What is a good pros work outs to get in race shape

CrashMaster
7/25/2014 11:06am
GarySemics wrote:
No offence to all the other guys posting here but if you really want to get the right info about training for motos order my MX...
No offence to all the other guys posting here but if you really want to get the right info about training for motos order my MX Conditioning 2 DVD or Stream. It comes with a Training and Nutrition Manual in PDF format. http://www.gsmxs.com/dvds/stand-alone-technique-dvds/motocross-conditio…

HAHA free advertisement!!! TongueWink
Pryda
7/25/2014 11:22am Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 11:23am
When you ride, ur heart rate is very high, and if I remember correctly, its pretty much max at race speed.
If you cycle, its probably easier to maintain a certain heartrate over a specific time, and it doesnt stress ur knees etc as much.
But jogging is overall better if you do it correctly if im not wrong. You gain endurance quicker with jogging?
cmf295
7/25/2014 12:07pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I would start with cardio and do core stability. Avoid adding bulk. Just mainly focus on cardio. Hit the rowing machine and the road bike.
KGAspeed wrote:
Not at 21 years old and only 115 pounds. There are plenty of skinny kids going fast, but bulk and some strength would not hurt him...
Not at 21 years old and only 115 pounds. There are plenty of skinny kids going fast, but bulk and some strength would not hurt him one bit.
Bingo. That's the problem with some of the smaller riders. They do little strength training and when they crash, the injuries come quicker and more severe. Doing strength training will help strengthen the muscles, ligaments, and tendons, to take impact to the body and lessen the severity of the injury. When riding your bike, your body is like a pogo stick. The up and down motion of the rider, using his legs to grip the bike and the upper body to be able to muscle the machine around, takes strength. Not cardio capacity.
crf250pilot
7/25/2014 1:00pm Edited Date/Time 7/25/2014 1:00pm
Grizz wrote:
Ride. Every. Day.
Ya, even if on the street with your homies while you're doing wheelies with your knuckles dragging the ground

The Shop

Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
7/25/2014 1:36pm
Anyone got a cure for shaving muscle? I have some mass i cant seem to get rid of......I have been doing mostly cardio, but i cant...
Anyone got a cure for shaving muscle? I have some mass i cant seem to get rid of......I have been doing mostly cardio, but i cant seem to shave some weight i gained [weight lifting] when i wasnt riding.
TbonesPop wrote:
I think you would be amazed that if you just focused mainly on diet, you would achieve what you are ultimately looking for. No need to...
I think you would be amazed that if you just focused mainly on diet, you would achieve what you are ultimately looking for. No need to "shave muscle". if you lean up mainly through a better diet. I bet you will be better off - and you will lose some "bulk" that you are looking for. I have a muscular build at 6-0", always have been like this from various sports. At one point I was 220 lbs, but never "fat". I thought if I could get down to 200 lbs, I'd be ripped. Through a lot of diet and hard work/exercise, I'm down to 203 lbs and while I have leaned up considerably, I could stand to lose a little more. Now I realize I could / should get down to 185-190 lbs and not just to 200.

Everybody is a little different, but here is what worked for me. Cut back on alcohol - only allow yourself a drink or two a month (for some that will be harder than others). Drink water 99% of the time - no sugary coffee drinks. No energy drinks - leaded or unleaded (i.e. normal or sugar free). Cut sugar out of your diet and only allow yourself one sweet treat a week. If you want a sweet, eat some fruit (natural sugar sources are ok). No junk food. Eat a good breakfast and a decent lunch. But for dinner just eat lean meat and vegetables. No food after 6:30 PM and don't do any carbs after 3 PM.

For exercise, I would lift weights 3 times a week doing circuit training with lighter weights and higher reps. Do exercises for each body part 3 times a week - but again, high reps, low weight. For Cardio, do it 5 times a week for an average of 45 minutes per exercise.

