What is the Deal with IZZY?

Zycki11
7/18/2010 4:03pm Edited Date/Time 7/18/2010 4:04pm
Heel surgery, followed by another heel surgery, followed by mono, followed by strep throat, and not much testing or chance to get 100%
7/18/2010 4:32pm
And apparently a pain killer addiction, I will see if I can find a link to the interview.
7/18/2010 4:34pm
And apparently a pain killer addiction, I will see if I can find a link to the interview.
I'd be interested in reading that interview if you could find the link.

The Shop

jeffseid
7/18/2010 4:42pm
He talks about it in the vurb interview but I think he had a physical addiction to them rather than a mental addiction
jeffseid
7/18/2010 4:44pm
From the Vurb interview:
Yeah, man, I mean with all the drugs and stuff they give me I’ve been really depressed and stuff. They give you all this stuff so I try to get off of it because you know your going to get addicted and the next thing I know I’m going through withdrawals. I was taking five perks a day and three at night for like five weeks and a few days ago I decided to stop taking them and the next thing I know I’m throwing up and I have massive headaches, any type of sunlight hurt my eyes and it was just crazy.

That’s a bad situation.
Well it sucks because if you keep taking the pills you know it will help you feel better, but in the long run it’s hurting you. It’s just depressing you know? If this was a broken leg or arm your only out for six weeks. You can only take so much of it, you think you’re never going to be able to ride again, you think you’re never going to be able to walk again.

7/18/2010 5:00pm
Man, his whole career just changed with that one crash. He was a regular podium guy on that RMZ250 and to crash like that on the last lap is just tragic.
7/18/2010 5:06pm
Yeah, and when you read that Vurb interview and he talks about how he wouldn't be racing if he won the lottery you really get the sense he doesn't enjoy it anymore. Hopefully he can find something he enjoys to do, whether it's motocross or something else.
sxf138
7/18/2010 5:51pm
Hopefully he gets his crap together, especially since he has a new baby.. His hands are going to be full.
nobhead
7/18/2010 6:01pm
jeffseid wrote:
He talks about it in the vurb interview but I think he had a physical addiction to them rather than a mental addiction
It is always both for me and anyone else that I have known. For anyone having trouble (Izzy?) getting off pain killers. Find a doc that will prescribe Suboxone. It is what is used in most rehabs now. Long half life and it is a 1000 times easier to wean off without even going through withdrawals. I have kicked an 85 percocet (5 80mg Oxycontin) per day habit this way a few times. Most docs will give you too much and you will never get off it. Seek doctors advice but here is the key. Take enough to stop withdrawals to where you feel ok. Take that amount for 3 days and cut it in half. Keep doing this until you are literally splitting grains of the tablet in the end. No withdrawls and should take 3 weeks to a month. JMO.
BTW, the only reason I kept getting hooked again was do to repeated neck surgeries.
bd
7/18/2010 6:02pm
Yeah, and when you read that Vurb interview and he talks about how he wouldn't be racing if he won the lottery you really get the...
Yeah, and when you read that Vurb interview and he talks about how he wouldn't be racing if he won the lottery you really get the sense he doesn't enjoy it anymore. Hopefully he can find something he enjoys to do, whether it's motocross or something else.
Hope Izzi finds happiness.
bd
Yeah, and when you read that Vurb interview and he talks about how he wouldn't be racing if he won the lottery you really get the...
bd

Post a reply to: What is the Deal with IZZY?

The Latest