What we learned in Qatar

philG
Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 2:39pm
Max Nagl is a man in form

Cairoli has more than one person to worry about

RV has dropped the ball with his preseason prep.

Herlings was obviously in a much worse place mentally than we realised.

Qatar is a brutal track.
|
struth
2/28/2015 4:00pm
Agree, what you mean about the herlings thing?
2/28/2015 4:01pm
I don't like night racing.

Max Nagl won.

TC222 rarely wins at the start of the season.

The two Aussies should slow down and actually stay up on two wheels.

I can hardly wait for next weekend, actually this afternoon (SX) and then next weekend.
PastranaWho
2/28/2015 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 4:16pm
Only one i agree on is Qatar track was brutal.

Its the first race dude ,nobody is going all out and risking an injury. Many riders said the track was sketchy and they had to bring it down a bit.
DonM
2/28/2015 4:54pm
Really nothing that most informed fans didn't already know.....

The Shop

seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/28/2015 5:01pm
Easy to make fun of dudes getting emotional but I thought it was cool to see Herlings break down after the race. It's really boring with how fast he goes on that 250f but that emotion showed how he puts his heart/soul into being that damn impressive.
philG
2/28/2015 5:04pm
seth505 wrote:
Easy to make fun of dudes getting emotional but I thought it was cool to see Herlings break down after the race. It's really boring with...
Easy to make fun of dudes getting emotional but I thought it was cool to see Herlings break down after the race. It's really boring with how fast he goes on that 250f but that emotion showed how he puts his heart/soul into being that damn impressive.
i wasnt making fun, i genuinely think he has been in a very dark place since he got hurt, the possibility to fulfill his potential was in the balance, and i think the relief of getting through the weekend and having the speed was more than he really expected.

With his injuries, moving to MX1 this year would have been a mistake.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
2/28/2015 5:11pm
seth505 wrote:
Easy to make fun of dudes getting emotional but I thought it was cool to see Herlings break down after the race. It's really boring with...
philG wrote:
i wasnt making fun, i genuinely think he has been in a very dark place since he got hurt, the possibility to fulfill his potential was...
i wasnt making fun, i genuinely think he has been in a very dark place since he got hurt, the possibility to fulfill his potential was in the balance, and i think the relief of getting through the weekend and having the speed was more than he really expected.

With his injuries, moving to MX1 this year would have been a mistake.
O it didn't come off that way, sorry I wasn't referring to you. I just meant generally, it's easy to make fun of that.
2/28/2015 5:12pm
philG wrote:
Max Nagl is a man in form Cairoli has more than one person to worry about RV has dropped the ball with his preseason prep. Herlings...

Qatar is a brutal track.
Cairoli has done for a while,theirs a lot of good riders in the mx1 all capable of winning (desalle,stribos,nagl,paulin,searle,jvh,rv)
I reckon it will be very close this year.
Mr Bean
2/28/2015 5:40pm
That they should never again hold another GP there.

Ever.

the_wood109
2/28/2015 5:44pm
RV can't afford to have too many races like that. He has to find some speed quick.
DownSouth
2/28/2015 5:44pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 5:45pm
Mr Bean wrote:
That they should never again hold another GP there.

Ever.

As long as the sheiks continue to pay Guiseppe his bribe money Qatar will have a race. At night. With 200 spectators.
slipdog
2/28/2015 5:47pm
struth wrote:
Agree, what you mean about the herlings thing?
Probably referring to the Alessi interview after the race.
andymoto
2/28/2015 6:00pm
Track seemed too WFO and wasn't much passing overall.
Mr Bean
2/28/2015 6:06pm
DownSouth wrote:
As long as the sheiks continue to pay Guiseppe his bribe money Qatar will have a race. At night. With 200 spectators.
200... that got in free.

He's a pimp and is disgracing a once proud series.

MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
2/28/2015 6:17pm
RV can't afford to have too many races like that. He has to find some speed quick.
He had the speed, but he would push and get all kinds of crazy because of his bike setup. It was a wreck. I think he finally got to the point where he knew he couldn't overcome his bikes shortcomings.

Anyone else notice him kick that thing a solid 20 tomes on the gate?!? Then he got pulled a solid 5 bike legnths.... WTF IS GOING ON?!?!? They're works bikes fer christ sakes........ make that bike work Kawi!!!
the_wood109
2/28/2015 6:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 6:22pm
MxKing809 wrote:
He had the speed, but he would push and get all kinds of crazy because of his bike setup. It was a wreck. I think he...
He had the speed, but he would push and get all kinds of crazy because of his bike setup. It was a wreck. I think he finally got to the point where he knew he couldn't overcome his bikes shortcomings.