No amount of cardio or exercise alone won't get you there. It's mainly your diet and genetics that matter most. Good luck!
Thats good advise. I have been on the Paleo eating plan, and have cut alcohol out completly. But i still seem to not be able to get below the 245 Mark. Im 6'3" and usually 215-220. I am 37 now, and im wondering if i will need to go to some form of extreme to acheive this. I know age can play a factor, I also work a desk job, and with the family im limited to an hour of cardio a day, and riding on the weekends. Its pretty frustrating for me right now.
TbonesPop
Fantasy
405th
7/25/2014 2:43pm
Thats good advise. I have been on the Paleo eating plan, and have cut alcohol out completly. But i still seem to not be able to...
Thats good advise. I have been on the Paleo eating plan, and have cut alcohol out completly. But i still seem to not be able to get below the 245 Mark. Im 6'3" and usually 215-220. I am 37 now, and im wondering if i will need to go to some form of extreme to acheive this. I know age can play a factor, I also work a desk job, and with the family im limited to an hour of cardio a day, and riding on the weekends. Its pretty frustrating for me right now.
I hear ya on all that. I'm almost 44 and was in the same boat. Every year it gets harder and harder from my experience. It sounds to me like you need a "shock to the system" to get the metabolism motor running. I have gone through multiple plateaus when going from 220 down to 203. Initially I dropped from 220 down to 214 pretty easy, then I was stuck on 214 for about 4 months regardless of what I ate and how I exercised. I then took a couple of weeks off to let the body rest, then came back with a vengeance working out 10 days straight really hard. That got me down to 210-212, then I leveled off there for about 6 months. I was never really overweight or fat and the leaner a person is, the harder it is to lose the last few tough pounds. Also, I found that if all I do is cardio, my body knows that some tough cardio is coming and I started to store up some reserve fat (which is calories) for when my body knew I would need them during a hard cardio workout. So I then went to doing more cross fit workout and I cut out ALL sugars except for fruit for exactly one month, then I went to one sweet treat a week. Those work outs and the change in diet got me down from ~210-212 down to ~203 within 3 months. Right now, I'm still losing ~1 lb a week or two. My goal is ~190 lbs, and maintaining muscle (I can still bench ~315 for a max). So I wanted to keep strength and just lean up to a healthy level and develop some good eating and exercise habits. So far, this is what worked for me. But I think the key was finding ways to blast through the plateaus. Like I said, the leaner you get the harder it gets - but the more rewarding.

Again, best of luck. I'm with you. I have a family, work a lot (sales), travel for business extensively and get to eat nice expensive late evening meals with customers, tough to squeeze in workouts between work and family stuff, eat right, and at best I ride 3 times a month. But it is what it is. Just have to do the best I can.

All I can say is, hang in there and just keep on keeping on. Mix it up ever so often. You will get there. Don't get discouraged.
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
1089th
7/25/2014 4:21pm
Thats good advise. I have been on the Paleo eating plan, and have cut alcohol out completly. But i still seem to not be able to...
TbonesPop wrote:
I hear ya on all that. I'm almost 44 and was in the same boat. Every year it gets harder and harder from my experience. It...
I hear ya on all that. I'm almost 44 and was in the same boat. Every year it gets harder and harder from my experience. It sounds to me like you need a "shock to the system" to get the metabolism motor running. I have gone through multiple plateaus when going from 220 down to 203. Initially I dropped from 220 down to 214 pretty easy, then I was stuck on 214 for about 4 months regardless of what I ate and how I exercised. I then took a couple of weeks off to let the body rest, then came back with a vengeance working out 10 days straight really hard. That got me down to 210-212, then I leveled off there for about 6 months. I was never really overweight or fat and the leaner a person is, the harder it is to lose the last few tough pounds. Also, I found that if all I do is cardio, my body knows that some tough cardio is coming and I started to store up some reserve fat (which is calories) for when my body knew I would need them during a hard cardio workout. So I then went to doing more cross fit workout and I cut out ALL sugars except for fruit for exactly one month, then I went to one sweet treat a week. Those work outs and the change in diet got me down from ~210-212 down to ~203 within 3 months. Right now, I'm still losing ~1 lb a week or two. My goal is ~190 lbs, and maintaining muscle (I can still bench ~315 for a max). So I wanted to keep strength and just lean up to a healthy level and develop some good eating and exercise habits. So far, this is what worked for me. But I think the key was finding ways to blast through the plateaus. Like I said, the leaner you get the harder it gets - but the more rewarding.

Again, best of luck. I'm with you. I have a family, work a lot (sales), travel for business extensively and get to eat nice expensive late evening meals with customers, tough to squeeze in workouts between work and family stuff, eat right, and at best I ride 3 times a month. But it is what it is. Just have to do the best I can.

All I can say is, hang in there and just keep on keeping on. Mix it up ever so often. You will get there. Don't get discouraged.
Thanks Man, I will! This has been some of the most helpful advise i have received on here. I have been doing some of the Ryno Gym workouts as well, no rest, cardio, light weights. I thought i might be losing my mind because this stuff used to work right away for me before, i'll keep changing it up. Thanks again.
Grizz
7/25/2014 4:39pm
Grizz wrote:
Ride. Every. Day.
Ya, even if on the street with your homies while you're doing wheelies with your knuckles dragging the ground
Exactly. Do what you gotta do.
Moto_181
9/5/2014 9:37am
KGAspeed wrote:
Not at 21 years old and only 115 pounds. There are plenty of skinny kids going fast, but bulk and some strength would not hurt him...
Not at 21 years old and only 115 pounds. There are plenty of skinny kids going fast, but bulk and some strength would not hurt him one bit.
Moto_181 wrote:
I use to lift heavy weights in high school use to bench 220 . So I got strength but I lost some but not a lot...
I use to lift heavy weights in high school use to bench 220 . So I got strength but I lost some but not a lot. It's just I eat a ton and I just burn it super fast
50dippin wrote:
if your benching 220 at 115 lbs you should look into professional power lifting.

yes that means I think you're full of shit
I was 132 when I lifted that

Post a reply to: What is a good pros work outs to get in race shape

The Latest