What's eating Ryan Villopoto?

PressPassP
3/29/2015 2:14pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Probably the major knee surgery he had recently which made him sit out for a very long time
zook11 wrote:
Yup. That and not racing MX in 2 years. Along with new teams and new tracks. None of the euros would do as good as he's...
Yup. That and not racing MX in 2 years. Along with new teams and new tracks.

None of the euros would do as good as he's doing over there over here. It's still a 2nd class racing league compared to the Ama nationals.
Nagl is on a totally new bike and team in only their 2nd season,the last 2 tracks were new to everyone,RV is a class act,it's tough taking on the other series either way

Cut the crap,or take it back to the Racer X comments,Twatter or whatever...

3/29/2015 2:16pm
Dry Paint wrote:
He's been off his game and yet he's still finished ahead of RV in all but one moto. Weird. Imagine when he turns it up.
Its like calling for excuses to me ? Thats what europeans would say if rv said he had some breathing issues. I know certain people from the uk who would totally blame ryan for excuses
Rick M.
3/29/2015 2:17pm
Dry Paint wrote:
He's been off his game and yet he's still finished ahead of RV in all but one moto. Weird. Imagine when he turns it up.
I said Cairolli is very beatable, and showing some signs of weakness. Said nothing about RV beating him. I believe AC can be beat by 5-6 different riders. Don't spin my post please. I know what your doing, and I don't like it (happy gilmore voice)
downard254
3/29/2015 2:18pm
I don't think there is anything wrong with RV. He's just been off for a while and it will take him some time to truly get back to speed. Plus as mentioned before, the GP tracks develop differently than they do here in the US. He's got a steep learning curve ahead of him. I'm not a betting man, but I'd lay money on him not dominating this years Nationals (had he stayed in the US) for as long as he's been off, plus the elevated level of comp from Dungey, Roczen, Cannard, Tomac. Remember, DeSalle finished over hear a few years ago about where RV's finishing over there. I think most of the worlds top riders are all pretty close, each just excels on what they've ridden for most of their life.

The Shop

3/29/2015 2:18pm
Dry Paint wrote:
Its like calling for excuses to me ? Thats what europeans would say if rv said he had some breathing issues. I know certain people from...
Its like calling for excuses to me ? Thats what europeans would say if rv said he had some breathing issues. I know certain people from the uk who would totally blame ryan for excuses
What are you even talking about? Cairoli historically plays things a certain way. If you knew anything about the GPs before RV started racing them, you'd know that. He'll turn it up.
3/29/2015 2:20pm
Dry Paint wrote:
What are you even talking about? Cairoli historically plays things a certain way. If you knew anything about the GPs before RV started racing them, you'd...
What are you even talking about? Cairoli historically plays things a certain way. If you knew anything about the GPs before RV started racing them, you'd know that. He'll turn it up.
I know AC is a beast never said anything else, just said that if RV had beaten him today people would use that as a excuse, sore throat or astma or whatever it was. I know AC is a beast and is hard to beat, but he crashed today and that can happend again and RV is getting better, i dont know why people are so worrie,d
3/29/2015 2:23pm
They are. But RV struggles early and mid part of the moto, he needs to make a pass earlier not lach on , easier said than done for sure.
3/29/2015 2:24pm
Dry Paint wrote:
What are you even talking about? Cairoli historically plays things a certain way. If you knew anything about the GPs before RV started racing them, you'd...
I know AC is a beast never said anything else, just said that if RV had beaten him today people would use that as a excuse...
I know AC is a beast never said anything else, just said that if RV had beaten him today people would use that as a excuse, sore throat or astma or whatever it was. I know AC is a beast and is hard to beat, but he crashed today and that can happend again and RV is getting better, i dont know why people are so worrie,d
Cairoli always makes excuses... I doubt fans who have been following him closely would really take them too seriously if RV did beat him today.
Fat Fingers
3/29/2015 2:25pm
How amazing would this series be if Dungey was racing? Yep I'm dreaming but it seems to me that MXGP is where its at at the moment.
h&m_cycle
3/29/2015 2:26pm
your right, we got DC to smooth them out... the Euros are not used to that

got all these avatars of RV. Hope none of #222 may crack my screen, he sure can ride though... he IS the world champion..
3/29/2015 2:27pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 2:57pm
The series are equal but there is a period of adaptation mostly due to the differences in tracks and subsequent bike set-up requirements and riding style. It's something that many European fans have been fruitlessly banging on about for years but were never taken seriously because, up until now, around one half of the sports worldwide fan base only paid attention to their own domestic series. Not having a go but that's just the truth (obviously I don't include absolutely every individual in that).

With that said I must admit that I did have Ryan tipped to win at least a moto today and was surprised that he didn't. But again, as with Thailand, the track went away from what he gels with and more in favour with what the GP regulars are so good at.