Anyone else notice him kick that thing a solid 20 tomes on the gate?!? Then he got pulled a solid 5 bike legnths.... WTF IS GOING ON?!?!? They're works bikes fer christ sakes........ make that bike work Kawi!!!
His speed wasn't on par with the guys in front on him. It was better for the first half of the second moto...after that he slowed quite a bit. Even during the first half of the second moto, he was considerably slower than the podium positions.
iBobbyb
2/28/2015 6:26pm
philG wrote:
Max Nagl is a man in form Cairoli has more than one person to worry about RV has dropped the ball with his preseason prep. Herlings...

Qatar is a brutal track.
so we must have learned in RV's last sx championship, that he dropped the ball with his preseason prep. since A1 that year, went worse than this one single race that apparently determined the entire season. AC222 didnt win either. must have dropped the ball with his preseason prep as well.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2475th
2/28/2015 6:33pm
I bet if you ask Nagl if a race should be there each year he would say yes.

1 set of gates, one track same for all, best man on the day wins.

It is called Motocross.
philG
2/28/2015 6:35pm
philG wrote:

Qatar is a brutal track.
iBobbyb wrote:
so we must have learned in RV's last sx championship, that he dropped the ball with his preseason prep. since A1 that year, went worse than...
so we must have learned in RV's last sx championship, that he dropped the ball with his preseason prep. since A1 that year, went worse than this one single race that apparently determined the entire season. AC222 didnt win either. must have dropped the ball with his preseason prep as well.
Cairoli went 4-4... not a lot wrong with that. Nagl is in form, won a moto last year , Paulin is hauling, Desalle is an animal on rouh tracks. AC was in touch . RV got beat by 30+ seconds in 3 races on the bounce . It happens ..

The flip side to this is that RV did absolutely everything right, his bike setup is perfect and 9-8 is where he is at... i dont believe that for a minute.

iBobbyb
2/28/2015 7:06pm
philG wrote:

Qatar is a brutal track.
iBobbyb wrote:
so we must have learned in RV's last sx championship, that he dropped the ball with his preseason prep. since A1 that year, went worse than...
philG wrote:
Cairoli went 4-4... not a lot wrong with that. Nagl is in form, won a moto last year , Paulin is hauling, Desalle is an animal...
Cairoli went 4-4... not a lot wrong with that. Nagl is in form, won a moto last year , Paulin is hauling, Desalle is an animal on rouh tracks. AC was in touch . RV got beat by 30+ seconds in 3 races on the bounce . It happens ..

The flip side to this is that RV did absolutely everything right, his bike setup is perfect and 9-8 is where he is at... i dont believe that for a minute.

cairolli got a good start (first moto at least, havent seen 2nd) and got passed. poto stalled at the gate. and possibly had a rear brake malfunction moto 2. and i wouldnt really consider those excuses, more like justification. not saying he was the fastest, or could have won. but without those problems could have possibly finished a few places higher. so where do you draw the line with there "not being a lot wrong with that", 6-6, 5-5? i dont think its really fair to rv and his team to jump to such conclusions as he dropped the ball on his prep, or should have raced pre season. its only been one race.

but with your flip side, do you think that he did or didnt do everything right before 2014 A1? where he crashed 3 times and finished like 16th.

(and just to be clear, im not intending this to be hostile, just friendly conversation.)
2/28/2015 7:07pm
philG wrote:
Cairoli went 4-4... not a lot wrong with that. Nagl is in form, won a moto last year , Paulin is hauling, Desalle is an animal...

So you honestly think this is RV`s best and he cant rebound? " like he is not good enough for a bloody max nagl?" even do Nagl and the top guys rode awsome RV`s raw speed when he gets up to pace is a speed no one can touch on this planet, contain that speed and have a sucessfull season is a whole other animal. It will be hard.
2/28/2015 7:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 7:21pm
"Cairoli went 4-4... not a lot wrong with that. Nagl is in form, won a moto last year , Paulin is hauling, Desalle is an animal on rouh tracks. AC was in touch . RV got beat by 30+ seconds in 3 races on the bounce . It happens"
Jeremy was having uncomfortable track issues and slowed a bit after a few near get offs,Ferris was struggling the same way, Caroli was the wise Champion and content and left Qatar without braking a sweat, Strijbos was in constant wrist pain and as always a true trooper,Bobryshev was a beat up limping gimp,Philippaerts had his rear wheel self destruct in race 2 and two podium level riders were wounded and DNF'd ( Searle & Frossard) It happens and no excuses were needed or offered.
500guy
2/28/2015 7:14pm
Not sure whats so hard to accept about a 8th and 9th place finish is way below what anyone should call a good day for RV.

