What happened to Barcia?

Joko
Fantasy
233rd
Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 8:22pm
Did he go down, or just fade off the pace?
|
ATKpilot99
1/19/2014 3:07pm
Didn't get a great start and couldn't work his way up.
wildbill
1/19/2014 3:42pm
Blue vinyl from the 1980's was too slick for a works big bore.
toroP
1/19/2014 4:07pm
He was a bit behind Dungey after RD's crash, then seems to have crashed himself on lap 14.

The Shop

dirtnapper
1/19/2014 4:09pm
I think the REAL problem is most of you guys have made waaaaayyy too big a deal out of Barcia, Tomac and Roczen.

Barcia won last year, sure, but was never in the title hunt.

I gotta admit, Kenny is surprising me a LOT, but I just never bought into the hype that those three guys ( and Hahn ) were going to be top contenders all the time.

Give em all a few years - they are still young and learning.
1/19/2014 5:58pm
The 13-14 450 Honda is the new bike thats no good for the Pro riders. Not alot of success in USA or Europe......
hvaughn88
1/19/2014 6:11pm Edited Date/Time 1/19/2014 6:12pm
I remember hearing on one of matthes' fly moto 60 shows that barcia has been trying to get a bunch of deals done right now. Seems it might be taking some of his focus off the racing...or so it seems from the comfort of my couch thousands of miles away from the center of motocross haha.
1/19/2014 7:00pm
Think they said he had a practice crash and tore some muscles in his shoulder and probably struggled with that. Or maybe that was another rider.
es337
1/19/2014 7:02pm
Think they said he had a practice crash and tore some muscles in his shoulder and probably struggled with that. Or maybe that was another rider.
thats grant
1/19/2014 8:16pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I think the REAL problem is most of you guys have made waaaaayyy too big a deal out of Barcia, Tomac and Roczen. Barcia won last...
I think the REAL problem is most of you guys have made waaaaayyy too big a deal out of Barcia, Tomac and Roczen.

I gotta admit, Kenny is surprising me a LOT, but I just never bought into the hype that those three guys ( and Hahn ) were going to be top contenders all the time.

They can't all be Dungeys, but come on -- Barcia and Tomac dominated their class like Dungey could've only dreamed of. Very Villopoto-like, in fact. (Plus word around town is Tomac and Roczen have quite a bit of seat time (possibly a whole, whole lot) on big bikes already.)

You'd almost have to be dumb not to believe the hype, at least as far as the Americans are concerned (Hahn excluded. I didn't realize there was Hahn-hype). Sure, you might be right and they'll be turds, but that's akin to Dungey fans thinking that he'll win the title over RV with consistency and 1 or 2 wins. He might luck out and RV'll crash out, but on paper it's not going to happen.

RV took till his second year to get on a roll, so I don't think it's too much to ask that Barcia be a title contender this year, though the pace has certainly grown. Put Barcia or Roczen this year in with Ryans V & D in 2010 and they'd send the Ryans home with their asses as carry-ons. I don't even know what that means, but you get the picture.
dirtnapper
1/19/2014 8:19pm
dirtnapper wrote:
I think the REAL problem is most of you guys have made waaaaayyy too big a deal out of Barcia, Tomac and Roczen. Barcia won last...

They can't all be Dungeys, but come on -- Barcia and Tomac dominated their class like Dungey could've only dreamed of. Very Villopoto-like, in fact. (Plus...
They can't all be Dungeys, but come on -- Barcia and Tomac dominated their class like Dungey could've only dreamed of. Very Villopoto-like, in fact. (Plus word around town is Tomac and Roczen have quite a bit of seat time (possibly a whole, whole lot) on big bikes already.)

You'd almost have to be dumb not to believe the hype, at least as far as the Americans are concerned (Hahn excluded. I didn't realize there was Hahn-hype). Sure, you might be right and they'll be turds, but that's akin to Dungey fans thinking that he'll win the title over RV with consistency and 1 or 2 wins. He might luck out and RV'll crash out, but on paper it's not going to happen.

RV took till his second year to get on a roll, so I don't think it's too much to ask that Barcia be a title contender this year, though the pace has certainly grown. Put Barcia or Roczen this year in with Ryans V & D in 2010 and they'd send the Ryans home with their asses as carry-ons. I don't even know what that means, but you get the picture.
Cool, bro.

Thanks for clarifying! Smile
1/19/2014 8:21pm

I don't know what this is supposed to mean but it's making me laugh. Is it just a sand-king reference, or is there more implied (GP titles and records, etc.)?

Also that might be the biggest sig in the whole world.

Post a reply to: What happened to Barcia?

The Latest