What is happening in RCH camp?

big_g
Edited Date/Time 8/20/2015 3:44am
Hearing some rumors about problems in RCH camp? Now even Kelly Lumgair is headed back to KTM. Any inside info?
|
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/21/2015 9:31am
If I had to guess, the grass wasn't Pinker on the other side......
davistld01
7/21/2015 9:36am
Bottom line...isn't it always about the Benjamins?
GD2
Fantasy
815th
7/21/2015 9:49am
Weird that Roczen's long time mechanic would up and leave.
YZ324
7/21/2015 10:38am
Is it just me? I noticed the last couple of broadcasts that they never mention RCH when talking about the team. It's always just Soaring Eagle or Soaring Eagle/Jimmy John's that's mentioned. Might be nothing to it but has me wondering.

The Shop

BB67
7/21/2015 10:46am
davistld01 wrote:
davis is spot on.
7/21/2015 10:49am Edited Date/Time 7/21/2015 10:49am
Ricky is upset. He's taking his ball and going home.

jk, I have no idea.
ChrisB10
7/21/2015 10:51am
I didnt think much of Kenny leaving Alton and his struggles this year and but Kelly leaving is a HUGE red flag. And the way Jason Thomas were talking about it last night on pulp was a huge red flag as well. JT $ is usually very reserved in critiquing riders (waffle waffle waffle) but he was ripping Kenny pretty hard last night.
ChrisB10
7/21/2015 10:53am
Part of me feels bad for Ken. If he physcially just can't keep up with Aldon's training then how can you rip him ? He said he was physically spent last year.

But other people are making it sound like he's lazy and just wants to be a beach bum rather than train. I have a really hard time believing the latter....
dsmith
Fantasy
1485th
7/21/2015 10:55am
they have been struggling.....
big_g
7/21/2015 11:54am
There must be something wrong. I see, how depressed Roczen look like on podium interviews. He made 2 wrong turns in one year. Wink
hillbilly
7/21/2015 11:59am
If titles was your goal,leaving ktm would be opposite of goals.
Madc32
7/21/2015 12:04pm
davistld01 wrote:
BB67 wrote:
davis is spot on.
I thought money had nothing to do about the switch. It was all bike.
dr516
7/21/2015 12:20pm
hillbilly wrote:
If titles was your goal,leaving ktm would be opposite of goals.
And not being Baker trained
BB67
7/21/2015 12:38pm
Madc32 wrote:
Just a smoke screen.When he was crossing the fence and tripped on his fat wallet (you know the fence that separates the green grass from the "greener" grass) he fell and hurt his back. Aldon wasnt there to wipe his peepee so he soldiers on.Great riders can win a few races on a POS but its tough to win a championship on a turd.
when he is driving his Ferrari to In and Out will he be happy? prolly not. Will he be hungry absolutely not.
dr516
7/21/2015 12:46pm
His shoulders might be tired
ocscottie
7/21/2015 12:48pm
"when he is driving his Ferrari to In and Out will he be happy? prolly not. Will he be hungry absolutely not. "

That was pretty good Laughing
7/21/2015 1:48pm
big_g wrote:
Hearing some rumors about problems in RCH camp? Now even Kelly Lumgair is headed back to KTM. Any inside info?
Let's hear the Rumors you heard?

Or is this a Fishing Expedition?
Sandberm
7/21/2015 1:54pm
Broc looks good.

On a side note...Mathes cracked me up in this weeks podcast when he said somthing like " Whats Kenny going to do if he needs a backflip"...refering to Carey Hart and RC and Mark Johnson not being at the races.Evil
Sully22
7/21/2015 2:05pm
I said it a few times already, and I'll say/ask it again, why would you leave success? if your goal is to win a championship, and you just put ALL the pieces of the puzzle together over the course of a few years (KTM, Aldon, RogerD) and won the championship you've worked your whole career for, why would you leave or tinker with things? Okay so you don't like Aldon, leave Aldon then, but don't leave a proven bike and proven team, for the unknown in a team that's known more for...well, let's not get into that. Didn't KTM match the offer from RCH? Was his ego so much he couldn't share a truck with Dungey, hell I'm sure they'd get him his own truck...maybe? He messed with too much all at once.
RG1
7/21/2015 2:06pm
ChrisB10 wrote:
Part of me feels bad for Ken. If he physcially just can't keep up with Aldon's training then how can you rip him ? He said...
Part of me feels bad for Ken. If he physcially just can't keep up with Aldon's training then how can you rip him ? He said he was physically spent last year.

But other people are making it sound like he's lazy and just wants to be a beach bum rather than train. I have a really hard time believing the latter....
I agree with you. I don't think for one minute that Kenny doesn't want to put the work in. What worked for RV will not necessarily work for Roczen. He gave quite a few reasons for leaving Aldon in his interview with Albertson at Tenessee, all of them made sense to me. He said he felt like he was running on empty because of his diet, and that when he went to Red Bull in the winter they told him that his blood tests did not look good.

Let's not forget as well that this year started really well for Kenny, it took a turn for the worse after Oakland and since then he's probably not been 100% at any point. He'll be just fine when he gets back to 100%. Aldon is not the difference in my opinion
RG1
7/21/2015 2:10pm
Sully22 wrote:
I said it a few times already, and I'll say/ask it again, why would you leave success? if your goal is to win a championship, and...
I said it a few times already, and I'll say/ask it again, why would you leave success? if your goal is to win a championship, and you just put ALL the pieces of the puzzle together over the course of a few years (KTM, Aldon, RogerD) and won the championship you've worked your whole career for, why would you leave or tinker with things? Okay so you don't like Aldon, leave Aldon then, but don't leave a proven bike and proven team, for the unknown in a team that's known more for...well, let's not get into that. Didn't KTM match the offer from RCH? Was his ego so much he couldn't share a truck with Dungey, hell I'm sure they'd get him his own truck...maybe? He messed with too much all at once.
I don't think it's anything to do with ego. Kenny has always been a Suzuki kid, all through his amateur days and into the start of his pro career. He was poached away by KTM as most of the best young talent is in Europe. But deep down I think he's always been a Suzuki guy.

