What happened to Poucel?

downard254
Edited Date/Time 8/27/2014 5:55am
Anyone see. I watched the first moto but must have missed what happened to him.
|
8/23/2014 6:47pm
Who's Poucel? I thought they said Pourcel tangled with Wilson, must have tweaked himself or that hot rod Yamaha.
downard254
8/24/2014 4:09am
Sorry, Poucel is met pet rock, I think he ran off. Laughing
These Androids, and IPad mini's are a bitch to type on.
kongols
8/24/2014 6:13am
downard254 wrote:
Sorry, Poucel is met pet rock, I think he ran off. Laughing
These Androids, and IPad mini's are a bitch to type on.
You started this thread and put in your own smartass comment just few comments later. Nice going, we hit a new low.

The Shop

downard254
8/24/2014 6:26am
Sorry kongols, knew I was going to catch hell for the typo, thought I'd beat everbody to the punch.
And to be fair, I made the first post last night, then saw the error this morning. Guess I caught everyone napping, so to speak.
zippy895
8/24/2014 9:07am
it looked like in season points ,after his first moto finish,it wouldn't matter in moto 2.next place better and lower,he couldn't do no better or worse.to big a points gap both directions.
that's my take on it anyways.
wow123
8/24/2014 10:15am
zippy895 wrote:
it looked like in season points ,after his first moto finish,it wouldn't matter in moto 2.next place better and lower,he couldn't do no better or worse.to...
it looked like in season points ,after his first moto finish,it wouldn't matter in moto 2.next place better and lower,he couldn't do no better or worse.to big a points gap both directions.
yep, who really gives a fck at that point.

did well for his first year back in what would seem "enemy territory".
a top 3 isnt out of the question in 450 sx on the right team.
8/24/2014 2:48pm
zippy895 wrote:
it looked like in season points ,after his first moto finish,it wouldn't matter in moto 2.next place better and lower,he couldn't do no better or worse.to...
They showed the points after the first moto and it showed him still in 5th but only ahead of Bogle by 9 points. With that in mind I would expect him to ride the 2nd moto if at all possible to hang on to 5th for the series. Don't know if he even started the 2nd moto. Either way as a fan of his I am disappointed with the season and with him. Yes he had some good motos but seemed very inconsistent and rode like a "lay down". I know he is difficult to read and marches to his own drum but I think he could have done much better even with the layoff.
8/24/2014 2:52pm
The one thing to be concerned with when it comes to Pourcel isn't fitness. He can build on that. He has the speed and the talent. So he can win.

The concerning thing is that he seems scared to be going balls out on a track with other guys around him. That track wasn't very technical. All tiers of riders were able to just go as fast as they could on it. He seems scared to pass guys and be in the chaos.
mxgoon
8/24/2014 6:19pm
JMart kicked his ass that's what happened!
davistld01
8/24/2014 8:09pm
Last RacerX tweet I read about him was that he had no goggles on, and was just "cruising around".
Coyote
8/24/2014 8:17pm
mxgoon wrote:
JMart kicked his ass that's what happened!
Agreed!!
TMV
8/25/2014 2:54pm
I guess Yamaha had nothing to offer for 2015 and in typical Pourcel's manners, he did what he did to Kawasaki CLS in the exact same situation a few years back, showed them the finger to thank them for the opportunity...

GATOR
8/27/2014 5:18am
TMV wrote:
I guess Yamaha had nothing to offer for 2015 and in typical Pourcel's manners, he did what he did to Kawasaki CLS in the exact same...
I guess Yamaha had nothing to offer for 2015 and in typical Pourcel's manners, he did what he did to Kawasaki CLS in the exact same situation a few years back, showed them the finger to thank them for the opportunity...

Who needs Pourcel when one's got Martin and Webb?
Maybe when points are awarded for timed practice and holeshots...

Opening up to say the new YZF didn't work so well in the rough and was impossible to set up properly was a smart move, though. Great salesman, Chris. Mostly for himself, lol...

bradnelson
8/27/2014 5:55am
According to his manager Kehoe (from RacerX) :

Erik Kehoe, Valli Motorsports Yamaha team manager, DNF-DNS for thirty-ninth in 250 Class (Christophe Pourcel)

What happened in that first moto with Pourcel?
I didn’t see the actual incident. Christophe was riding pretty well—he looked a little tight—but I think he and Dean Wilson got together in a corner and they ended up both going down. It looked like he had some pretty good tire marks on his side. He was really sore and couldn’t ride the second moto.

Thoughts on the year in general?
Overall, I think it was successful. Christophe is a competitor, and I think he did what he wanted to do by coming back and showing that he was competitive. The team came together so quickly—a new team, a new bike, and a lot of testing and getting used to the bike was all happening during the season. It was tough for him to get through that, but he proved he’s fast and he proved that the bike is competitive. He got a lot of holeshots and was the fastest qualifier a lot of times, and I don’t think that really surprised anybody. So overall I think it was a good year for him in coming back, getting his feet wet, and getting the ball rolling. I don’t know if he’ll be back next year or not. I know there’s been a lot of talk and discussion, and he’s a racer—he wants to race. I don’t know where he’ll be; our whole team was pretty much on a four-month contract. Now everything will go back to the shop and the situation will be reevaluated.

What about you personally?
Right now I’m taking it one step at a time. The travel and everything is pretty tough, but this was a fun project to work on. The Yamaha crew is pretty good to work with, and I’m looking at a couple different projects so we’ll see what’s next. — Aaron Hansel

Post a reply to: What happened to Poucel?

The Latest