A positive note for those in the RV camp is that while it may not look spectacular, I think that Ryan did make big strides today between motos - far bigger than you'd ordinarily expect given the short time frame. The positions were the same but the performances were night and day better. He really wasn't that far off. The big question (in terms of wanting to win the title this year, and this year only) is whether he can keep going in the right direction set-up wise quickly enough on the real deal European circuits before the points gap becomes unassailable.
malachi177
3/29/2015 2:28pm
What are you doing KBW???.....that's a big carrot for zook11 to blow his load too!!!!Woohoo
CR250Rider
3/29/2015 2:31pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 2:32pm
RV is not used to such short motos Smile

3 more laps and he'd of waxed 'em !
WFO!
3/29/2015 2:33pm
To RV

Set up that bike and cut off that unlucky beard.

That is all.
Rumple4skin
3/29/2015 2:41pm
This isn't the first time RV has started off relatively slowly in a series. Anyone that knows anything about pro motocross knows 'Poto isn't going to lose a championship in the beginning of a season. We've seen time and time again that he's not only in it all season, but he turns it up as the series drags on. But I also have no doubt that AC will as well, and Desalle and Nagl and others. I admit that I'm surprised at his results so far, but in reality I was naive to think it would start any other way. Strijbos and Desalle showed up at a couple rounds over here in '13 and Desalle had some top 5 moto finishes. I remember thinking how awesome that was, and I was rooting for both of them because of the monumental task of getting here, getting set up, no time to learn the American format or tracks, and they raced well. They are world class racers and it made no difference what track they were on, because they were immediately fast enough to compete with the best. 'Poto is in a similar situation, and I imagine as the series go on he will be winning motos. Just as I imagine Desalle would have done the same over here. I'm happy as hell that RV is over there. A lot of us over here are learning a lot about MXGP now because of it, and that's a good thing.
3/29/2015 2:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 2:43pm
I like Cairoli. I think he's the best outdoor rider in the world. I just know that he is very calculated with his comments

I think it's just as likely that Desalle would win the title as RV.
kiwifan
3/29/2015 2:46pm
Nothing, give the guy a break he cant win every race against the competition that he has.
TDeath21
3/29/2015 2:52pm
It's definitely something. He's never looked this bad before outdoors. I hope he figures it out and returns to 2013 form soon. Cairoli will turn it up when it gets to Europe, and he's already got a decent points lead on Villopoto.
3/29/2015 2:54pm
After watching today I am still quite sure RV will win the Gp at Glen Helen but I wouldn't be willing to bet as much money on it, that's all!
Crush
3/29/2015 2:58pm
Some of you blokes need to calm down. Both sides!

There are 30 more motos over 6 months and RV is down 17 points to Cairoli and a few more to two blokes who haven't finished a MXGP season in forever if they have... Nothing is settled. Nothing.
Outsider
3/29/2015 3:00pm
edgo897 wrote:
We didn't send our best guy. Dungy would smoke that field
Fuck really?

We didnt "send* anyone
pilotdude
3/29/2015 3:07pm
I don't know what is eating him, but him shaking his head as he pulled off the track after the first moto said a lot to me.
Seamorbutts
3/29/2015 3:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 3:09pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Probably the major knee surgery he had recently which made him sit out for a very long time
zook11 wrote:
Yup. That and not racing MX in 2 years. Along with new teams and new tracks. None of the euros would do as good as he's...

None of the euros would do as good as he's doing over there over here. It's still a 2nd class racing league compared to the Ama nationals.
Oh my fucking lord, It's back...Please someone do something about Zook11. He shows no respect and taunt's people. What the FUCK?
Lucifa.
3/29/2015 3:10pm
gnarwhip wrote:
zook11 wrote:

And getting his ass whooped by those 2nd class racers!
ML512
Fantasy
36th
3/29/2015 3:11pm
zook11 wrote:

You honestly have no class at all.....
3/29/2015 3:14pm
ML512 wrote:
He is a troll. Dont feed them i guess !
Settle down folks.

It's nothing a pre-paid phone card for daily Aldon pep talks won't cure.

You guys act like the fat lady has already sung and the trophy has been awarded.
Crush wrote:
Some of you blokes need to calm down. Both sides! There are 30 more motos over 6 months and RV is down 17 points to Cairoli...
Some of you blokes need to calm down. Both sides!

There are 30 more motos over 6 months and RV is down 17 points to Cairoli and a few more to two blokes who haven't finished a MXGP season in forever if they have... Nothing is settled. Nothing.
Well said !
500guy
3/29/2015 3:15pm
zook11 wrote:

ML512 wrote:
You have the power to fix that, =)
Paw Paw 271
3/29/2015 3:17pm
I was happy to see that Ryan has moved up in the standings to 4th. He is headed in the right direction and the goal is not out of reach by a long shot.

Paw Paw

Post a reply to: What's eating Ryan Villopoto?

The Latest