What would James have done?

nc97
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:31pm
If the roles and the points had been the other way? I say Reed would have been picking his bike up off the dirt. Whistling
|
Void Main
5/3/2009 8:17pm
Where's crash82 when ya need him? He already explained all this crap.
BobbyM
5/3/2009 8:17pm
nc97 wrote:
If the roles and the points had been the other way? I say Reed would have been picking his bike up off the dirt. Whistling
probably...sweepers are not the place to put somebody on the ground though. bowl turns or rutted turns are much better.
GoRide2
5/3/2009 8:19pm
nc97 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
probably...sweepers are not the place to put somebody on the ground though. bowl turns or rutted turns are much better.
I don't think he was trying to take him out. He was trying to rattle him a little.
BobbyM
5/3/2009 8:20pm
nc97 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
GoRide2 wrote:
I don't think he was trying to take him out. He was trying to rattle him a little.
yup...i agree. you need to hit a tire usually...preferably the front

The Shop

gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/3/2009 8:21pm
I think he was trying to knock him down and would hope James would do the same for a Championship.
nc97
5/3/2009 8:23pm
I didn't say it would have been in the same spot. I think Stewart would have been a lot more successful
RandyS
5/3/2009 9:06pm
Reed was trying to piss him off and make him come back after him(Reed). It worked for a lap or two but I bet the board said to stop. I don't think Reed expected Stewart to blow though the tuff blocks at all.
Wolfman
5/3/2009 9:14pm
nc97 wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
GoRide2 wrote:
Bam. that is what I thought too.
5/3/2009 9:21pm
I'm a new Reed fan...he has heart and think about it...he IS racing against the fastest man on the planet! I hope Reed takes an outdoor title and the supercross title in 2010.
Whitey
5/3/2009 9:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/3/2009 9:28pm
nc97 wrote:
James would have used his faveourite and jumped across the front of whoever he was trying to takeout over the triples. Or just landed on them.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/3/2009 9:46pm
nc97 wrote:
Whitey wrote:
James would have used his faveourite and jumped across the front of whoever he was trying to takeout over the triples. Or just landed on them.
Lame
sxfan1
5/3/2009 9:46pm
nc97 wrote:
Whitey wrote:
Loser! James is the champ!!!!! JS1 TO CR22
Uncleof2
5/3/2009 11:59pm
sxfan1 wrote:
Loser! James is the champ!!!!! JS1 TO CR22
That is correct, now james has tied CR22 in SX championships.
5/6/2009 5:45pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
I think he was trying to knock him down and would hope James would do the same for a Championship.
he said he wasnt trying too.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2452nd
5/6/2009 5:53pm
gsxrcr28 wrote:
745. wrote:
he said he wasnt trying too.
There that's settled then.
jammin76tx
5/6/2009 5:56pm
With 62 responses to the survey, Vital MX says:

6. Did Chad Reed try to take out James Stewart at Las Vegas?
Hell yes! 24
No, just a love tap. 38
LarryB
5/6/2009 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 4/16/2016 11:47pm
I don't care what anyone says. When we got the bike back to the shop the disc cover had black rubber all over the bottom of it from Reed's tire. So out the window with your, you have to hit a rider in the wheel because that happened so I guess he was trying to take James out, right?

Oh let me guess Chad Reed would never do that, even thou you saw him cut over of Stewart as James was letting him by? Think what you want, but Chad Reed is as dirty of a rider as they come. He was just not as fast as James. What did Reed have 3 wins to Stewart's 11 wins. Yea that's pretty close.......NOT.

Yea that's right, I'm going to say what I feel.
GoRide2
5/6/2009 6:19pm
LarryB wrote:
I don't care what anyone says. When we got the bike back to the shop the disc cover had black rubber all over the bottom of...
I don't care what anyone says. When we got the bike back to the shop the disc cover had black rubber all over the bottom of it from Reed's tire. So out the window with your, you have to hit a rider in the wheel because that happened so I guess he was trying to take James out, right?

Oh let me guess Chad Reed would never do that, even thou you saw him cut over of Stewart as James was letting him by? Think what you want, but Chad Reed is as dirty of a rider as they come. He was just not as fast as James. What did Reed have 3 wins to Stewart's 11 wins. Yea that's pretty close.......NOT.

