What is wrong with SX??

mauidex
Edited Date/Time 5/10/2015 8:14am
I'm serious...........what is the problem?? Just because Dung wrapped title up with consistency as main rivals knocked themselves out early or several times???

Live TV................most rounds have good or exceptional attendance............is Monster complaining or Feld???

Seriously don't understand what the problems really are aside from the usual one of really no cash below top 10 guys
|
Starcrossed
5/8/2015 11:15am
Purses could be higher and cover the entire field in both classes. Let's make it worth it for the top talent to come out and race these events.
Motofinne
5/8/2015 11:37am
It gets boring. Every year i get tired of SX when we are 11-12 round in to the series, it's the same thing week in week out. I feel like the tracks and the TV guys make it very monotone, that's where i would want to see some change!
IWreckALot
5/8/2015 11:49am
Motofinne wrote:
It gets boring. Every year i get tired of SX when we are 11-12 round in to the series, it's the same thing week in week...
It gets boring. Every year i get tired of SX when we are 11-12 round in to the series, it's the same thing week in week out. I feel like the tracks and the TV guys make it very monotone, that's where i would want to see some change!
Can you give more specific examples of what you would like to see?

Not trying to bash you, but sometimes when I read comments about someone complaining about this or that, you don't see a solution.

What would hold your attention for the full season? I think the main problem is that we're the "core crowd" and what would make things more interesting for us, doesn't work for the "common crowd". The one thing that would hold more people's attention is keeping the points closer. But the problem with that is you'd have to handicap the top guys to make it possible for the rest of the field to catch up. It's not a real preferential solution.

I don't have any problem with suggesting improvements but don't suggest short sighted solutions. I think the points reset is a really short sighted solution BTW.
mxpro252
5/8/2015 12:05pm
I get bored of watching the top guys doing the same thing through every section, every lap, every weekend. Kinda the same reason i dont like Nascar, but at least theres a lot of strategy in Nascar. What would make SX more interesting to me isnt feasible (back to two-strokes, slower bikes, less bike technology, etc..) so i dont have much for suggestions since its nearly impossible at this point to make a major change. It’s hard to reverse the current momentum of the sport and I don’t think it’s going in a direction conducive to entertaining racing going forward.

The Shop

Motofinne
5/8/2015 1:02pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Can you give more specific examples of what you would like to see? Not trying to bash you, but sometimes when I read comments about someone...
Can you give more specific examples of what you would like to see?

Not trying to bash you, but sometimes when I read comments about someone complaining about this or that, you don't see a solution.

What would hold your attention for the full season? I think the main problem is that we're the "core crowd" and what would make things more interesting for us, doesn't work for the "common crowd". The one thing that would hold more people's attention is keeping the points closer. But the problem with that is you'd have to handicap the top guys to make it possible for the rest of the field to catch up. It's not a real preferential solution.

I don't have any problem with suggesting improvements but don't suggest short sighted solutions. I think the points reset is a really short sighted solution BTW.
The point system is fine, and sx as a sport would in my opinion be destroyed IF the top guys would be cruising the 10 first rounds and the no risks and jump to 100% the last 7 rounds. I would not watch sx anymore If that would become reality.

My problem with the tracks is that i feel like they are all the same. Motocross is so much more interesting with the different tracks.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2364th
5/8/2015 1:07pm
I love it. Smile
I love the Outdoors also. Smile
NotCore
5/8/2015 1:12pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 1:14pm
Motofinne wrote:
It gets boring. Every year i get tired of SX when we are 11-12 round in to the series, it's the same thing week in week...
I know what you mean here, but I think that's a function of too many races in the SX series rather than the competition or the format. It's grueling and guys get hurt, guys get beat down mentally and the competition peters out as the class is sorted. Ideally there would be about twelve SX races for these guys and a longer break before MX. But the series is based on capitalism and I don't see any change in the schedule on the horizon.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/8/2015 1:19pm
Make the tracks more 80s and 90s styled. Instead of using a wall to slow lap times make the woops taller and further apart. Peak the landings. Take out the burms, let grooves develop. Put both classes on 250s.

Pay a percentage of the door to the riders based on year end points.
Outsider
5/8/2015 1:26pm
Motofinne wrote:
Monotone is Paul Malin.
hillbilly
5/8/2015 1:32pm
When 90 million people are jobless ,others with jobs living paycheck to paycheck. It is going to put a hit on attendance,just
ask nascar.
h&m_cycle
5/8/2015 1:38pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 1:40pm
You want more cash for all the riders, why we got to have 40 riders in Supercross? Put a 10 second rule in, You got to be
within 10 seconds of fast time in each class to race.

Or make it 8 seconds within fast time.

The ones left to race get all the money.

Moose turned 1:08's in Vegas... There were riders in the 1:40 range... 32 seconds a lap slower.

If it only makes 20 riders so be it, Road to supercross did this.

Motofinne
5/8/2015 1:40pm
Outsider wrote:
Monotone is Paul Malin.
Well he is way better than the SX guys. Weege and GL is the best partnership in my opinion.
Outsider
5/8/2015 1:44pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 1:45pm
Motofinne wrote:
Well he is way better than the SX guys. Weege and GL is the best partnership in my opinion.
Agree about Weege, but I think Fro does a pretty good job... Ralph is Ralph but I can't imagine trying to fill all that time with something to say. I would be done after about a minute and half..lol
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
5/8/2015 1:46pm
What is wrong with it? Nothing that wouldn't be cured by an influx of fans that realize how hard it is to win the title in its current format. Unsure
hillbilly
5/8/2015 1:48pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
You want more cash for all the riders, why we got to have 40 riders in Supercross? Put a 10 second rule in, You got to...
You want more cash for all the riders, why we got to have 40 riders in Supercross? Put a 10 second rule in, You got to be
within 10 seconds of fast time in each class to race.