I have no idea what the problem was and it wasn't how great the GP riders are, They are great riders but RV is known for being better than that.
philG
2/28/2015 7:24pm
Having a bad day at A1 when you have prepared the same as everyone else is just racing , people crash , people have off days, but when we hear how important it is to train from the end of the outdoors for SX , you would have though that they would have run a program similar to what Paulin and Frossard ran to get them ready for GP's ... they were the only team on the gate that did not do any pre season races...

I dont think its his best , which is why i say that he isnt prepared.. but again 'Bloody Max Nagl ' has a Nations win under his belt since the last time you guys won it , and he has had a 2 year injury run , and goes 1-1 and you still cant show him any respect.

As it stands now, RV has 30 seconds a moto to find, i dont believe for a minute that he wont get better.

But for him to live up to your 'fastest guy on the planet' tag, surely he has to beat a guy in his first 450 race ?

Its one race, (well two) , but they are in Thailand next week, and they need to sort stuff out and fast .
Boarddesign
Fantasy
2069th
2/28/2015 7:34pm
philG wrote:
Having a bad day at A1 when you have prepared the same as everyone else is just racing , people crash , people have off days...
Having a bad day at A1 when you have prepared the same as everyone else is just racing , people crash , people have off days, but when we hear how important it is to train from the end of the outdoors for SX , you would have though that they would have run a program similar to what Paulin and Frossard ran to get them ready for GP's ... they were the only team on the gate that did not do any pre season races...

I dont think its his best , which is why i say that he isnt prepared.. but again 'Bloody Max Nagl ' has a Nations win under his belt since the last time you guys won it , and he has had a 2 year injury run , and goes 1-1 and you still cant show him any respect.

As it stands now, RV has 30 seconds a moto to find, i dont believe for a minute that he wont get better.

But for him to live up to your 'fastest guy on the planet' tag, surely he has to beat a guy in his first 450 race ?

Its one race, (well two) , but they are in Thailand next week, and they need to sort stuff out and fast .
No panic BRO.. He will be fine.

Nagl killed it.
the_wood109
2/28/2015 7:36pm
philG wrote:
Having a bad day at A1 when you have prepared the same as everyone else is just racing , people crash , people have off days...

They are using your intellectual honesty to troll the shit out of you. You're actually giving RV some breathing room there by taking the position that he wasn't prepared. People are taking that as a hard lined GP fanatic, which you are not. They either don't get what you are saying or are purposely manipulating what you are saying to piss you off.
Falcon
Fantasy
856th
2/28/2015 7:37pm
Let me say I respect Max Nagl a ton. I guarantee DeSalle, Cairoli, and yes, Villopoto do too.

c_dub
2/28/2015 7:51pm
philG wrote:

Qatar is a brutal track.
I didn't really want to even get into all this RV/G.P. nonsense but I think his preseason prep. is actually spot on. He is living and training in Europe. He wants to do good on the European tracks which is where the majority of the races are run. And where the championship will be won or lost. So I don't really thinks he cares too much how he does on these one-off type of events like Qatar. Just my opinion of course. I could be wrong (rarely happens though Wink ).
2/28/2015 8:07pm
philG wrote:

Qatar is a brutal track.
c_dub wrote:
I didn't really want to even get into all this RV/G.P. nonsense but I think his preseason prep. is actually spot on. He is living and...
I didn't really want to even get into all this RV/G.P. nonsense but I think his preseason prep. is actually spot on. He is living and training in Europe. He wants to do good on the European tracks which is where the majority of the races are run. And where the championship will be won or lost. So I don't really thinks he cares too much how he does on these one-off type of events like Qatar. Just my opinion of course. I could be wrong (rarely happens though Wink ).
I heard something about he did his setup work in the States? Going into a season of the unknown without adhering to the type of preseason prep that the Big Boys you will compete against have developed specifically for their series is utter stupidity. If his "electronic???" problem or his "Rear Brake ???" problem or his " Nerves???" problem or any of the other upcoming problem excuses that will surface had been addressed in a actual preseason competition they would have been worked out by the start of the GP season. I'm not too sure about RV's strategy of returning to the European tracks being 75 points or more behind.before hitting the real tracks that will swallow you up and spit you out in a heartbeat, I could be wrong though Wink

Post a reply to: What we learned in Qatar

The Latest