What if: RV docked 3 places with no red flag

pellco
Edited Date/Time 3/4/2013 11:46am
So what would have happened IF the red flag had not come out? Does he gets bumped from 1st to 4th at the end of the race?
As it stands, He only got penalized on the restart placement?
|
Allracing
3/2/2013 9:06pm
Lots of tweets saying that it is under review right now
SwapperMX
3/2/2013 9:11pm
Yeah if there was the 'no jump' light on the triple with plenty of fore warning, penalty is usually much more severe than that i thought.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
3/2/2013 9:12pm
you guys know what is going to happen...nothing
jleews6
3/2/2013 9:33pm
mx 219 wrote:
you guys know what is going to happen...nothing
Bingo!

The Shop

CrfDpx
3/2/2013 9:53pm
Villopoto was the fastest man on the track tonight. BUT, he passed Stewart for the lead with yellow flag and red cross flag out. Wasn't over a jump but going into the turn where the man was down. I was sitting maybe 100 ft from it and it was no doubt a no pass situation. Now see if anything is done or they just blow it off.
SwapperMX
3/2/2013 9:57pm
CrfDpx wrote:
Villopoto was the fastest man on the track tonight. BUT, he passed Stewart for the lead with yellow flag and red cross flag out. Wasn't over...
Villopoto was the fastest man on the track tonight. BUT, he passed Stewart for the lead with yellow flag and red cross flag out. Wasn't over a jump but going into the turn where the man was down. I was sitting maybe 100 ft from it and it was no doubt a no pass situation. Now see if anything is done or they just blow it off.
Good info. Why is it that they very rarely take action if it's one of the top guys involved in an incident like this. Villo has been involved in several and no action is ever taken. I bet if Friese did something similar the outcome would be different.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/2/2013 10:01pm
A few teams complained, and it's being reviewed.
kongols
3/2/2013 10:08pm
GuyB wrote:
Isn`t it settled? Or is it goes to office on monday?
pellco
3/2/2013 10:09pm
GuyB wrote:
I guess this will be like the "delayed" payout CR tweeted about a few weeks back. Never heard anything about that. Hmmmmm.....
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/2/2013 10:16pm
pellco wrote:
I guess this will be like the "delayed" payout CR tweeted about a few weeks back. Never heard anything about that. Hmmmmm.....
All the fuel tests checked out okay.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/2/2013 10:17pm
kongols wrote:
I was told it'll be decided tonight or in the morning.
SwapperMX
3/2/2013 10:18pm
GuyB wrote:
Yeah, thanks for the info GuyB. It seemed with the 'official' results being released, that the decision had been made.
kongols
3/2/2013 10:19pm
kongols wrote:
GuyB wrote:
I was told it'll be decided tonight or in the morning.
Ouch
Hut
3/2/2013 10:25pm
So it's still up in the air? Dizzy
If duke had a monster logo it would have been decided by now I bet.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
3/2/2013 10:27pm
People who think that Monster plays into any decisions don't know the people making the decisions.
rodb
3/2/2013 10:27pm
Was at the race, also seen the pass on Stewart .Thougth I seen a yellow and red cross flags being waved in
the coner ,that the pass was made.
Hut
3/2/2013 10:32pm
GuyB wrote:
People who think that Monster plays into any decisions don't know the people making the decisions.
True I dont know the decision makers but People in the stands can see a Red Cross flag but not officials on the track? Seems odd Dry
kongols
3/2/2013 11:22pm
James is not happy. "Special situation" "He was committed"

