What really happend to RD's bike...

8/31/2011 12:03pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
every rider has 2 bikes....usually 3
I don't know if every privateer has 2 or 3, but in the case they did, I still don't see it financially possible because now you have to haul more equipment, parts, etc which in the end costs more money
Kryan5
8/31/2011 12:16pm
I can def. attest to the fact that a lot of true privateers do not have back up bikes. I like that rule. Alot of things put the privateers at a disadvantage. This is not one of them. Leave that the way it is. And yes a lot of other motorsports do allow backups, but name one of those motorsports that if a guy has the talent and "1" ride can go make the big show. Don't punch our already hurting sport!
KAWboy14
8/31/2011 12:35pm
how many privateers have missed the race because their bike wont start? easy rule....you can have 2 bikes their if you want 2, if not show up with 1. Honestly a privateer that is at a national and only has 1 bike....isnt making money racing anyway, he is doing it because he loves racing!
8/31/2011 12:56pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
how many privateers have missed the race because their bike wont start? easy rule....you can have 2 bikes their if you want 2, if not show...
how many privateers have missed the race because their bike wont start? easy rule....you can have 2 bikes their if you want 2, if not show up with 1. Honestly a privateer that is at a national and only has 1 bike....isnt making money racing anyway, he is doing it because he loves racing!
The problem with this is that I highly doubt that privateers wouldn't want to have 2 bikes...its that I think they can't afford them

Therefore it wouldn't be "fair" because they don't have all their bikes, gears, etc paid for by sponsors.

The Shop

FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
8/31/2011 1:23pm Edited Date/Time 8/31/2011 1:53pm
So, I went back and read the interview again. Goose ultimately explains that the bike was running when the first call for staging came. It was shut down, and then wouldn't start for Ryan, and it came down to a stator problem.

Before that Basher leads him into an exchange about how changes to accomodate the TV schedule have shortened the time to work on the bikes.

But wasn't the bike ready when the call went, and then had an electrical component fail? What does the TV schedule have to do with that? If they had had five hours between motos and the bike was running when the staging call went, how would it have changed things?
TeamGreen
8/31/2011 1:49pm
DC wrote:
Sticking to the same schedule we've always had isn't really my fault, but I will take some of the blame for the TV package. There is...
Sticking to the same schedule we've always had isn't really my fault, but I will take some of the blame for the TV package.

There is no 2-minute rule, and the bike wasn't on the line anyway. I am sure the officials decided it better to start on time rather than make the other 39 guys sit there in the rain....

Wait, I can't win.

DC
MX Sports
newmann wrote:
The fact that after everything was said and done Suzuki still doesn't know what went wrong with the bike yet they know throwing DC under the...
The fact that after everything was said and done Suzuki still doesn't know what went wrong with the bike yet they know throwing DC under the bus will definitely make things better.Wink
I wonder how much work had to go into Reed's, Barcia's...Villo's bikes...etc. to turn them around between motos?

Also, seems to me it is SUBSTANTIALLY HARDER to turn the Lites-Bikes around between the 1st & 2nd motos...ESPECIALLY at this race in these conditions.

Btw, so that everyone knows...in most cases...

After a race like this...the bike is toast. It's a "practice/parts" bike at best...I'm thinking about the privateers on this issue. If you do "rebuild" it...u better have plenty of sponsors.
TeamGreen
8/31/2011 1:55pm
KAWboy14 wrote:
how many privateers have missed the race because their bike wont start? easy rule....you can have 2 bikes their if you want 2, if not show...
The problem with this is that I highly doubt that privateers wouldn't want to have 2 bikes...its that I think they can't afford them Therefore it...
The problem with this is that I highly doubt that privateers wouldn't want to have 2 bikes...its that I think they can't afford them

Therefore it wouldn't be "fair" because they don't have all their bikes, gears, etc paid for by sponsors.
You're right! It ain't cheap & it ain't easy.

Just for Pala... -1- rider...

