun or whatever, didn't know how to or want to set the bike up properly? What happens when it comes out that he was given the opportunity to have any and all resources available? Will vital explode again and chastise Ken and his father?
RG1
8/20/2015 6:10am
agn5009 wrote:
Yep. Everyone seems to forget this. What happens when RC or Carey Hart come out and say Ken was lazy, didn't put in the time to...
Yep. Everyone seems to forget this. What happens when RC or Carey Hart come out and say Ken was lazy, didn't put in the time to train because of girls or fun or whatever, didn't know how to or want to set the bike up properly? What happens when it comes out that he was given the opportunity to have any and all resources available? Will vital explode again and chastise Ken and his father?
Everyone also seems to forget that Roczen was winning GP's at 15 and was world champion at 17 under the guidance of his dad. He's not an idiot, he knows what his kid needs
mx836
8/20/2015 6:15am
agn5009 wrote:
Yep. Everyone seems to forget this. What happens when RC or Carey Hart come out and say Ken was lazy, didn't put in the time to...
Absolutely. Most around here take the latest little tid bit of gossip and spread it like wild fire. Pathetic, really. Amazing how rumors become fact to so many just because there was a "discussion" about it on Vital.
8/20/2015 6:30am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 6:33am
agn5009 wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Absolutely. Most around here take the latest little tid bit of gossip and spread it like wild fire. Pathetic, really. Amazing how rumors become fact to...
Absolutely. Most around here take the latest little tid bit of gossip and spread it like wild fire. Pathetic, really. Amazing how rumors become fact to so many just because there was a "discussion" about it on Vital.
So. How's the air up there?

"Girls or fun". Man's not a Camel. He can't live on water alone.
VET74
8/20/2015 6:33am
It will be interesting to see how this sorts out...but airing your dirty laundry like Ken's dad did rarely nets positive results. His dad kind of strikes me as a kooky mini dad, but it is hard to argue their early success. But if what Uptite said is definitely true, that confirms a lot about Ken's dad. I'm sure it's hard place to be in for KR94.
agn5009
8/20/2015 6:38am
agn5009 wrote:
mx836 wrote:
Absolutely. Most around here take the latest little tid bit of gossip and spread it like wild fire. Pathetic, really. Amazing how rumors become fact to...
#991 wrote:

Nobody said they can blame him. Nobody is saying he shouldn't chase girls or have fun. But if he's not putting in the sufficient amount of time training and testing then it's his own fault. There needs to be a happy medium. Maybe he's going beyond that medium?
8/20/2015 6:38am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 6:43am
VET74 wrote:
It will be interesting to see how this sorts out...but airing your dirty laundry like Ken's dad did rarely nets positive results. His dad kind of...
It will be interesting to see how this sorts out...but airing your dirty laundry like Ken's dad did rarely nets positive results. His dad kind of strikes me as a kooky mini dad, but it is hard to argue their early success. But if what Uptite said is definitely true, that confirms a lot about Ken's dad. I'm sure it's hard place to be in for KR94.
Yeah. His old man argued with them about the bike. The same bike Ken wasn't happy with. Way out of line aye. What would his old man know about it.

You gonna keep your mouth closed if your sons given football boots 2 sizes to small to play in? Even if his team wins the game?
Or suggest if the boots were a better fit he might be able to contribute even more to the team.
8/20/2015 6:44am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 6:54am
mx836 wrote:
#991 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
Nobody said they can blame him. Nobody is saying he shouldn't chase girls or have fun. But if he's not putting in the sufficient amount of...
Nobody said they can blame him. Nobody is saying he shouldn't chase girls or have fun. But if he's not putting in the sufficient amount of time training and testing then it's his own fault. There needs to be a happy medium. Maybe he's going beyond that medium?
Key words there were "If" and "Maybe".

I've seen a lot of wasted talent in my life. Too much. Mostly because of the father not being there, not paying attention or simply not supporting their son/daughter.

The greatest Influence in a boys life is the same sex parent. Don't see how KR hasn't been positively Influenced. His old man did something right.

"Behind every great Man, there's an even greater Woman". "Behind every great athlete, there are even greater parents or mentors".
RG1
8/20/2015 6:47am
agn5009 wrote:
Nobody said they can blame him. Nobody is saying he shouldn't chase girls or have fun. But if he's not putting in the sufficient amount of...
Who's to say he's not putting the work in? Maybe he is but he isn't getting the support he needs
hillbilly
8/20/2015 6:49am
If they bought a Suzuki something is really wrong..

