What's really up with Webb?

6/5/2017 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 6/7/2017 10:21am
I don't know but Daniel Blair does, apparently. Just listened to the new Main Event Moto pod and DB said he knows what's wrong but won't say. I got the impression that it's a physical problem .

My first guess would be Epstein-Barr.
|
MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
6/5/2017 5:03pm
Lmao he's a rookie dude... come on now. They have a new bike for 18, supposedly being homologated as we speak
6/5/2017 5:15pm
I know the bike is the problem gets thrown around here a lot but visually you can see him trying and bike just looks to be working against him. I was getting kind of scared for the guy watching him really push on Saturday in that second moto.
JW381
6/5/2017 5:16pm
I think it's the bike, as well. I could be completely wrong, but this what I believe.
6/5/2017 5:35pm
Isn't it obvious? Of course it's a physical problem. Loose sprocket bolts, chain slack is jacked, sag is way off, head gaskets blowed out, steering stem not greased, and no factory ECU. Superman couldn't win under those circumstances!

The Shop

Ted722
6/5/2017 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2017 5:49pm
Matthes' review podcast was talking about banned substances (to help with altitude sickness) and Anderson. Just wouldn't let it go until Weege basically said STFU. Must still be blocked by Anderson.

Webb? Who knows, but it looked like he liked riding that YZ125 more than his factory 450.
Acidreamer
6/5/2017 5:49pm
Its probably that yz450. Reed has even dogged on it for being a slow pig
DPW
6/5/2017 5:49pm
Isn't it obvious? Of course it's a physical problem. Loose sprocket bolts, chain slack is jacked, sag is way off, head gaskets blowed out, steering stem...
Isn't it obvious? Of course it's a physical problem. Loose sprocket bolts, chain slack is jacked, sag is way off, head gaskets blowed out, steering stem not greased, and no factory ECU. Superman couldn't win under those circumstances!
RC could.....i jest...
aeffertz
6/5/2017 5:56pm
Ted722 wrote:
Matthes' review podcast was talking about banned substances (to help with altitude sickness) and Anderson. Just wouldn't let it go until Weege basically said STFU. Must...
Matthes' review podcast was talking about banned substances (to help with altitude sickness) and Anderson. Just wouldn't let it go until Weege basically said STFU. Must still be blocked by Anderson.

Webb? Who knows, but it looked like he liked riding that YZ125 more than his factory 450.
Yeah, that's not what happened. Do you just pick out random words they say and piece together your own story? Not to mention this was a thread about Webb.
thorns
6/5/2017 6:05pm
I thought I heard mention of a possible niggly back issue for Webb on one of the previous Pulp/Matthes podcasts, possibly it was Weege who mentioned it.
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
6/5/2017 6:07pm
Acidreamer wrote:
LOL, yeah its slow, that's the problem.
Zycki11
6/5/2017 6:08pm
Acidreamer wrote:
Yep, you really can't figure this thing out can you? That Yamaha sure is "slow"
6/5/2017 7:08pm
Isn't it obvious? Of course it's a physical problem. Loose sprocket bolts, chain slack is jacked, sag is way off, head gaskets blowed out, steering stem...
This
kevin204
Fantasy
3416th
6/5/2017 7:21pm
Goerke complained about his YZ450F beating him up this weekend in Kamloops. Just saying..
6/5/2017 8:00pm
Thought DB's comment was interesting yet infuriating. As a spoiled fan of the sport in the 21st century, I can't help but think "WELL F'N TELL US THEN!".. but at least his comment validates that there *is*something going on.
jeffro503
6/5/2017 8:08pm
Looked like to me he was charging pretty good in that 2nd moto...no?

On top of that , I guess his back may be a bit tweaked / hurt? On top of being a rookie , maybe we should give him a bit to get acclimated? Just a thought.
Mx286
6/5/2017 8:15pm
2nd moto he was rolling pretty good. There's obvisouly something going on with and I think he's riding with some sort of injury. But I'm sure all the big blue pig Yamaha haters will say it's the bike.
IceMan446
6/5/2017 8:17pm
He is waiting for that 18 Yamaha to get homologated. Thats what.
6/5/2017 8:21pm Edited Date/Time 6/5/2017 8:22pm
Seriously hope KTM is cupping the balls on this..
dirtnapper
6/5/2017 11:07pm
Perhaps nothing is "up" with him.

Maybe Daniel Blair knows that Coop got knocked
the ---- off his 250 class arrogant flipping the bird cool as crap high horse and got a healthy dose of reality that the 450 is not a cakewalk......

