When is red bud available to watch on line?

vetmxr
Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 11:47am
For some reason My DVR didn't tape the second motos for me. How long before the archives are up on the web? Motocross has been a huge part of my life and if I can"t follow this shit on the TV I can only guess what a casual fan thinks when trying to follow this mess. Looks like I was supposed to change channels three times throughout the day to see everything????? Oh well, Its not a big deal if I'm sitting around but I have my dvr set to record this stuff and it's obviously not working real well. Its getting hard to stay interested in Moto, and Moto is a big part of my life. Mini Rant over.
|
erikcrvjl
7/5/2014 9:51pm
vetmxr wrote:
For some reason My DVR didn't tape the second motos for me. How long before the archives are up on the web? Motocross has been a...
For some reason My DVR didn't tape the second motos for me. How long before the archives are up on the web? Motocross has been a huge part of my life and if I can"t follow this shit on the TV I can only guess what a casual fan thinks when trying to follow this mess. Looks like I was supposed to change channels three times throughout the day to see everything????? Oh well, Its not a big deal if I'm sitting around but I have my dvr set to record this stuff and it's obviously not working real well. Its getting hard to stay interested in Moto, and Moto is a big part of my life. Mini Rant over.
They usually post them up a day or two after
PTshox
7/5/2014 10:52pm
Anybody have a link?
7/6/2014 11:15am
Bump...was out of town...my second motos did not record on TV since we had a damn rain storm and lost power..grrrrrrrr....

The Shop

ocscottie
7/6/2014 11:41am
Dude who does them got stuck in the airport, ill post when available.
7/6/2014 11:42am
ocscottie wrote:
Dude who does them got stuck in the airport, ill post when available.
please do! ive been away racing and was looking forward to watching the ama when i got back! i have a fridge full of beer in anticipation!!!!!!!

PFO186
7/6/2014 4:29pm
I'm struggling here...
fgb729
7/6/2014 6:00pm
9pm day after race day and promotocross.com still doesn't have them up. Fucking ridiculous. I guess the youtube people are all on vacation as they usually have it up before the official site.
Katoomey
7/6/2014 6:33pm
Sully22 wrote:
They're all up on mine.... http://www.promotocross.com/mx/archive-2014 Edit....I take that back....it loads glen Helen when you click on red bud, lame! Edit again...I'm way off, read the...
They're all up on mine....

http://www.promotocross.com/mx/archive-2014

Edit....I take that back....it loads glen Helen when you click on red bud, lame!

Edit again...I'm way off, read the wrong one...I'm lame!

hard to navigate that website without spoiling the results...
IWreckALot
7/6/2014 6:55pm
I could beat the TV package horse till it's dead twice. I hate this year's TV package. Seems very unorganized. Last year I set my DVR on maybe 3 or 4 channels to record new episodes and after that it picked up all the races. First and second motos. This year, I've had to set it separately for every race so far. And I'm only getting half the motos. . . Then I have to wait 3 or 4 days to watch the first motos to which I already know the results for because I've watched the highlights in the second motos that are aired on regular TV.
jbomx363
7/8/2014 8:34am
I don't get it. How frikkin hard and time consuming is it to load some dang videos on a website, when they are already done? It's not like they are doing post processing on them.

I prefer the archives over the TV crapola as you actually get to see the whole race.

Archives should be almost instantaneous after they air on TV. Waiting 2 days later is agony.

Xavier
7/8/2014 10:32am Edited Date/Time 7/8/2014 10:33am
jbomx363 wrote:
I don't get it. How frikkin hard and time consuming is it to load some dang videos on a website, when they are already done? It's...
I don't get it. How frikkin hard and time consuming is it to load some dang videos on a website, when they are already done? It's not like they are doing post processing on them.

I prefer the archives over the TV crapola as you actually get to see the whole race.

Archives should be almost instantaneous after they air on TV. Waiting 2 days later is agony.

Yep.
They have the GP motos available on their site while the next motos are still going on live (and no advertising - but it's a paying site).
So it can be done quite instantly.
From a fan/spectator point of view, it's definitely the way to go, nowadays, for a major championship series, I think.
DC
7/8/2014 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2014 12:24pm
The motos have been up every Monday. I wish it were Sunday but they have to wait until they play in other countries due to the distribution rights. Plus a lot of folks in this country take Sundays off, including TV people. We are trying to get them up faster.

Sorry this is not as quick as the GPs, Xavier. We prefer to keep it free.

DC
MX Sports
mjskier
7/8/2014 12:37pm
250 moto 2 was insane. Worth watching even knowing the result.
Ebs
7/8/2014 12:45pm
Katoomey wrote:
hard to navigate that website without spoiling the results...
Bookmark the video page so you can jump right to it and skip those homepage spoilers.
Xavier
7/8/2014 3:56pm Edited Date/Time 7/8/2014 4:07pm
DC wrote:
The motos have been up every Monday. I wish it were Sunday but they have to wait until they play in other countries due to the...
The motos have been up every Monday. I wish it were Sunday but they have to wait until they play in other countries due to the distribution rights. Plus a lot of folks in this country take Sundays off, including TV people. We are trying to get them up faster.

Sorry this is not as quick as the GPs, Xavier. We prefer to keep it free.

DC
MX Sports
Davey, I'm sure there are valid business-related reasons for the choices being made.

Just speaking from an overseas, internet-only point of view, the coverage is very difficult / frustrating to follow.

The last couple of weeks, for instance, the infamous "coverage has concluded" pops out 5 or 10 mn before the end of motos (the last two motos).

If there was an immediate (or at least very quick), no commercials, re-run of all the motos, I'd be tempted to watch it that way (although I am a huge fan of watching live action, even if it is night time over-here).

But I just can't refrain from trying the live option and end up more frustrated each time !

Regardless of the business reasons explaining the Nationals' coverage system, this is, by far, the point where the GP series appears stronger (again, from an overseas point of view).

And you know very well I'm not saying that because I am a blind supporter of said series (a-la-mxgeoff), or a systematic critic of the great things you do for this sport...

"Keeping it free" for your domestic market is also an honorable principle.

But it ain't free for us, international fans : by second motos time, it's just not there, or shuts down prematurely.

We don't have different opinions very often but on that issue, we see it from opposite angles, that's probably why we do.

DC
7/9/2014 5:28am
Xavier, I have not watched from over there so I did not realize that it was cutting out the second motos, I will ask them what's going on. Comparing the GPs to the Nationals is an impossible task. We do thinks much differently, and with much different budgets and priorities, as you know. I will look into the international streaming.

DC
MX Sports
Xavier
7/9/2014 11:47am Edited Date/Time 7/9/2014 11:48am
DC wrote:
Xavier, I have not watched from over there so I did not realize that it was cutting out the second motos, I will ask them what's...
Xavier, I have not watched from over there so I did not realize that it was cutting out the second motos, I will ask them what's going on. Comparing the GPs to the Nationals is an impossible task. We do thinks much differently, and with much different budgets and priorities, as you know. I will look into the international streaming.

DC
MX Sports
Thanks for transmitting our complains, Davey, will keep you posted on how that works next time...

I'm sure us overseas fans will come here and thank you if it works smoother for Budd's Creek (as much as we criticized when it didn't).

Post a reply to: When is red bud available to watch on line?

The Latest