What if Roczen starts beating Dungey?

TommyZ
Edited Date/Time 5/4/2014 8:32pm
And if it does things sure will get awkward around the KTM Semi.

Do you think this could happen?
|
theToothPerry
12/31/2013 1:51pm
TommyZ wrote:
And if it does things sure will get awkward around the KTM Semi.

Do you think this could happen?
Its going to forsure. Dungeys not nearly aggressive enough to keep Roczen behind him.
Torco1
12/31/2013 1:59pm
I can't speak for Dungey or KTM, but if it was me in that situation, I would be on the phone with the INS to have his ass deported.
Brent
12/31/2013 2:01pm
I think it's good for Dungey.

Getting beat by Villopoto is one thing, but the threat of getting beat by your younger rookie team mate is quite another.

If I'm Dungey, I think you cant let Ken beat you his first year in, its time to ride beyond the comfort zone.

The Shop

shredder22
12/31/2013 2:02pm
Title should read "What is going to happen WHEN Roczen starts beating Dungey?" If RV is really going to retire after the 2015 season, like I've heard, then I think KROC goes to Kawasaki after this year as RV's successor. Dungey's a great rider but he doesn't have that killer instinct and that burst speed like some of these other guys do. He's a really good and really consistent rider though.
Roscoe33
12/31/2013 2:10pm
Roczen's bike will get washed 1st when they get back to the rig after the moto.
shredder22
12/31/2013 2:13pm
Roscoe33 wrote:
Roczen's bike will get washed 1st when they get back to the rig after the moto.
LOL
Torco1
12/31/2013 2:14pm
There is no question that Roczen is going to be good, but the same thing happens year after year when a guy moves up to the 450 class, its a lot different once they get there than everyone thought it was going to be. Look how dominate Barcia was on the 250's and he's still finding his place in the 450 class.
Outsider
12/31/2013 2:17pm
Torco1 wrote:
There is no question that Roczen is going to be good, but the same thing happens year after year when a guy moves up to the...
There is no question that Roczen is going to be good, but the same thing happens year after year when a guy moves up to the 450 class, its a lot different once they get there than everyone thought it was going to be. Look how dominate Barcia was on the 250's and he's still finding his place in the 450 class.
Roczen did awesome at Daytona until he blew up... fitness should be on point this year.
Torco1
12/31/2013 2:20pm
Torco1 wrote:
There is no question that Roczen is going to be good, but the same thing happens year after year when a guy moves up to the...
Outsider wrote:
Roczen did awesome at Daytona until he blew up... fitness should be on point this year.
That is true. I would type more, but I'm about to shit my pants and I have to make a run to the pooper.
quicken
12/31/2013 2:29pm
Torco1 wrote:
That is true. I would type more, but I'm about to shit my pants and I have to make a run to the pooper.
Everything come out ok??
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
12/31/2013 2:33pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 2:34pm
Barcia also beat Dungey several times last season, but still Dungey had him covered easily in points
I think with Roczen its kindof the same this season (I think a lot of people underrate Dungey, he's still a badass when it comes to a whole series), although he's more 'calculated' than Barcia.. he will be content with a 5th place if its his Limit while Barcia will still push for more and possibly cause a mistake/crash (2 20s last season)
bents
Fantasy
710th
12/31/2013 2:33pm
Ain't gonna happen. Call me a crazy Canuck, Kenny is good but not Dungey/ RV good yet.
12/31/2013 2:56pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 2:58pm
bents wrote:
Ain't gonna happen. Call me a crazy Canuck, Kenny is good but not Dungey/ RV good yet.
RV obviously disagrees with you! i thought it was interesting when RV said in the interview that he wanted roczen to train with baker / ride with him so he had someone there to push him. Shows how strong RV's mentality is and also how highly he rates roczen

Ken may not finish ahead of dungey in the champs in his first year but he will definitely win races- same can be said for tomac. Those 2 are both exceptional talents and will be right up there straight away in my opinion.

As for the question 'what if ken starts beating ryan?' who knows! in my opinion it might do dungey good to have a young team mate pushing and beating him- might get him to ride out of his comfort zone a bit more.
12/31/2013 3:12pm
I think dungey should worry. Roger doesnt even sound so confident in him, in his recent interviews. I dont think roczen will beat him in overall pt standings, but id say he will finish better than him in about 5-6 races
jtiger12
12/31/2013 3:24pm
Should re title the thread

What if roczen starts beating rv?
MR. X
12/31/2013 3:25pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 3:25pm
Dunge will go back to Suzuki ?
IWreckALot
12/31/2013 3:29pm
I think dungey should worry. Roger doesnt even sound so confident in him, in his recent interviews. I dont think roczen will beat him in overall...
I think dungey should worry. Roger doesnt even sound so confident in him, in his recent interviews. I dont think roczen will beat him in overall pt standings, but id say he will finish better than him in about 5-6 races
This is probably accurate. I can't imagine Dungey beating Roczen all 17 rounds (17 rounds right?) . I hope that Dungey comes out with something we haven't seen yet. But if history serves us correctly, he'll probably play the consistency game.

