What's eating Ryan Villopoto?

SquidBro
3/29/2015 1:07pm Edited Date/Time 4/4/2015 3:52pm
Is he the same rider that we saw at home?

Is it the bike?

Is it fitness?

Is it semi retirement?

Is it the Euros, they really are crazy fast!

Whatever it is the GPs are now looking better than ever!

Thank you Ryan......and the 3rd world Euros......
|
gnarwhip
3/29/2015 1:16pm
Probably the major knee surgery he had recently which made him sit out for a very long time
SquidBro
3/29/2015 1:21pm
So he's not at race speed after a long lay out, in theory he should pick it up as the season progresses then.
PastranaWho
3/29/2015 1:24pm
He did good second moto , the guy is a beast and will only get better. Its a whole new racing world for him and of course give credit to tougher competition.
St Ann More
3/29/2015 1:31pm
Don't ruin it for them, they need excuses man!

The Shop

SquidBro
3/29/2015 1:41pm
Well brosephs I shall be sporting a picture of Nagl for the next Gp then.!
3/29/2015 1:44pm
I think his bike is still too stiff, and somewhat the long layoff hurt but the real bottom line is that the GP riders are very, very fast and extremely talented, especially the top 5. RV knew that before he went over there, and so did any real fan of the sport.
wreckitrandy
3/29/2015 1:48pm
Maybe his wife really, really likes the beard?
Rowlands
3/29/2015 1:48pm
Like I said front the beginning
Pressure
Change of atmosphere
Long time not racing
3/29/2015 1:50pm
Bike & time of the bike, its only the what third round.. He needs more time , the second moto showed quality. Its not like he is doing as bad as Paulin or Horeebek for example. He already won a overall. Jesus calm down people, its not like 2005 when carmichael put a clinic to everyone, The europeans are fast and RV needs to learn that style of racing nothing else. He be fine its a long season, look ac crashed thats how fast things can change
Tumic
3/29/2015 1:58pm
With his line choices he must run twice the lenght than all the other guys, he is all over the place, and often, not gaining anything of it.
You can se him being top 5 in the first turn and then 10th in the third turn. Gotta stop opening the door in the first corners of the race.
zook11
3/29/2015 1:59pm
gnarwhip wrote:
Probably the major knee surgery he had recently which made him sit out for a very long time
Yup. That and not racing MX in 2 years. Along with new teams and new tracks.

None of the euros would do as good as he's doing over there over here. It's still a 2nd class racing league compared to the Ama nationals.
zook11
3/29/2015 1:59pm
Tumic wrote:
With his line choices he must run twice the lenght than all the other guys, he is all over the place, and often, not gaining anything...
With his line choices he must run twice the lenght than all the other guys, he is all over the place, and often, not gaining anything of it.
You can se him being top 5 in the first turn and then 10th in the third turn. Gotta stop opening the door in the first corners of the race.
This also
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3092nd
3/29/2015 2:01pm Edited Date/Time 4/3/2015 1:02pm
By not dominating, there's something wrong with him?

Who would be naive enough to believe that someone could hop over to a new series, race in new countries & tracks, on a new team & new bike (essentially,) after coming back from a major knee injury and not having had raced Motocross in 1 year, 6 months and 4 days (Lake Elsinore National on 8/24/2013) against riders who've been doing this for years.

Just to be competitive at this point is pretty badass. If you rewatch some of the 450 outdoor nationals in the past, RV didn't exactly set the world on fire the first couple rounds. He's getting way too over-analyzed right now. Wink

TeamGreen
3/29/2015 2:02pm
They didn't have the correct Honey for his morning coffee; so, he was off in the morning & loosened up as the day wore on.

The problem has been corrected & he'll be fine for the next race.

Also, The Sky is Falling.
3/29/2015 2:02pm
Rewindcaz wrote:
By not dominating, there's something wrong with him? Who would be naive enough to believe that someone could hop over to a new series, race in...
By not dominating, there's something wrong with him?

Who would be naive enough to believe that someone could hop over to a new series, race in new countries & tracks, on a new team & new bike (essentially,) after coming back from a major knee injury and not having had raced Motocross in 1 year, 6 months and 4 days (Lake Elsinore National on 8/24/2013) against riders who've been doing this for years.

Just to be competitive at this point is pretty badass. If you rewatch some of the 450 outdoor nationals in the past, RV didn't exactly set the world on fire the first couple rounds. He's getting way too over-analyzed right now. Wink

well said !
3/29/2015 2:03pm
gnarwhip wrote:
zook11 wrote:
Yup. That and not racing MX in 2 years. Along with new teams and new tracks. None of the euros would do as good as he's...

