What happened to EMIG??

endoh935
2/1/2010 8:51pm
fro's certainly improved since his early beginings in broadcasting the SX races..GO the FRO!! Cool
Ozy
2/1/2010 8:56pm
endoh935 wrote:
fro's certainly improved since his early beginings in broadcasting the SX races..GO the FRO!! Cool
Isn't this an understatement, Jeff has come a million miles from his post race podium interviews when he was racing. I enjoy listening to him do SX races
GIwasB4
2/1/2010 9:25pm
GuyB wrote:
You know those races when the leader had a 15-second lead and everyone else was strung out behind him? Yeah, those. Well, I'm not sure if...
You know those races when the leader had a 15-second lead and everyone else was strung out behind him?

Yeah, those.

Well, I'm not sure if you've noticed, but we haven't had many of those this season. Trying to be smooth and laid-back when there's almost non-stop action? That's a tall order.
And keep your heart rate down. Emig does a fine job.

RC is absolutely cool to have visiting the announcer's booth, although he absolutely needs to use "absolutely" a bit less.
He is the GOAT though, so I guess he can say it as many times as he wishes.
Hank_Thrill
2/1/2010 9:31pm
endoh935 wrote:
Ozy wrote:
Isn't this an understatement, Jeff has come a million miles from his post race podium interviews when he was racing. I enjoy listening to him do...
Isn't this an understatement, Jeff has come a million miles from his post race podium interviews when he was racing. I enjoy listening to him do SX races
True that, I remember he use to say "ya know" about 60 times in a podium interview.

He's doing fine. If anyone doesn't like it, just put your television on mute, and do your OWN commentating. Problem solved...

The Shop

YAKMX
2/1/2010 9:33pm
Been doing this announcing stuff for over 25 yrs. I think they all do a great job for tv coverage. They all have to bring more to the table than on a local level. Just calling a race as they see it isn't enough for the tv audience. The majority of the viewing audience want insight and commentary that analyzes every detail. Plus it is hard to announce when you have other people doing it with you. The only person I have been able to comfortably work with is Erv Braun. Everyone else were more of a distraction than a helping hand. But tv is a different story. If the racing is great I don't even really notice much of what they are saying. I like the fact we are getting good tv coverage. I hope we never get so mainstream that we have the same type of tv announcing that football has..
Quickdraw
2/1/2010 10:42pm
Emig is fine he does a great job, but i still miss DB
Josh422
2/1/2010 11:08pm
No probs with emig but I still wanna see the canadian announcers do the nationals...
RACERX69
2/2/2010 3:39am
Phlewy,

You're a douche. It never ceases to amaze me when people bag on the Color guy's. These guy's are racers and add an element to the braodcast no one else can.

Jeff does a great job in my opinion and deserves to be there. Plus, the dude was/is a bad ass on a dirt bike. For that, I respect his racing opinion's a hell of alot more than some internet asswipe like yourself.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/2/2010 6:17am Edited Date/Time 2/2/2010 6:18am
endoh935 wrote:
Ozy wrote:
Isn't this an understatement, Jeff has come a million miles from his post race podium interviews when he was racing. I enjoy listening to him do...
True that, I remember he use to say "ya know" about 60 times in a podium interview. He's doing fine. If anyone doesn't like it, just...
True that, I remember he use to say "ya know" about 60 times in a podium interview.

He's doing fine. If anyone doesn't like it, just put your television on mute, and do your OWN commentating. Problem solved...
No, the problem is not solved, and this is the problem with our sport. The fans are fine with sub-par broadcasting, if you just happened to turn on the TV and saw SX without knowing what it was, you would change it after listening to 5 minutes of fro and shaheen. They are that unprofessional.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
2/2/2010 8:03am
I can't believe you guys. Jeff does freaking great. It's all the more remarkable when you consider he had a significant speech impediment when he was young. Give him a break. If they shoved a mic in your hand and turned on the bright lights and rolled the camera, not one of you fuggers would have anything more to say than

"umm,,da,,,,deee,,,,duhduhduh...mommy?".
crowe176
2/2/2010 8:06am
That's exactly what Emig said Saturday night!
adamdf
2/2/2010 10:25am
Plewy were you trying to be funny? Epic fail. Were you trying to be cool? Epic fail! Emig is awesome and does a great job, maybe you should listen to the mathes podcast with emig, they talk about the broadcasting thing and its not half as easy as you think. This board can seriously use less of ur kind and that's the first time I've ever said that to anyone on a message board.