James Stewart ‏@js7
You don't pass on Redcross flag and what I'm being told is you can lol. "Special Situation". Pls pray for Kyle Chisholm to get well soon.
gt80rider
3/2/2013 11:23pm
rodb wrote:
Was at the race, also seen the pass on Stewart .Thougth I seen a yellow and red cross flags being waved in the coner ,that the...
Was at the race, also seen the pass on Stewart .Thougth I seen a yellow and red cross flags being waved in
the coner ,that the pass was made.
Ya, I "thought" I saw that too, but just saw it in passing, so I wasn't real sure.... that happened after the re-start, at the end of the section that had a triple and 3 little rollers after it... all the other racers were going real slow through the section, but RV2 put a pass on Bubba there.... but... I wasn't real sure I saw a red-cross there, hopefully the tv coverage can shed some more light on that...
3/3/2013 1:01am
This is a good question. They should have it in the rulebook as to when they should penalize a rider. They shouldn't do any penalizing until after the race when things can be reviewed. I guess RV got lucky with the restart because if not he would have had two situations for them to be reviewing and punishing.
djc
3/3/2013 5:11am
Interesting how Rv is always involved in situations like this in terms of is he cheating or not. I know the dude does not go to the line saying I am gonna cut this turn or pass on a Red Cross flag but it's kind of odd now that he is always involved in this
TerryK
3/3/2013 5:29am
djc wrote:
Interesting how Rv is always involved in situations like this in terms of is he cheating or not. I know the dude does not go to...
Interesting how Rv is always involved in situations like this in terms of is he cheating or not. I know the dude does not go to the line saying I am gonna cut this turn or pass on a Red Cross flag but it's kind of odd now that he is always involved in this
Always?
WhKnuckle
3/3/2013 5:34am
There's always some kind of controversy, but (although I haven't seen it), if Villo was seeing both yellow and red cross flags, that's confusing. If it's yellow, you can jump; if it's red cross you can't. And if it's yellow you can pass as soon as you are clear of the downed rider, and even earlier if you can do it without endangering the downed rider or forcing anyone else to hit him or his bike.

Sounds like some confusing signals to everyone. I've volunteered to flag before and it's very difficult to communicate a hazard to oncoming riders, you gotta give those guys a little break. And if Villo had confusing and contradictory signals but made a safe and clean pass, I don't know what the issue is. Maybe we'll see it on video today.
ga_pike
3/3/2013 5:45am
WhKnuckle wrote:
There's always some kind of controversy, but (although I haven't seen it), if Villo was seeing both yellow and red cross flags, that's confusing. If it's...
There's always some kind of controversy, but (although I haven't seen it), if Villo was seeing both yellow and red cross flags, that's confusing. If it's yellow, you can jump; if it's red cross you can't. And if it's yellow you can pass as soon as you are clear of the downed rider, and even earlier if you can do it without endangering the downed rider or forcing anyone else to hit him or his bike.

Sounds like some confusing signals to everyone. I've volunteered to flag before and it's very difficult to communicate a hazard to oncoming riders, you gotta give those guys a little break. And if Villo had confusing and contradictory signals but made a safe and clean pass, I don't know what the issue is. Maybe we'll see it on video today.
If he wa seeing both it would be confusing? They always have both when the red cross is out. The yellow alerts you to slow down and proceed with caution, the red cross says slow down ore, no passing, no jumping. What's confusing?
500guy
3/3/2013 5:56am
RV seems to do this a few times a season, I get it that he is focused but they need to dock him so he pays attention to the flags.

The officials don't get pressure from Feld or Sponsors, They do get hammered by the Managers as can be expected.
500guy
3/3/2013 5:57am
WhKnuckle wrote:
There's always some kind of controversy, but (although I haven't seen it), if Villo was seeing both yellow and red cross flags, that's confusing. If it's...

ga_pike wrote:
If he wa seeing both it would be confusing? They always have both when the red cross is out. The yellow alerts you to slow down...
If he wa seeing both it would be confusing? They always have both when the red cross is out. The yellow alerts you to slow down and proceed with caution, the red cross says slow down ore, no passing, no jumping. What's confusing?
Yellow only means there is trouble, they are not required to slow down and passing is not illegal
WhKnuckle
3/3/2013 5:57am
WhKnuckle wrote:

ga_pike wrote:
If he wa seeing both it would be confusing? They always have both when the red cross is out. The yellow alerts you to slow down...
This same thing happened a couple of years ago and I thought they were going to stop putting out yellows with red crosses. Maybe they didn't. But if Villo passed Stewie under the red cross, and there was no confusion about it, I don't know how Villo avoided being DQed.
kongols
3/3/2013 6:01am
WhKnuckle wrote:
This same thing happened a couple of years ago and I thought they were going to stop putting out yellows with red crosses. Maybe they didn't...
This same thing happened a couple of years ago and I thought they were going to stop putting out yellows with red crosses. Maybe they didn't. But if Villo passed Stewie under the red cross, and there was no confusion about it, I don't know how Villo avoided being DQed.
I can give you a hint if you don`t know.Whistling

Post a reply to: What if: RV docked 3 places with no red flag

The Latest