If you are the master of "telling it like it is" than why not just come out and say that you called for that chicken shit at SLC because we all know that you did.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/6/2009 6:21pm Edited Date/Time 5/6/2009 6:24pm
GoRide2 wrote:
If you are the master of "telling it like it is" than why not just come out and say that you called for that chicken shit...
If you are the master of "telling it like it is" than why not just come out and say that you called for that chicken shit at SLC because we all know that you did.
Congratulations. That was your last post here. You just became, "Remember when whatshisname used to post stupid stuff here?"

Hope you enjoy the next board you post on.
eurohero
5/6/2009 6:22pm
LarryB wrote:
I don't care what anyone says. When we got the bike back to the shop the disc cover had black rubber all over the bottom of...

Tool Alert Tool Alert. The disc had black rubber on it, big deal. It could happen on the start, the first turn or when Stewart came down into Reed while being passed. Congrats to Stewart, he won, he did not need any "help" or tactics, but in all honestly, look at the difference between the championship hey won previously. Him and the team did it with class. Your supposed "choke out" is about as accurate as black rubber on the disc. Go away with your drama, you're making Stewart look bad.
rc4187
5/6/2009 6:22pm
LarryB wrote:

are you saying that if roles were reversed stewart would not have made the same attempt? i think he would... and i would applaud him for it. at least it was reed that hit him and not alessi.. just sayin'.
Cygnus
5/6/2009 6:25pm
GoRide2 wrote:
If you are the master of "telling it like it is" than why not just come out and say that you called for that chicken shit...
GuyB wrote:
Congratulations. That was your last post here. You just became, "Remember when whatshisname used to post stupid stuff here?"Hope you enjoy the next board you post...
Congratulations. That was your last post here. You just became, "Remember when whatshisname used to post stupid stuff here?"

Hope you enjoy the next board you post on.
TJ 755
5/6/2009 6:25pm
It's pretty obvious James turned into Chad after he already saw him going by thus making Reed look like the bad guy. That was the worst slow race I've seen since Larry Ward at the Kingdome. Wink
LarryB
5/6/2009 6:26pm
Because Kyle really made a mistake and everyone blew it out of the water. Do you think James needed help to win that race or any race? The answer is no. You guys sound like a broken record and it's getting old talking about this over and over. FIM reviewed the tape and didn't even say they were sure Kyle had done it on purpose, but all the fans say it was on purpose. I'll give you the address to my shop and you can come over here and explain to me how you know it was Kyle's fault. Other than that drop it.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
5/6/2009 6:26pm
If the roles were reversed, I think James would have found a way to get by. Would it have involved contact? We'll never know.
5/6/2009 6:27pm
Tire to tire contact is risky. If you really want to take someone out, hit 'em in the swingarm ,right behind the footpeg.Whistling
rc4187
5/6/2009 6:28pm
LarryB wrote:
Because Kyle really made a mistake and everyone blew it out of the water. Do you think James needed help to win that race or any...
Because Kyle really made a mistake and everyone blew it out of the water. Do you think James needed help to win that race or any race? The answer is no. You guys sound like a broken record and it's getting old talking about this over and over. FIM reviewed the tape and didn't even say they were sure Kyle had done it on purpose, but all the fans say it was on purpose. I'll give you the address to my shop and you can come over here and explain to me how you know it was Kyle's fault. Other than that drop it.
i don't mean to argue... im not really a contentious person. i realize james does not need help to win races.. but to deny he got help from that incident isn't an intelligent statement either. it's not black and white. reed went from right on rear wheel to not even close after hit. you can say stewart would have won anyway and that's a fair assumption... but you cannot say he definately would have. we were denied the conclusion to a great battle.
5/6/2009 6:29pm
I think CR tried to take out JS....no question about it. Its the only way he could win the title. I mean, JS spotted him an ENTIRE RACE, and CR STILL couldnt get it done for the title....that has to make him mad. Point blank, even earlier in the year when JS was struggling with his bike setup...CR NEVER caught him and pulled on him, and JS did it al year long to Chad. Even in the next to last round, Chad tried to boot Stewart off the track after he passed him. I guess if you cant just straight up beat him, you gotta to what ya gotta do. I lost a lot of respect for CR this year.....and of course, he had to come with the "phantom illness" excuse to justify him getting beaten. CR has to live with the fact that his only championships came when RC and JS were sidelined with injuries. I am pumped he stepped up the speed the past two years to be able to at least keep james honest..... but the last few races I think he lost a lot of respect.

Post a reply to: What would James have done?

The Latest