Damn shame either way.
agn5009
8/20/2015 6:56am
agn5009 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
Who's to say he's not putting the work in? Maybe he is but he isn't getting the support he needs
This is exactly my point. I don't know what the problem is. But here's the thing: neither do you or anyone else here. Everyone is throwing all the blame at RCH because of what Kens father says.
Mxjuncks
8/20/2015 7:00am
The problem is Kenny's father talking without knowing the whole story or exactly what's going on while he's in Germany. Roczen says it all when he talks with racer x. Just posted the link
Bob693
8/20/2015 7:02am
Carlos Z wrote:
UpTiTe wrote:
Maybe RCH isn't to blame st all. His dad was booted out of the KTM pits and told to never come back because he would argue...

And apparently things have gotten better with the team and the bike since his dad went home.
h&m_cycle
8/20/2015 7:03am
Some are acting like he had a terrible year... He's third in points, five points out of second, 115 points ahead of his
teammate in a off year...
agn5009
8/20/2015 7:03am
#991 wrote:

agn5009 wrote:
#991 wrote:
Key words there were "If" and "Maybe". I've seen a lot of wasted talent in my life. Too much. Mostly because of the father not being...
Key words there were "If" and "Maybe".

I've seen a lot of wasted talent in my life. Too much. Mostly because of the father not being there, not paying attention or simply not supporting their son/daughter.

The greatest Influence in a boys life is the same sex parent. Don't see how KR hasn't been positively Influenced. His old man did something right.

"Behind every great Man, there's an even greater Woman". "Behind every great athlete, there are even greater parents or mentors".
Yes a lot of if's and maybe's on both sides of the argument. We don't know exactly what the problem is. Everyone is already placing all blame on RCH without any real facts.

I agree his father did something right. Ken really seems like a good hearted person from what I see. I obviously don't know him personally and I doubt many here do either. But he seems like a good kid. He's not out getting arrested or making an idiot out of himself. He is one of the best MX'ers on the planet. Just don't be surprised when more of the story comes out and maybe both sides are to blame. Some riders and teams simply don't work well together. It's the reality of the situation.

Either way, I hope whatever happens is in the best interest for both parties. If Ken wants to leave, I hope he does and he goes to a team more suited for him. And I hope RCH can find another great rider that fits their needs.
8/20/2015 7:05am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 7:09am
agn5009 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This is exactly my point. I don't know what the problem is. But here's the thing: neither do you or anyone else here. Everyone is throwing...
This is exactly my point. I don't know what the problem is. But here's the thing: neither do you or anyone else here. Everyone is throwing all the blame at RCH because of what Kens father says.
Everyone. Some, are throwing RCH under the bus because. What his old man says adds up. KR not denying it or even disputing it, didn't help RCH Laughing . He's not exactly making an effort to pull them out of It's way. RCH were left looking like a Deer in the Bus's spot lights.

It's more about what KR didn't say.
agn5009
8/20/2015 7:07am
RG1 wrote:
agn5009 wrote:
This is exactly my point. I don't know what the problem is. But here's the thing: neither do you or anyone else here. Everyone is throwing...
#991 wrote:
Everyone. Some, are throwing RCH under the bus because. What his old man says adds up. KR not denying it or even disputing it, didn't help...
Everyone. Some, are throwing RCH under the bus because. What his old man says adds up. KR not denying it or even disputing it, didn't help RCH Laughing . He's not exactly making an effort to pull them out of It's way. RCH were left looking like a Deer in the Bus's spot lights.

Well there were concerns stemming over the past couple years that Ken may not be putting the time in to his training or bike set up. Doesn't that add up too? You're only evaluating what his father said. That's it
bultokid
8/20/2015 7:08am
HK vs TA in a Texas Cage Match !!!!!!!.........I gotta a fiffy on TA
8/20/2015 7:10am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 7:11am
agn5009 wrote:
#991 wrote:
Everyone. Some, are throwing RCH under the bus because. What his old man says adds up. KR not denying it or even disputing it, didn't help...

agn5009 wrote:
Well there were concerns stemming over the past couple years that Ken may not be putting the time in to his training or bike set up...
Well there were concerns stemming over the past couple years that Ken may not be putting the time in to his training or bike set up. Doesn't that add up too? You're only evaluating what his father said. That's it
If It's fair to say "But he won on the KTM". It's fair to say, OK, assume. He must of being putting in the work.
8/20/2015 7:12am Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 7:14am
h&m_cycle wrote:
Kenny contacted Racerx looks like Kenny is upset with his father... Here's the main part... http://racerxonline.com/2015/08/20/redux-roczen-speaks [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/08/20/102165/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
Kenny contacted Racerx looks like Kenny is upset with his father...

Here's the main part...
http://racerxonline.com/2015/08/20/redux-roczen-speaks

"I know when It's time to open my mouth and say things". Says a lot that he didn't say much. Ironic.

Post a reply to: When you're dishing out the blame don't forget to look in the mirror

The Latest