Or make it 8 seconds within fast time.

The ones left to race get all the money.

Moose turned 1:08's in Vegas... There were riders in the 1:40 range... 32 seconds a lap slower.

If it only makes 20 riders so be it, Road to supercross did this.

Before timed qualifications there was a different scene in the pits .

Day heats had full gates mostly and more talent made it to 7pm imo.

The powers seemed to make it hard on the privateer,sticking them in the corner,not letting a vehicle in,so bike gear and toolbox were scattered.

I think the change was to make the pits look better but also sent a lot of good riders away.
Spartacus
5/8/2015 1:52pm
Skittles.

I can make it about 3 laps before I go organize my sock drawer. In general, I'm not much of a spectator though.
Brad460
Fantasy
736th
5/8/2015 1:56pm
The real question should be - What's wrong with some of you people on vitalmx..

Complainers always complain..about everything.

Supercross kicks azz Cool
jonesaustin
5/8/2015 1:56pm
let people login to a GoPro attached to any rider so they can first hand witness the race, live. just reposition the camera to show the front fender so you get the feeling of being on the machine... the mx games don't get this somehow.
jonesaustin
5/8/2015 1:59pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 1:59pm
also, bring back WORKS bikes. and i don't mean GP works (yawn) but truly radical, WORKS machines.
5/8/2015 2:03pm Edited Date/Time 5/8/2015 2:04pm
mauidex wrote:
I'm serious...........what is the problem?? Just because Dung wrapped title up with consistency as main rivals knocked themselves out early or several times??? Live TV................most rounds...
I'm serious...........what is the problem?? Just because Dung wrapped title up with consistency as main rivals knocked themselves out early or several times???

Live TV................most rounds have good or exceptional attendance............is Monster complaining or Feld???

Seriously don't understand what the problems really are aside from the usual one of really no cash below top 10 guys
No money in the purses.

All the tracks are essentially the same with little to differentiate them other than Daytona - even that is now watered down. Zero imagination.

The TV coverage is OK, if you've never swung a leg over a dirt bike, otherwise the commentary and use of time (read, the Social Media BS) is terrible.

Point structure is stale.

The series is too long. Make it 12 rounds and give these guys some time off.

Oh, first ever post, finally registered to the Vital Circus.

5/8/2015 2:11pm
With more mains, there would not be such a focus on starts, as Jake Weimer said recently on Pulp.
With a 20-lap main, a guy that is half a second faster per lap has a 10-second lead at the end.
Three ten-lap mains is a good one. Yes, it takes away the physical training aspect but Supercross is not an endurance sport. Nobody comes to a SX to marvel over the rider's physical endurance. I don't think any event that takes 15 minutes can qualify as an endurance sport.
They come for tight racing, daredevil jumping and aggressive riding.

Most races are over after 5-10 laps. I could count the number of last lap battles on one hand over the last five years.
Also, structure it so it's mathematically impossible to win with three races left. That just turns it into an exhibition race, or someting that feels very much like an exhibition race.
jonesaustin
5/8/2015 2:26pm
Also you could have a 2nd, in tandem championship for who has the fastest avg laptimes after lap 2 (so pileups don't influence this). fastest guy doesn't always win the Championship and this would allow them to win a secondary, but still legit "fastest" title.
Fat Fingers
5/8/2015 2:31pm
Too many rounds and not enough breaks in the schedule helps to line Felds wallet at the expense of riders career longevity.

Also, more often than not it screws up the outdoor season by injuring many of the top riders. This year there were really only 2 survivors Dungey and Tomac.

5/8/2015 2:38pm
GuyB wrote:
What is wrong with it? Nothing that wouldn't be cured by an influx of fans that realize how hard it is to win the title in...
What is wrong with it? Nothing that wouldn't be cured by an influx of fans that realize how hard it is to win the title in its current format. Unsure
Said fans will need disposable income with which to purchase said tickets.

We people with jobs and good incomes tend to focus on others on our level and those higher up.

Below us is a fucking cesspool of ignorance, thug life, and a focus on celebrities instead of family.

But it may be that fans don't realize how hard the title is to win. Huh
tmx860
5/8/2015 2:46pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Make the tracks more 80s and 90s styled. Instead of using a wall to slow lap times make the woops taller and further apart. Peak the...
Make the tracks more 80s and 90s styled. Instead of using a wall to slow lap times make the woops taller and further apart. Peak the landings. Take out the burms, let grooves develop. Put both classes on 250s.

Peak the landings? Isn't that what everyone was complaining about a few weeks ago when Canard and Weimer crashed?
PEPE001
5/8/2015 2:55pm
also, bring back WORKS bikes. and i don't mean GP works (yawn) but truly radical, WORKS machines.
A standard 450 has enough power to clear any jump.
Start might be different story.

But the production rule sucks!
You can see the bikes of the pro's and the are most likely on an equal level of your own bike.

At SX it would be for the show, outdoors it will be a plus.

However I agree to another post I get kind of boring after round 10-11 the tracks basically looks the same.

But who cares as long as the people are coming it might be ok.
Bought my tickets for ATL yesterday Whistling

UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
5/8/2015 3:20pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Make the tracks more 80s and 90s styled. Instead of using a wall to slow lap times make the woops taller and further apart. Peak the...

tmx860 wrote:
Peak the landings? Isn't that what everyone was complaining about a few weeks ago when Canard and Weimer crashed?
I never heard that. Everyone complains about all the guys following, peak the jumps, unless you have a perfect run up to it, you won't do it.

Post a reply to: What is wrong with SX??

The Latest