What is a Motocrosser?

Edited Date/Time 9/9/2013 3:39pm
I need some clarification.

Should one be able to consider themselves a participant of motocross if they have never raced a moto on any level at anytime?

What is a Motocrosser/racer/rider please define.
|
Randy_Nix
9/5/2013 7:10pm
To non racers, they are motocrossers. To motocrossers (racers) they are just riders. That's just my opinion
Highsider
9/5/2013 7:15pm
Are there really motocrossers that have never sat behind a gate when it drops?
Is that the question?
PS- the start is my favorite part of the race!
9/5/2013 7:27pm
Highsider wrote:
Are there really motocrossers that have never sat behind a gate when it drops? Is that the question? PS- the start is my favorite part of...
Is that the question?
I don't think you've experienced much if you've never dropped a start on a race.
88sdad
9/5/2013 7:29pm
I need some clarification. Should one be able to consider themselves a participant of motocross if they have never raced a moto on any level at...
I need some clarification.

Should one be able to consider themselves a participant of motocross if they have never raced a moto on any level at anytime?

What is a Motocrosser/racer/rider please define.
You're to young to be a motocrosser, kid

The Shop

dirtnapper
9/5/2013 7:33pm
I think you are a "motocrosser" even if you never raced, sure! If you enjoy pounding laps on the track on a motocross bike, what else are you? Doesn't matter your skill level does it?

What do you call the kid who shoots hoops every day after school with his pals, but is not on the basketball team? He is still a "basketball player", isn't he?
crusher773
9/5/2013 7:37pm
I wouldn't call that kid a basketball player. If you wrestle in the living room floor with your brother or dad are you a wrestler? If you are just out shooting around you aren't "playing" basketball. I agree you've had to have a gate drop in there somewhere to be considered a motocrosser. Otherwise just a rider.
typ2vw159
9/5/2013 7:46pm
If you have ever had a FOX sticker or apparel you are a Motocrosser!
motodriller
9/5/2013 8:07pm
Its all about the hardware. I think that first trophy makes it happen. Its Proof.
Flip109
9/5/2013 8:10pm
About the FOX sticker thing. So annoying. If they have a msr or boyesen sticker on their truck. You know they ride. Hahaha
Outsider
9/5/2013 8:13pm
Only if you've gotten so nervous before a moto that you sharted in your gear are you truly a motocrosser
kx1984
9/5/2013 8:48pm
Gotta take the gate drops with the honest intention of getting the Holeshot. Otherwise your just spending alot of money to trail ride on a prepped course.
TeamGreen
9/5/2013 10:28pm
Geeeeezus...

Really?

Let's try this for the Too Cool crowd: how about we let these folks call'em-selves whatever the fug they want & we'll call all you guys that're too cool "Core".

Me?

I've got trophies from 5 or 6 different disciplines (that I can think of at the moment) & some of the coolest MXers I know are track day aficionados that just love RIDING on a MOTOCROSS TRACK.

Some of you Fuqs are simply UNBELIEVABLE.
JRMX59
9/5/2013 10:52pm
HaHa, read MXA. Jody Weisel is always going off about this.
fcr
9/6/2013 12:25am
I have a pop warner trophy and the arm on the QB is broken off. I was on the D line. Go Bucks!!!
IWreckALot
9/6/2013 5:07am
TeamGreen wrote:
Geeeeezus... Really? Let's try this for the Too Cool crowd: how about we let these folks call'em-selves whatever the fug they want & we'll call all...
Geeeeezus...

Really?

Let's try this for the Too Cool crowd: how about we let these folks call'em-selves whatever the fug they want & we'll call all you guys that're too cool "Core".

Me?

I've got trophies from 5 or 6 different disciplines (that I can think of at the moment) & some of the coolest MXers I know are track day aficionados that just love RIDING on a MOTOCROSS TRACK.

Let me guess,

1 - Knitting
2 - Under Water knitting
3 - Basket Weaving
4 - Drunk Dance Contest winner
5 - Bowling (because who doesn't have a bowling trophy?)