2 '11-12 YZ450's
2 weeks of testing/development
Pipes
Suspension
Tires
Tank(s)
Chains
Brakes
Clamps
Sprkts (lots)
Plastic
Bars
Grips
Graphics
Glides, Grds, etc.
Engine Build
Race Fuel
Travel-Hotel, Flts, Cars, meals
Etc., etc., etc. ...
CamP
8/31/2011 2:30pm
The 2 bike thing might actually help level the playing field. The big teams only have X amount of dollars to build each bike. If they wanted to provide 2 race bikes for every rider on the team, that extra money won't just appear out of thin air so the team would only have 1/2(X) dollars to build each bike, which would result in a factory race bike that was closer to what the average privateer normally races.
TeamGreen
8/31/2011 2:35pm
CamP wrote:
The 2 bike thing might actually help level the playing field. The big teams only have X amount of dollars to build each bike. If they...
The 2 bike thing might actually help level the playing field. The big teams only have X amount of dollars to build each bike. If they wanted to provide 2 race bikes for every rider on the team, that extra money won't just appear out of thin air so the team would only have 1/2(X) dollars to build each bike, which would result in a factory race bike that was closer to what the average privateer normally races.
Our program for Pala is based on a lot of experience...

There's way too much time and money invested to gamble it all on one bike; besides, test/practice/develop on the 1st bike...keeping it up and in excellent shape the entire time...and build the race-bike based on all the findings from bike #1.

Cheaper, cost effective...there's always "spares" around.
aztecmx
8/31/2011 3:40pm
Caption time: [img]https://www.ftemoto.com/MX/Southwick11/images/misc_stusiakA15F0735.jpg[/img] "Missed you by that much"
Caption time:

"Missed you by that much"
GuyB, any comments on this event? Must have been mighty exciting. I mean you're a big dude, Goose was without helmet. A nasty or even mild get-off could have easily cost Goose his life due to brain trauma. And depending on how you might have deflected off the quickly moving ~ 400 lb projectile (bike and Goose) we could have had Goose and the pate'.

Pardon me if you have written about it or did an interview about it already - just point me to where I can read all about it! It seems damn interesting.

And, I think I can speak for 99% of the folks here, we're glad nothing happened to you or Goose. Both good men trying to do their job.
Hoov
8/31/2011 4:55pm
If it hadn't been for Gibby in the way...the bike would have gotten to Dungey that much quicker...hell, he'd of probably got up to 4th or 5th....DAMN YOU GUYB!!! Woohoo
Scooby
8/31/2011 5:32pm
Caption time: [img]https://www.ftemoto.com/MX/Southwick11/images/misc_stusiakA15F0735.jpg[/img] "Missed you by that much"
Caption time:

GuyB- "What makes you think I won't cut you?"

Goose- "uhhh, I'm just gonna go over there."
MXR
8/31/2011 6:03pm
Caption time:

Goose : I try to eliminate the Gremlins and keep that thing from taking a shit .

GuyB : I try to eliminate the Trolls and keep them from starting shit .
Gilletty
9/1/2011 2:31am
Camp332 wrote:
Yea, that is going to ruffle some Euro feathers. It's a true statement though.
ktm212 wrote:
if u believe that you are a complete fucktard. Dungey's style is pretty effortless and he does nothing to overly abuse the bike while riding, maybe...
if u believe that you are a complete fucktard. Dungey's style is pretty effortless and he does nothing to overly abuse the bike while riding, maybe if you threw JB17 on a 350 i'd agree he might be a little extra hard but if they can keep a honda 250f under him with the POS valve train a ktm will be fine
nytsmaC wrote:
If "u" believe that you are a complete fucktard. That bike is getting abused 99.9% of the time that Dungey is on it.
Braking a little later and getting on the gas a little earlier and carrying more corner speed doesn't really equate to "abusing" the bike more.
nytsmaC
9/1/2011 2:37pm
ktm212 wrote:
if u believe that you are a complete fucktard. Dungey's style is pretty effortless and he does nothing to overly abuse the bike while riding, maybe...
if u believe that you are a complete fucktard. Dungey's style is pretty effortless and he does nothing to overly abuse the bike while riding, maybe if you threw JB17 on a 350 i'd agree he might be a little extra hard but if they can keep a honda 250f under him with the POS valve train a ktm will be fine
nytsmaC wrote:
If "u" believe that you are a complete fucktard. That bike is getting abused 99.9% of the time that Dungey is on it.
Gilletty wrote:
Braking a little later and getting on the gas a little earlier and carrying more corner speed doesn't really equate to "abusing" the bike more.
You're right. That bike doesn't see any hard miles.

Post a reply to: What really happend to RD's bike...

The Latest