What happened to Steve Mertens?

HOLESHOTmoto
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 2:07pm
Remember him living in Nor Cal. He rode really well. Had that sick tatoo of his name across his stomach. He was right on Tedesco on one of the heat races in sx.

Last time I saw him race was Hangtown at a local race. What the heck happened to him?
|
Void Main
1/28/2011 5:50am
I didn't know he rode but I really liked him on Saturday Night Live.
Holigan
1/28/2011 6:40am
Last I heard, I think he was roofing houses back in CA. Probably the toughest guy I ever met in motocross.
IceMan446
1/28/2011 9:37am Edited Date/Time 1/28/2011 9:38am
I rmemeber racing GFI races and seeing him blow Morais out the water. He crashed a lot and would get right back up and keep on going. Him and Morais had some huge battles and were really fun to watch.
HOLESHOTmoto
1/28/2011 10:36am
He was so fast. He blew past me at Hangtown like I was standing still. Hey Iceman, where in SAC do you live? I lived off of Florin and Bradshaw. Kinda towards Elk Grove.
Went to Sheldon High school

The Shop

Riesenberg448
Fantasy
1959th
1/28/2011 10:49am
A Husky ride happened and ruined his chances to show what he has in the pros. This sport forgets people really quickly.
RexBackman
1/28/2011 11:15am
Daniel Blair had a Husky ride too and quickly gave that up...

Lamson, Travis Preston, Chris Gosselar, Jason Thomas and who else where on Husky's when they had a team 6 - 7 years ago?
husky125
1/28/2011 11:23am
I wanna say that Brian MacGavern, Damien Plotts, One Punch and Paul Carpenter rode for the Husky team at one time or another too.
IceMan446
1/28/2011 11:59am
He was so fast. He blew past me at Hangtown like I was standing still. Hey Iceman, where in SAC do you live? I lived off...
He was so fast. He blew past me at Hangtown like I was standing still. Hey Iceman, where in SAC do you live? I lived off of Florin and Bradshaw. Kinda towards Elk Grove.
I live in midtown currently but grew up in south sac and went to Johnson. Yeah he was a fast kid. I remember racing against him on 80s and the dude was so tall and lanky but rode the wheels off that thing. He would come out on a bike with no graphics or anything on his chest protector so no knew who he was but he would blow the doors off guys. He quickly changed that no name deal. I remember an incident at carnige, him and Morias came together and he blew Morais up and after the race told him "that's what happens to road blocks" dude was as fearless as they come.
HOLESHOTmoto
1/28/2011 12:12pm
He was so fast. He blew past me at Hangtown like I was standing still. Hey Iceman, where in SAC do you live? I lived off...
IceMan446 wrote:
I live in midtown currently but grew up in south sac and went to Johnson. Yeah he was a fast kid. I remember racing against him...
I live in midtown currently but grew up in south sac and went to Johnson. Yeah he was a fast kid. I remember racing against him on 80s and the dude was so tall and lanky but rode the wheels off that thing. He would come out on a bike with no graphics or anything on his chest protector so no knew who he was but he would blow the doors off guys. He quickly changed that no name deal. I remember an incident at carnige, him and Morias came together and he blew Morais up and after the race told him "that's what happens to road blocks" dude was as fearless as they come.
He was the man. He just dissapeared from racing....
agency399
1/28/2011 1:11pm
husky125 wrote:
I wanna say that Brian MacGavern, Damien Plotts, One Punch and Paul Carpenter rode for the Husky team at one time or another too.
And Paul Veraka (sp?), from ct I think? I always wondered if him and his brother still moto.
IceMan446
1/28/2011 1:26pm
IceMan446 wrote:
I live in midtown currently but grew up in south sac and went to Johnson. Yeah he was a fast kid. I remember racing against him...
He was the man. He just dissapeared from racing....
I thought I heard something about him getting hurt. I remember one year at SF he was leading his heat and doubled the triple for some reason and jumped off the last jump and flatlanded on the biggest rock on the track and crashed. He was hauling that day and that's the last I remember from him. I know him and Charlie morrison were buddies and I don't know what happened to him either.
BobbyM
1/28/2011 2:17pm
Remember him living in Nor Cal. He rode really well. Had that sick tatoo of his name across his stomach. He was right on Tedesco on...
Remember him living in Nor Cal. He rode really well. Had that sick tatoo of his name across his stomach. He was right on Tedesco on one of the heat races in sx.

Last time I saw him race was Hangtown at a local race. What the heck happened to him?
ink poisoning?

Post a reply to: What happened to Steve Mertens?

The Latest