Kidding man. I was expecting everyone to flame the OP when I clicked on this thread. . . or for someone to be blasting a spam article that they wrote.
88sdad
9/6/2013 6:40am
Hey Rick, Fuck You old man! LOL, I think Jim said it all.
I'm just an old retired gardener, Jeff.

Butt, I've probably worn out more foot pegs than you have tires.
9/6/2013 6:49am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2013 6:52am
You guys got it all wrong.

It's motoRcrosser. C'mon now. One can not be considered a motocross racer without meeting the following criteria:

1. Says motoRcross
2. Says motoRcrossing
3. Says dirtbiking
4. Says two-hweeling (pronounced Two-ha-weel-ingh)
5. Participates in a local county fair race (on a stolen motorcrossing dirtbike) The stolen portion brings them to a Factory level because clearly they didn't pay for the bike, they probably slung some dope to make the entry fee; and/or they just entered the track on lap 2 in the back to avoid paying at all.

Then you're a true motoRcrosser.
Crash82
Fantasy
1986th
9/6/2013 7:02am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2013 7:03am
TeamGreen wrote:
Geeeeezus... Really? Let's try this for the Too Cool crowd: how about we let these folks call'em-selves whatever the fug they want & we'll call all...
Geeeeezus...

Really?

Me?

A post about being pissed off about telling folks what to call folks that ends with you telling folks what to call folks. I haven't raced or rode much since 2002, I ain't a motocrosser. A motocrosser is a dumbass who spends all his cash on his bike, maxes out his credit cards buying over priced boots, then works on his bike all week and pays to ride a couple hours total on the weekend. I'm just a redneck.
9/6/2013 7:15am
88sdad wrote:

Yea, def have that in common....

I wouldn't doubt it... you must have been using Moose footpegs lol
9/6/2013 7:19am Edited Date/Time 9/6/2013 7:20am
TeamGreen wrote:
Geeeeezus...

Really?

Me?

Crash82 wrote:
A post about being pissed off about telling folks what to call folks that ends with you telling folks what to call folks. I haven't raced...
A post about being pissed off about telling folks what to call folks that ends with you telling folks what to call folks. I haven't raced or rode much since 2002, I ain't a motocrosser. A motocrosser is a dumbass who spends all his cash on his bike, maxes out his credit cards buying over priced boots, then works on his bike all week and pays to ride a couple hours total on the weekend. I'm just a redneck.
What would you call it if you don't use credit cards, or spend all your money on your bike, not a dumbass, got a free pair of boots, and ride more than a few hours a week? Oh, one more thing, and it's still just a hobby...
huck
9/6/2013 7:29am
Highsider wrote:
Are there really motocrossers that have never sat behind a gate when it drops? Is that the question? PS- the start is my favorite part of...
Is that the question?
Big Lenny and I used to argue about this (among other things).
He had never raced, but yet said he knew what it was like, since he has 'ridden' so long. I disagreed.

BTW...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Racer92
9/6/2013 8:23am
88sdad wrote:

They put foot pegs on Larks ? Huh

Racer92
9/6/2013 8:24am
Taylor156 wrote:
if you can pull a tear off in the air Wink
Pffft, you aint core unless you kick start your bike in the air !
9/6/2013 8:31am
88sdad wrote:

Racer92 wrote:
They put foot pegs on Larks ? :huh: [img]https://www.happyscooters.com/files/prodimages/b_thumbnail/ms_250.jpg[/img]
They put foot pegs on Larks ? Huh

HAHAHA! Heard you can get a good deal on one of those at the Scooter Store.
9/6/2013 8:36am
SEE ARE125 wrote:
[img]https://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i56/5/4/23/frabz-Motocross-What-my-friends-think-I-do-What-my-mom-thinks-I-do-Wha-deeaa0.jpg[/img]
Thread ended.
brocster
9/6/2013 9:12am
88sdad wrote:

but did you get garden of the month? or did you just play around in the flower bed? you do know that there is a difference as to what you can call yourself given some undetermined criteria......lmao!

Post a reply to: What is a Motocrosser?

The Latest