None of the euros would do as good as he's doing over there over here. It's still a 2nd class racing league compared to the Ama nationals.
It's looking like if anything the nationals are the second class series. RV is the best AMA racer. He has been for the past 5 years. He's a top 5 guy in the GP's.
TeamGreen
3/29/2015 2:05pm
Some of you guys live in a static state; yet, it's a dynamic world.

Therefore, you're never gonna get it.
3/29/2015 2:06pm
I said "if anything"

It was a response to zook's bullshit.
c130
3/29/2015 2:06pm
zook11 wrote:
Yup. That and not racing MX in 2 years. Along with new teams and new tracks. None of the euros would do as good as he's...

Vi-tard!! You obviously don't remember when CD25 went over for a race, with no testing etc and finished second place? Also, the current ama outdoor champ is a euro.
edgo897
3/29/2015 2:07pm
We didn't send our best guy. Dungy would smoke that field
3/29/2015 2:07pm
Dry Paint wrote:
It's looking like if anything the nationals are the second class series. RV is the best AMA racer. He has been for the past 5 years...
It's looking like if anything the nationals are the second class series. RV is the best AMA racer. He has been for the past 5 years. He's a top 5 guy in the GP's.
You cant compare two different series. Desalles results are just the same when he comes to USA ? Its been 3 rounds RV already have one overall. When the series is over you can judge.
3/29/2015 2:08pm
Dry Paint wrote:
It's looking like if anything the nationals are the second class series. RV is the best AMA racer. He has been for the past 5 years...
You cant compare two different series. Desalles results are just the same when he comes to USA ? Its been 3 rounds RV already have one...
You cant compare two different series. Desalles results are just the same when he comes to USA ? Its been 3 rounds RV already have one overall. When the series is over you can judge.
You are comparing a guy showing up for a one off race with a guy who was fully invested to race a series.
Old Mate
3/29/2015 2:08pm
Styles are different from AMA to Europe and tracks cut up different, some times Villo will be just to fast, sometimes he will struggle to adapt to the conditions.
3/29/2015 2:09pm
I dont compare shit, i just said that you cant compare, when this season is over people can start to trashtalk. Its far from over. Ryan wont get worse he will learn and to me the second moto was just fine.
Fat Fingers
3/29/2015 2:10pm
If you look at the schedule, I think he just needs to hang in there. That 2nd moto was tight and really any of the top 5 could have won it. I would expect him to pick things up in May when the schedule gets a bit tighter and he gets more used to the GP scene. In saying that, he has a tough couple of races coming up, Valkenswaard will be very challenging.
3/29/2015 2:11pm
That's fine... I truly believe he needed to take advantage of these fly away races when the GP regulars were more out of their element. Today and last week were the only truly "neutral" tracks
zehn
3/29/2015 2:12pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 2:13pm
gnarwhip wrote:
zook11 wrote:

"It's still a 2nd class racing league compared to the Ama nationals"

I think it's clear that that is not true. If it were, he'd be going 1-1 every weekend. You sound like a fool every time you say something like that.
3/29/2015 2:12pm
Dry Paint wrote:
That's fine... I truly believe he needed to take advantage of these fly away races when the GP regulars were more out of their element. Today...
That's fine... I truly believe he needed to take advantage of these fly away races when the GP regulars were more out of their element. Today and last week were the only truly "neutral" tracks
But what people dont seem to understand, when did Ryan race outdoors? It was a long time ago, and no matter how much you practice racing is a different animal. Its not like he is at 12th place, he will learn. People writing like he is getting killed, that second moto and a overall already shows me he is fine , he just need to fine tune and get things going earlier in the moto, like he used to do back home !
Rick M.
3/29/2015 2:13pm
I think we've learned two things so far in the GP's. 1st. RV will be very fast, and will become fast and click moto wins off in rounds to come (learning curve). 2nd. Cairolli is very beatable and has shown weakness.
3/29/2015 2:14pm
Rick M. wrote:
I think we've learned two things so far in the GP's. 1st. RV will be very fast, and will become fast and click moto wins off...
I think we've learned two things so far in the GP's. 1st. RV will be very fast, and will become fast and click moto wins off in rounds to come (learning curve). 2nd. Cairolli is very beatable and has shown weakness.
He's been off his game and yet he's still finished ahead of RV in all but one moto. Weird. Imagine when he turns it up.

Post a reply to: What's eating Ryan Villopoto?

The Latest