What happened to Mcelraths bike?

kkawboy14
He got robbed for sure!
|
philG
2/12/2017 5:12am
At Hawkstone International, Brad Anderson, and another KTM guy pulled in to the holding area with bad misfire / fuelling issues. Nathan Watson also had bike stop, and had injector changed to rectify his problem.. maybe a batch of faulty injectors.

The Shop

machine
2/12/2017 7:54am
Gutted for him and Coop last night. He had that race and Hill even admitted it.
es337
2/12/2017 8:02am
was it the same issue that cost musquin a chance at the 250 outdoors title?
kripple428
2/12/2017 8:22am
philG wrote:
At Hawkstone International, Brad Anderson, and another KTM guy pulled in to the holding area with bad misfire / fuelling issues. Nathan Watson also had bike...
At Hawkstone International, Brad Anderson, and another KTM guy pulled in to the holding area with bad misfire / fuelling issues. Nathan Watson also had bike stop, and had injector changed to rectify his problem.. maybe a batch of faulty injectors.
You might be correct on that but I'd imagine the factory guys are running different injectors than the production bikes
ti473
2/12/2017 8:27am
this sucks really bad...
hillbilly
2/12/2017 9:05am
What was the temperature in there? Boiling fuel makes FI unhappy.
Dtat720
2/12/2017 9:11am
He was clearly twisting the throttle wide open off track and the bike was not responding. He had issues, you literally could watch it cut out down the straight, cut on, cut out again before the turn and cut on again when he pulled off track where he wicked the throttle a few times and the bike did nothing. Bike issue, not a lack of big rides issue
2/12/2017 9:30am
Is it me or is there just too much electronic sh!t on these bikes? Don't get me wrong, all the high tech info we can learn about is great but I think it just increases the chances of failure
LBrooks
2/12/2017 9:35am
I was so impressed with Mcelrath this year. I don't know the guy, but I liked how he approached racing.
He was giving the championship a run and the motorcycle took his chances away. That's hard to take.
I can promise you that Hill's bike won't break down.
machine
2/12/2017 9:35am
Is it me or is there just too much electronic sh!t on these bikes? Don't get me wrong, all the high tech info we can learn...
Is it me or is there just too much electronic sh!t on these bikes? Don't get me wrong, all the high tech info we can learn about is great but I think it just increases the chances of failure
Yep, have you lifted a seat on a KTM, those things are a cluster fuck of wires under there.
Mx286
2/12/2017 9:36am
Is it me or is there just too much electronic sh!t on these bikes? Don't get me wrong, all the high tech info we can learn...
It's nuts. I was talking to Kyle Chisholm's dad and he was telling me about all the electronics. When Kyle rode for JGR, the bike came with instructions on how to wash it so no electronics were messed up.
mx836
2/12/2017 9:37am
machine wrote:
Yep, have you lifted a seat on a KTM, those things are a cluster fuck of wires under there.
2/12/2017 9:40am
Mx286 wrote:
It's nuts. I was talking to Kyle Chisholm's dad and he was telling me about all the electronics. When Kyle rode for JGR, the bike came...
It's nuts. I was talking to Kyle Chisholm's dad and he was telling me about all the electronics. When Kyle rode for JGR, the bike came with instructions on how to wash it so no electronics were messed up.
That's just ridiculous IMO. Seems like years ago everybody did just fine riding a fairly normal bike in SX. I never would have guessed that teams would be using a lap top to tune a race bike like you do with a high performance car. The technology is amazing and I'm always intrigued to read about it but man, I like things simple lol
2/12/2017 9:41am
The race bikes are so complicated now it could have been a number of things. 24 laps is a long race
Motofinne
2/12/2017 9:42am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2017 9:58am
Some of you are crazy. Do you seriously think that KTM would accept Shane doing that on purpose? Making the bike look bad like that?

And to you who think the bikes are too "technical" or there is too much electronics that might fail. Just stop. Bikes technical issues 40 years ago and will continue to have issues once in a while 40 years from now. Stop with MX and start riding Speedway if you want "simple" bikes. The complete lack of any development of Speedway bikes have gone well for those guys? Not really.
mx836
2/12/2017 9:51am
That's just ridiculous IMO. Seems like years ago everybody did just fine riding a fairly normal bike in SX. I never would have guessed that teams...
That's just ridiculous IMO. Seems like years ago everybody did just fine riding a fairly normal bike in SX. I never would have guessed that teams would be using a lap top to tune a race bike like you do with a high performance car. The technology is amazing and I'm always intrigued to read about it but man, I like things simple lol
To be fair, this was a Yamaha problem specifically. Was happening all over the world, not just to JGR. Same reason why J-Mart's bike wouldn't start before one of the Nationals a couple years ago. I believe it was Glen Helen.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
2/12/2017 9:55am
machine wrote:
Too funny!! I said the exact same thing yesterday when my KTM wouldn't start, drained the battery, and took the seat off to charge the battery.