As far as Roger, I don't see why his confidence in Dungey is fading. He's right where he has been since day one in the 450 class. He's just a tick slower than RV but he's more consistent than RV. Sometimes that wins and sometimes that doesn't. He's just on a string of the latter.
MR. X
12/31/2013 3:33pm
Does Roger play favorites ?
radialone
12/31/2013 4:57pm
Same story year after year. New guy comes into the big boy class and everyone predicts how he's going to beat the big names right off the bat. Not going to happen. There's too much to get acclimated to in the first year. Fact is, the guy who's come the closest to doing this in recent years is Dungey. Will Roczen have better results than Dungey on some weekends? Yes. Will he do it on a consistent basis? No. Like I wrote in my 450 class preview, I’ll believe it when it actually happens.
andyman
12/31/2013 5:13pm
Kenny can beat Ryan(s) in few races. If he beats Dungey all the time, then he can truly challenge Villopoto for championship, and i dont think he's that good yet. Remember, Dungey was almoust fast as Villopoto in many races last year, and i think that he is much better prepared this year. He's bike setup will be lot better, and i bet that the guy is in best shape ever, and motivated.
rolandk
12/31/2013 5:37pm
I think Dungey is at a pivotal moment in his career. He either needs to step it up a notch or he will fade back to ~5th place.
OnRails
12/31/2013 5:40pm
Roczen is a prodigy that has turned into a potent threat to those 2 Ryans. If Ken beats Dung overall at the end of the season (unlikely, but possible) then I would assume nothing, because well, they both can win. So, how can you treat 2 winners differently?
jloucks742
12/31/2013 5:47pm Edited Date/Time 12/31/2013 5:48pm
both should we worried about tomac waxing that ass
gharmon
12/31/2013 5:57pm
I think dungey should worry. Roger doesnt even sound so confident in him, in his recent interviews. I dont think roczen will beat him in overall...
IWreckALot wrote:
This is probably accurate. I can't imagine Dungey beating Roczen all 17 rounds (17 rounds right?) . I hope that Dungey comes out with something we...
This is probably accurate. I can't imagine Dungey beating Roczen all 17 rounds (17 rounds right?) . I hope that Dungey comes out with something we haven't seen yet. But if history serves us correctly, he'll probably play the consistency game.

As far as Roger, I don't see why his confidence in Dungey is fading. He's right where he has been since day one in the 450 class. He's just a tick slower than RV but he's more consistent than RV. Sometimes that wins and sometimes that doesn't. He's just on a string of the latter.
How do you figure he is more consistent than RV? I don't have the time to look up the stats but I bet RV had more overall podiums and top 5's than Dungey. Also, winning 10 out of 17 races doesn't make you less consistent. Dungey's issue is that he is a tick slower (like you stated) but it's his inability to push to the front when he needs to.

Ken has shown in the outdoors over this past summer that he can pass really fast the first couple laps so he already has that over Dungey. But like someone else said above Barcia was tons faster than Kenny in supercross two years ago as was Tomac last year (I know he lost the title) but he was the faster of the two racers in that series. Now, Barcia did good (2 wins) and Tomac did okay in the races he raced the 450 but that's a long grueling 17 race series not some 6-7 races for 5 less laps per race. So I see Kenny and Eli have a Barcia type year maybe even slightly better but to dethrone the Ryans is gonna be awful tough. I'm not saying it can't happen but it will be a tall task.

The one thing I really hope for is that none of these guys get hurt and we get one hell of a season. We already have our Atlanta tickets and can't wait till Sat night to get shit kicked off!!

PS. I am not forgetting Stewart is there also. He is no newby either. and will do great also. Stewart and RV both will not hesitate to show the new boys how the new class is run. Damn I can't wait!!
gharmon
12/31/2013 6:04pm
jloucks742 wrote:
That too!! Shit this is gonna be a great year. Although I fell like Tomac will be irrelevant due to his more-often-than-not shitty starts. All the speed in the world cannot overcome this talented field with a bad start in such a short race.

Eli is becoming my favorite rider but he has got to figure out those starts or we may never see his true potential.

Speaking of starts is seems the guys are either "born" with the ability to start of they are not. Have any of you ever knew of a rider that was a shitty starter early in their career but worked on it to become a good starter. I've only been around the sport about 10-12 years.
jloucks742
12/31/2013 6:10pm
jloucks742 wrote:
gharmon wrote:
That too!! Shit this is gonna be a great year. Although I fell like Tomac will be irrelevant due to his more-often-than-not shitty starts. All the...
That too!! Shit this is gonna be a great year. Although I fell like Tomac will be irrelevant due to his more-often-than-not shitty starts. All the speed in the world cannot overcome this talented field with a bad start in such a short race.

Eli is becoming my favorite rider but he has got to figure out those starts or we may never see his true potential.

Speaking of starts is seems the guys are either "born" with the ability to start of they are not. Have any of you ever knew of a rider that was a shitty starter early in their career but worked on it to become a good starter. I've only been around the sport about 10-12 years.
If tomac can hammer his starts he will be golden. I just cant wait to see him outdoors on the 450
newmann
12/31/2013 6:17pm
It's all good, Dungey will just sit back and let his race come to him.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
12/31/2013 6:27pm
Torco1 wrote:
I can't speak for Dungey or KTM, but if it was me in that situation, I would be on the phone with the INS to have...
I can't speak for Dungey or KTM, but if it was me in that situation, I would be on the phone with the INS to have his ass deported.
For?

Post a reply to: What if Roczen starts beating Dungey?

The Latest