What happened with Travis Baker and PJ Larsen?

JD35
Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 8:06pm
I was just watching some old supercross races lately to realize that these two fast guys weren't racing lately. What happened with them? Their style and everything - they have tons of potential!
|
Rdubs19
10/7/2015 8:29am
Travis Baker is a cop now
h&m_cycle
10/7/2015 8:45am
UT OH... The PO PO...

Good looking wife...

Sandberm
10/7/2015 8:46am
Didnt Travis spend two years getting tenth place on the TLD team? Though a great racer by most standards he appeared to be no better then that. He got married if I remember right and moved on and is apparaently a cop now according to the post above. Respectable career i say.

Id like to know how PJ is doing now. What hes up to.
imoto34
Fantasy
3174th
10/7/2015 8:51am
Didn't i just read that PJ was running a dozer at Glen Helen at the GPs?

The Shop

visser62
10/7/2015 8:52am
Travis did well after TLD as a Yamaha privateer, then decided to call it a career. I'm not sure about Larsen, I was actually thinking about that the other day.
h&m_cycle
10/7/2015 9:12am
Looks like Larsen is under the radar... Most exciting thing I found was from his twitter on May 5th...

Something about a possible "minor" hit and run...

Sandberm
10/7/2015 9:18am
Thats an incomtweet tweet.

Did things turn out ok for PJ or did Travis haul him off to jail?
JD35
10/7/2015 9:22am
h&m_cycle wrote:
UT OH... The PO PO... Good looking wife... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/07/107256/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
UT OH... The PO PO...

Good looking wife...

This is better than scoring 10th place on a TLD bike....NOT
Tpog496
10/7/2015 9:26am Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 9:27am
JD35 wrote:
This is better than scoring 10th place on a TLD bike....NOT
Are you talking shit about his wife?
mx_563
10/7/2015 9:46am
That's villos first girlfriend Kendall
The industry GF/wife scene is a trip. Between Morais/Short and Pingree/Lawrence I bet there's a shit ton of other intertwined relationship routes. TMZ's got nothing on the moto industry, so it seems.
Underdog999
10/7/2015 9:57am
Kendall is the sweetest, nicest, funniest girl on the planet. Don't talk crap on her! She was with Travis quite a long time before they got married, so it's not like you are making it out to be.

Travis was better than 10th place, he often got in the top 5 as well. He was a great rider.

They have a baby girl on the way!
disbanded
Fantasy
1734th
10/7/2015 9:57am
Travis arrested me a while back. Nice guy...
TeamRags
10/7/2015 10:17am
h&m_cycle wrote:
UT OH... The PO PO... Good looking wife... [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/10/07/107256/s1200_Capture.jpg[/img]
UT OH... The PO PO...

Good looking wife...

This guy did it right! Had a great time riding in the lites class while making better than average money, lived the moto life, married his long time girlfriend, bought a house with his MX money and landed a pretty good job with excellent retirement!

How many washed up MX riders wished they could go back in time and do it like Travis did? A lot!
TXDirt
10/7/2015 11:33am
TeamRags wrote:
This guy did it right! Had a great time riding in the lites class while making better than average money, lived the moto life, married his...
This guy did it right! Had a great time riding in the lites class while making better than average money, lived the moto life, married his long time girlfriend, bought a house with his MX money and landed a pretty good job with excellent retirement!

How many washed up MX riders wished they could go back in time and do it like Travis did? A lot!
X2.

This is a big problem with a lot of riders to be honest. They don't know when to fold them and move on with life. It's a big challenge because to get to the level where you can crack mains and mx motos you have basically dedicated your entire life to racing. Racing is your identity and it can be a scary thought to be in your early 20's and have to make a decision to loose your identity and something you love and start over down a different path.

If it was an easy choice everyone would make it. Unfortunately, usually the right choices are the difficult ones to make.
The Rock
10/7/2015 1:52pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
UT OH... The PO PO...

Good looking wife...

What a gorgeous couple!
The Rock
10/7/2015 1:58pm
TeamRags wrote:
This guy did it right! Had a great time riding in the lites class while making better than average money, lived the moto life, married his...

TXDirt wrote:
X2. This is a big problem with a lot of riders to be honest. They don't know when to fold them and move on with life...
X2.

This is a big problem with a lot of riders to be honest. They don't know when to fold them and move on with life. It's a big challenge because to get to the level where you can crack mains and mx motos you have basically dedicated your entire life to racing. Racing is your identity and it can be a scary thought to be in your early 20's and have to make a decision to loose your identity and something you love and start over down a different path.

If it was an easy choice everyone would make it. Unfortunately, usually the right choices are the difficult ones to make.
This is one thread that ever up and coming racer should read IMHO.

On a separate note hate to be the "does anal retentive have a hyphen" guy but the word you were looking for is "make a decision to lose your identity. You let loose after work at the track but lose your money gambling then your are a loser. You'll be so bummed you'll have to make your collar looser.

I think loosing might be a roping phrase but i"m not a cowboy so will reserve comment. I do know I want to be on the winning team and not the losing team.

The word I spelled wrong for years was definitely but then I got it down.

Now who can help me with affect and effect? Seriously these two words jack me up.
Zaugg
10/7/2015 2:07pm
PJ is working for Scanlon Construction, the crew that builds the National Track the the MXGP track at Glen Helen.