Luckily, it started up once I got the battery recharged. No idea what was wrong but it's running now. Woot woot!
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
2/12/2017 10:02am Edited Date/Time 2/12/2017 10:12am
LBrooks wrote:
I was so impressed with Mcelrath this year. I don't know the guy, but I liked how he approached racing. He was giving the championship a...
I was so impressed with Mcelrath this year. I don't know the guy, but I liked how he approached racing.
He was giving the championship a run and the motorcycle took his chances away. That's hard to take.
Shots fired!

PC doing something different than when they were breaking down?

When you say, without caveat, "I promise you Hill's bike won't breakdown" you are making an absolute declaration, which just isn't possible. Sounds like something someone would say that is bitter about something.
wwoberg
2/12/2017 10:05am
machine wrote:
pbody wrote:
Too funny!! I said the exact same thing yesterday when my KTM wouldn't start, drained the battery, and took the seat off to charge the battery...
Too funny!! I said the exact same thing yesterday when my KTM wouldn't start, drained the battery, and took the seat off to charge the battery.

Luckily, it started up once I got the battery recharged. No idea what was wrong but it's running now. Woot woot!
I'm actually doing a Top End/Valves on my 2013 RMZ250 today. This morning I had to unplug 9.....yes 9 electrical plug thingys to get the head off. There are still more hooked up.
2/12/2017 10:09am
The race bikes are so complicated now it could have been a number of things. 24 laps is a long race
What is it with this "long race" shit??

Jeff Emig cannot get his head around it either- the second time ive heard him pass comment on this being "a long race tonight"- NEWSFLASH, this week's mains were the same length as last week's, the week before, the week before that!

NEXT weeks will be the same n' all!
Jeez Guys c'mon!
level
2/12/2017 10:38am
I feel so bad for Shane. Championships are so hard to come by and to have a bike failure when leading points after that win is just devastating.
2/12/2017 10:50am
Motofinne wrote:
Some of you are crazy. Do you seriously think that KTM would accept Shane doing that on purpose? Making the bike look bad like that? And...
Some of you are crazy. Do you seriously think that KTM would accept Shane doing that on purpose? Making the bike look bad like that?

And to you who think the bikes are too "technical" or there is too much electronics that might fail. Just stop. Bikes technical issues 40 years ago and will continue to have issues once in a while 40 years from now. Stop with MX and start riding Speedway if you want "simple" bikes. The complete lack of any development of Speedway bikes have gone well for those guys? Not really.
Wow. Touchy subject for you today.
2/12/2017 10:56am
LBrooks wrote:
I was so impressed with Mcelrath this year. I don't know the guy, but I liked how he approached racing. He was giving the championship a...
It's European..of course it can break down.
Mit12
2/12/2017 11:00am
It is a bummer what happened to Mcalraths bike for sure and I am sure that PC knows the pain of bike failure also.
Skidaddle
2/12/2017 11:18am
What is it with this "long race" shit?? Jeff Emig cannot get his head around it either- the second time ive heard him pass comment on...
What is it with this "long race" shit??

Jeff Emig cannot get his head around it either- the second time ive heard him pass comment on this being "a long race tonight"- NEWSFLASH, this week's mains were the same length as last week's, the week before, the week before that!

NEXT weeks will be the same n' all!
Jeez Guys c'mon!
If 20 minutes is long, their ladies may disagree.

For what it's worth, Riders have said they have held their hand on the killswitch before to avoid pointing out.

Didn't Bradshaw say he let Stanton win so he could negotiate a new high dollar contract so he wouldn't be locked in for another year with an Automatic Renewal if he won the championship?

WRH
2/12/2017 12:00pm
I was there and if you talented gents could make up a pit board that says "Let PC Bye" then that would add additional humor to this topic. Mcelraths bike handled supurb, and was hauling Ass. When things are going that well nobody shuts it down on purpose.

Post a reply to: What happened to Mcelraths bike?

The Latest