We
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/2/2010 10:28am
I can't believe you guys. Jeff does freaking great. It's all the more remarkable when you consider he had a significant speech impediment when he was...
I can't believe you guys. Jeff does freaking great. It's all the more remarkable when you consider he had a significant speech impediment when he was young. Give him a break. If they shoved a mic in your hand and turned on the bright lights and rolled the camera, not one of you fuggers would have anything more to say than

Awesome that he overcame a speech impediment, but the fact of the matter is, that isnt worth 2 shits professionaly. His job is to be a speaker, why on earth someone would hire someone with a speech impediment is beyond me.
noob
2/2/2010 10:36am
I can't believe you guys. Jeff does freaking great. It's all the more remarkable when you consider he had a significant speech impediment when he was...

Awesome that he overcame a speech impediment, but the fact of the matter is, that isnt worth 2 shits professionaly. His job is to be a...
Awesome that he overcame a speech impediment, but the fact of the matter is, that isnt worth 2 shits professionaly. His job is to be a speaker, why on earth someone would hire someone with a speech impediment is beyond me.
adamdf
2/2/2010 10:37am
Zook you sound just as uninformed as phlewy, you too need to listen to the podcast emig did with mathes, there is a whole other element they are trying to bring to the general public, us hardcore moto guys are only a fraction of the audience, their job Is to bring the mainstream in so sometimes they will say things that may some obvious to us but believe it or not they aren't talking to us at that point in time
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/2/2010 10:55am
adamdf wrote:
Zook you sound just as uninformed as phlewy, you too need to listen to the podcast emig did with mathes, there is a whole other element...
Zook you sound just as uninformed as phlewy, you too need to listen to the podcast emig did with mathes, there is a whole other element they are trying to bring to the general public, us hardcore moto guys are only a fraction of the audience, their job Is to bring the mainstream in so sometimes they will say things that may some obvious to us but believe it or not they aren't talking to us at that point in time
I dont care about him stating the obvious, I get that. My problem with Emig is that he is a poor speaker. Someone paid to speak publicly should NEVER say mkoy multiple times in a broadcast. He says "aahh" a lot, also says "ya know". If he could work on his filler words he would be good, but he needs a lot of polishing.
englishman
2/2/2010 11:08am
If "they' were serious about the whole deal they,whoever "they" are, would send those guys to coaching classes to get rid of the filler words and sharpen stuff up.

Jeff does a good enough job. If you think you could do better, next time there's a race on have a bunch of buddies come to your house, fill 'em up with beer, turn the sound down and commentate the whole thing yourself.

If your buds haven't got anything bad to say about the job you did rock on otherwise don't bag on a guy doing the best he can.

He's probably getting paid shit anyways.

zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/2/2010 11:09am
englishman wrote:
If "they' were serious about the whole deal they,whoever "they" are, would send those guys to coaching classes to get rid of the filler words and...
If "they' were serious about the whole deal they,whoever "they" are, would send those guys to coaching classes to get rid of the filler words and sharpen stuff up.

Jeff does a good enough job. If you think you could do better, next time there's a race on have a bunch of buddies come to your house, fill 'em up with beer, turn the sound down and commentate the whole thing yourself.

If your buds haven't got anything bad to say about the job you did rock on otherwise don't bag on a guy doing the best he can.

He's probably getting paid shit anyways.