He seems to be pretty happy and helps out building other tracks like Mammoth Qualifiers, Lucas Oil Races, etc.

As he puts it, "I'm faster than you for about a corner or two...then I need to catch my breath." haha
MT MX
10/7/2015 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 2:07pm
mx_563 wrote:
The industry GF/wife scene is a trip. Between Morais/Short and Pingree/Lawrence I bet there's a shit ton of other intertwined relationship routes. TMZ's got nothing on...
The industry GF/wife scene is a trip. Between Morais/Short and Pingree/Lawrence I bet there's a shit ton of other intertwined relationship routes. TMZ's got nothing on the moto industry, so it seems.
What's the Pingree/Lawrence correlation? I know Randy was Dave's mechanic for awhile at Suzuki, but what else?
h&m_cycle
10/7/2015 2:15pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 2:20pm
The Rock wrote:
This is one thread that ever up and coming racer should read IMHO. On a separate note hate to be the "does anal retentive have a...

On a separate note hate to be the "does anal retentive have a hyphen" guy but the word you were looking for is "make a decision to lose your identity. You let loose after work at the track but lose your money gambling then your are a loser. You'll be so bummed you'll have to make your collar looser.

I think loosing might be a roping phrase but i"m not a cowboy so will reserve comment. I do know I want to be on the winning team and not the losing team.

Now who can help me with affect and effect? Seriously these two words jack me up.
I'm the last guy that should give a spelling lesson, but I don't know if your spelling lose and loose wrong on purpose
or what?Silly

I think it's a good idea to feel looser on the starting line...

Getting lapped twice in a 15 minute C class moto wouldn't make me feel looser... hee hee
maybe "a loser" planning on a new hobby...
TXDirt
10/7/2015 2:22pm
The Rock wrote:
This is one thread that ever up and coming racer should read IMHO. On a separate note hate to be the "does anal retentive have a...

I think you mean "....every up and coming racer......"

Not "....ever up and coming racer......'

I know it's easy to get confused with that and I hate to be that guy to point it out. I'm sure you want all your posts grammatically accurate so I knew you would appreciate it...
mx_563
10/7/2015 3:00pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 3:01pm
MT MX wrote:
What's the Pingree/Lawrence correlation? I know Randy was Dave's mechanic for awhile at Suzuki, but what else?
Phil and Randy Lawrence are Pingree's brothers-in-law if I'm not mistaken. And back in the day, one of them, (not sure if it was Randy or Phil) hooked up with Ping's sister (thought I heard Ping mention this on Pulpmx one time)
FlaNard
10/7/2015 3:07pm
h&m_cycle wrote:
UT OH... The PO PO...

Good looking wife...

That is what you call a winner in life right there. Well done sir.
Mr. Info
10/7/2015 3:37pm
I know Travis and he is a great young man. His father is always out at SRA and is still screaming fast. His dad raised him well and he chose another avenue to life and said his racing years taught him so many valuable lessons he can't thank them all enough for the help they gave him. And yes I have seen a lot of PJ the past few weeks and another great young man. If this is what being a pro does to some of these kids to help them grow up it has worked. If you haven't made a mistake in life you have been dead at birth.
The Rock
10/7/2015 7:34pm Edited Date/Time 10/7/2015 7:35pm
TXDirt wrote:
I think you mean "....[b]every[/b] up and coming racer......" Not "....[b]ever[/b] up and coming racer......' I know it's easy to get confused with that and I...

I know it's easy to get confused with that and I hate to be that guy to point it out. I'm sure you want all your posts grammatically accurate so I knew you would appreciate it...
Well played sir....well played.

EDIT I could still use help on effect and affect
The Rock
10/7/2015 7:38pm
Mr. Info wrote:
I know Travis and he is a great young man. His father is always out at SRA and is still screaming fast. His dad raised him...
I know Travis and he is a great young man. His father is always out at SRA and is still screaming fast. His dad raised him well and he chose another avenue to life and said his racing years taught him so many valuable lessons he can't thank them all enough for the help they gave him. And yes I have seen a lot of PJ the past few weeks and another great young man. If this is what being a pro does to some of these kids to help them grow up it has worked. If you haven't made a mistake in life you have been dead at birth.
Haven't had the pleasure to meet these two young men but one of the highlights of the last three years was hanging out with Michael Lieb and Zach Osborne at Matterly Basin. Both great young men but have gotten to know Michael a little better. I could not be more impressed with his take on things and by the looks of it Zach Osborne's path is a positive one too.

Man is this a great sport or what?
10/7/2015 7:57pm
That's awesome. Wish I could of raced for a couple years to pay for my house, then get out. Smart guy. Must have a good family to bring him down to earth.
mx836
10/7/2015 8:06pm
The Rock wrote:

TXDirt wrote:
I think you mean "....[b]every[/b] up and coming racer......" Not "....[b]ever[/b] up and coming racer......' I know it's easy to get confused with that and I...

Mistakes like that are certainly going to AFFECT his status as the Vital grammar nazi. Let's see if that has an EFFECT on where the thread goes from here.

Post a reply to: What happened with Travis Baker and PJ Larsen?

The Latest