It was also a chance to work with RC
davistld01
7/21/2015 2:17pm
davistld01 wrote:
BB67 wrote:
davis is spot on.
Madc32 wrote:
Pfffffft... Whistling
MT MX
7/21/2015 2:34pm
Sully22 wrote:
I said it a few times already, and I'll say/ask it again, why would you leave success? if your goal is to win a championship, and...
RG1 wrote:
I don't think it's anything to do with ego. Kenny has always been a Suzuki kid, all through his amateur days and into the start of...
I don't think it's anything to do with ego. Kenny has always been a Suzuki kid, all through his amateur days and into the start of his pro career. He was poached away by KTM as most of the best young talent is in Europe. But deep down I think he's always been a Suzuki guy.

........also his relationship with his father was becoming damaged.
I know it has been said that when he joined with Aldon his father was told to basically 'take a hike'. Since he joined RCH his father was a part of his program again.
Sully22
7/21/2015 2:36pm
Sully22 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I don't think it's anything to do with ego. Kenny has always been a Suzuki kid, all through his amateur days and into the start of...

what did he win at Suzuki? sure, he rode there as a kid and early as a pro, but didn't win any major titles. and that's my point, he has over time put the pieces of the puzzle together, joining KTM in 2011 winning a title on a 250. he joined Teka Red Bull KTM in 2011 and won the GP title his first year on a KTM, a west coast supercross title at KTM in 2013, and the 450 outdoor title at KTM last year.

I don't get the whole working for RC thing either....just because you're working with RC doesn't mean his success is going to magically transfer to you because he's RC and won basically everything many times over. RC is hands down the fastest, best, most successful racer to ever throw his leg over a bike...that doesn't mean he can manage, motivate or lead people the same way a guy like Roger Decoster can.
500guy
7/21/2015 2:57pm
MT MX wrote:
........also his relationship with his father was becoming damaged. I know it has been said that when he joined with Aldon his father was told to...
........also his relationship with his father was becoming damaged.
I know it has been said that when he joined with Aldon his father was told to basically 'take a hike'. Since he joined RCH his father was a part of his program again.
No disrespect to his Father but sometimes it's best to take a step back and just offer up some solid advice and moral support.
jamma10
7/21/2015 2:58pm
Sully22 wrote:
RG1 wrote:

Sully22 wrote:
what did he win at Suzuki? sure, he rode there as a kid and early as a pro, but didn't win any major titles. and that's...
what did he win at Suzuki? sure, he rode there as a kid and early as a pro, but didn't win any major titles. and that's my point, he has over time put the pieces of the puzzle together, joining KTM in 2011 winning a title on a 250. he joined Teka Red Bull KTM in 2011 and won the GP title his first year on a KTM, a west coast supercross title at KTM in 2013, and the 450 outdoor title at KTM last year.

I don't get the whole working for RC thing either....just because you're working with RC doesn't mean his success is going to magically transfer to you because he's RC and won basically everything many times over. RC is hands down the fastest, best, most successful racer to ever throw his leg over a bike...that doesn't mean he can manage, motivate or lead people the same way a guy like Roger Decoster can.
His RMZ250 had a few reliablity issues which may have eventually prevented him winning an MX2 title, but it was obvious that Roczen was going to become a champion. KTM just managed to lure Roczen away at exactly the right time, effectively robbing Suzuki of success and negating the effort they had put into his development.

TEKA was Roczens sponsor. They helped finance his ride at Suzuki initially and then they switched over to KTM when Roczen signed with the Austrian team.
NV825
Fantasy
2730th
7/21/2015 2:59pm
Whatever is going on, I hope it doesn't lead to another team having to close up shop.
TeamGreen
7/21/2015 3:05pm
If I had to guess...
Kenny's not 100% ...yet.
The bike ain't 100% ...yet.
Suzuki does things Suzuki's way.
Is that "way" working for RCH?
motosmith
7/21/2015 3:15pm
Hire Aldon for a year and realize you just gave a guy 100k to tell you to eat healthy and cross train. Oh shit, that was a waste of money.
ktm212
7/21/2015 3:17pm
Sully22 wrote:
what did he win at Suzuki? sure, he rode there as a kid and early as a pro, but didn't win any major titles. and that's...

I think the Suzuki/KTM thing was in his head. He was winning but just thought he could go replicate that with anything, I mean he said he could ride a stock suzuki and win, in reality hes having a hard time winning on his factory bike. I think he left KTM at the wrong time, the 16 is good. Really good. There's nothing wrong with bike, but the team, foundations, testing, ect is not up to KTM standards IMO.

I dont think the whole working with RC thing has to do with much, actually I think it may hurt more then help. RC comes off really brash and I've overheard him talking to friends and bench racing behind closed doors and he really has little respect for anyone on the gate and isn't an overly positive guy. He has every right to speak that way bc of who he is but as a team manager I dont think he has that special sauce like Decoster or Payton or any of the riding coach guys. I mean listen to how he was talking about Broc Tickle on live supercross broadcast, hes your rider, talking down on them isn't helping you, him, or sponsors.

Post a reply to: What is happening in RCH camp?

The Latest