But he is getting paid
adamdf
2/2/2010 11:33am
adamdf wrote:
Zook you sound just as uninformed as phlewy, you too need to listen to the podcast emig did with mathes, there is a whole other element...
I dont care about him stating the obvious, I get that. My problem with Emig is that he is a poor speaker. Someone paid to speak...
I dont care about him stating the obvious, I get that. My problem with Emig is that he is a poor speaker. Someone paid to speak publicly should NEVER say mkoy multiple times in a broadcast. He says "aahh" a lot, also says "ya know". If he could work on his filler words he would be good, but he needs a lot of polishing.
ok so would you rather them use some nerd that knows nothing about motocross? Let's face it, none of the champs i know have doctor degrees in broadcasting/media or whatever it is labeled. I'm so glad Emig is the guy they use, i get your point and where you are coming from, but the pluses outweigh the negatives by far..
slowvet
2/2/2010 11:41am

bingo.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
2/2/2010 11:52am
adamdf wrote:
I dont care about him stating the obvious, I get that. My problem with Emig is that he is a poor speaker. Someone paid to speak...
adamdf wrote:
ok so would you rather them use some nerd that knows nothing about motocross? Let's face it, none of the champs i know have doctor degrees...
ok so would you rather them use some nerd that knows nothing about motocross? Let's face it, none of the champs i know have doctor degrees in broadcasting/media or whatever it is labeled. I'm so glad Emig is the guy they use, i get your point and where you are coming from, but the pluses outweigh the negatives by far..
You nailed the problem perfectly. I also dont want some guy who has no clue what he is talking about but speaks well. Bailey was a legend in the booth, well spoken and had deep knowledge. There needs to be someone with excellent speaking skills and a good grasp of the sport, to me personally Emig just isnt there yet, and I dont know if he ever will be. Pingree had knowledge and was a pretty good speaker, just lacked entusiasm. Im not saying it is an easy job, it most certainly isnt, and it definetly isnt a job for everyone. It takes a lot of balance, with knowledge/entusiam/correct speech/and neutrality.
hammertime
2/2/2010 11:55am
phlewy wrote:
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd...
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd to 8th in 3 seconds.

Professional Racer?.... ubetcha..

Professional Broadcaster?.... ummmm... , YIKES!!!

Did asterik mule cart him off after that showing? It was brutal.
boooooooring!

get a life...this ones played!
JPT
2/2/2010 12:10pm
Emigs OK, but RC, not so much.
Butters
2/2/2010 12:22pm
Stewart's not doing anything, throw him in the booth. That way Ralph will have his mouth full and we won't have to listen to him. It's a win, win.
straight^
2/2/2010 1:31pm
Zook you're bang on.

It amazes me how on one hand so many moto fans crave mainstream growth, yet are so easily satisfied with mediocrity.

burnside
2/2/2010 2:02pm
I think they both do a great job... You guys need to check out the dry, dull GP coverage to see how good they are (and the whole TV package)... Even more impressive Jeff got to where he is with a speech impediment.
Brent
2/2/2010 3:20pm
Some of you guys are just Dicks.

Jeff is a color commentator, he doesn't have to be perfect. He won a champoinship, that's what qualifies him to be in the booth. I think hes pretty good at what he does, considering he used to sttutter pretty badly.

No matter WHO they get to announce, somebody is always hatin'
P
2/2/2010 3:30pm
phlewy wrote:
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd...
If broadcasting was racing, EMIG shorted the triple, took a handle bar to the nuts, and slopped up the whoops so bad he went from 2nd to 8th in 3 seconds.

Professional Racer?.... ubetcha..

Professional Broadcaster?.... ummmm... , YIKES!!!

Did asterik mule cart him off after that showing? It was brutal.
I think that he does a good job, but that's just MHO. He has come a long way in his broadcasting skills.

P
BobbyM
2/2/2010 3:53pm Edited Date/Time 2/2/2010 5:49pm
I think he does a fine job. Nobody is perfect.
emig does ok...there are a dozen more that wanted that job that are and would do better imho

Post a reply to: What happened to EMIG??

The Latest