Just saying.....
sickboy3636
6/5/2017 11:24pm
Give the youngster some time. He def had a bit of an attitude in 250's but very few champions don't carry a chip on their shoulder. I think everyone's jumping the gun a bit expecting so much out of him in his first season, if he is pulling off in motos and dnf'ing next season.....then I think you can start speculating on a problem. His back was jacked and he's running in premier class.....most of these 250 guys end up with a wake up call when they saddle up with the big boys.
feelnjstfine
6/5/2017 11:44pm
He seems like someone ruled by confidence even more so than most riders. Once that chip gets back on his shoulder, I think the results will follow. In my eyes, the toughest and most crucial part for him won't be getting that breakthrough result, it'll be backing it up quickly to keep the momentum rolling.
sickboy3636
6/5/2017 11:54pm
He seems like someone ruled by confidence even more so than most riders. Once that chip gets back on his shoulder, I think the results will...
He seems like someone ruled by confidence even more so than most riders. Once that chip gets back on his shoulder, I think the results will follow. In my eyes, the toughest and most crucial part for him won't be getting that breakthrough result, it'll be backing it up quickly to keep the momentum rolling.
He def wears his emotions on his sleeve more than most riders. I guess thats a little why I like the kid....his podium interviews actually have some element of personality rather than the usual dry to the bone sponsor list. But that can def either be a big positive or a huge negative. Seeing him hold his own in Moto 2 I think opened a lot of eyes.....I was def happy to see him fighting for positions the way he was....and if he ends up as big of a fan of the 2018 as he thinks he's gonna be....very well could see him on the top of the box before long.
philG
6/6/2017 12:41am
dirtnapper wrote:
Perhaps nothing is "up" with him. Maybe Daniel Blair knows that Coop got knocked the ---- off his 250 class arrogant flipping the bird cool as...
Perhaps nothing is "up" with him.

Maybe Daniel Blair knows that Coop got knocked
the ---- off his 250 class arrogant flipping the bird cool as crap high horse and got a healthy dose of reality that the 450 is not a cakewalk......

Just saying.....
this
sgrimmxdad
Fantasy
2109th
6/6/2017 1:41am
These people that keep saying the Yamaha is slow are just ignorant... It may be wide and bulky but slow it is not... The blue bikes still seems to dominate both classes at the local events...

Far as Webb, I think he is as talented as anyone on the track. Once he gets his confidence back it is going to be a different story IMO. The kid is a beast with the heart of a champion.

Maybe the 18 is on his mind, we all know how much the mind plays in this sport...
6/6/2017 1:42am
He def wears his emotions on his sleeve more than most riders. I guess thats a little why I like the kid....his podium interviews actually have...
He def wears his emotions on his sleeve more than most riders. I guess thats a little why I like the kid....his podium interviews actually have some element of personality rather than the usual dry to the bone sponsor list. But that can def either be a big positive or a huge negative. Seeing him hold his own in Moto 2 I think opened a lot of eyes.....I was def happy to see him fighting for positions the way he was....and if he ends up as big of a fan of the 2018 as he thinks he's gonna be....very well could see him on the top of the box before long.
If indeed it is a purely emotional issue (and I have no clue) a give-up in poor position at Glen-Helen would say more to me about his emotional fortitude than any late-moto charge.
sickboy3636
6/6/2017 2:10am
He def wears his emotions on his sleeve more than most riders. I guess thats a little why I like the kid....his podium interviews actually have...
If indeed it is a purely emotional issue (and I have no clue) a give-up in poor position at Glen-Helen would say more to me about...
If indeed it is a purely emotional issue (and I have no clue) a give-up in poor position at Glen-Helen would say more to me about his emotional fortitude than any late-moto charge.
Ya I feel you......for what I know of Webb, at least as a spectator of the sport, I was pretty shocked to see that. I've heard a few different things about it being maybe a back issue or him just being generally unhappy with the bike. But it def seemed like the Yammy crew wasn't overly happy with his demeanor when that all went down. Maybe if he starts getting on the podium he'll start shedding some light as to what his early season struggles were.
Acidreamer
6/6/2017 2:48am
Acidreamer wrote:
Zycki11 wrote:
Yep, you really can't figure this thing out can you? That Yamaha sure is "slow"
Calm down there turbo tiger
Crush
6/6/2017 4:29am
Ted722 wrote:
Matthes' review podcast was talking about banned substances (to help with altitude sickness) and Anderson. Just wouldn't let it go until Weege basically said STFU. Must...

He wasn't implying anything tho... Just saying he'd take the risk because it's pretty unlikely he'd have gotten tested.

Weege said the risk isn't worth it, knowing how they're serious if you do get caught.

Post a reply to: What's really up with Webb?

The Latest