What happened on PulpMx with producer

moto0852
12/28/2015 6:15pm Edited Date/Time 2/14/2016 1:13am
O.K. I'm a little out of the loop. Haven't listened for a while. Looks like Steves looking for a new producer. Is the kid finally on the way out?
|
jackiej
12/28/2015 6:16pm
last week was his first week gone but it wasn't a bad departure from what we know. tits is back tonight for 2nd night in a row but isn't staying. they are doing another try out...2 people have try-out so far.
zehn
12/28/2015 6:20pm
Isn't the producer the one that everybody bitches about?
MxKing809
Fantasy
158th
12/28/2015 6:46pm
Yeah, Devin Gibbs. Everyone hated him. He would get pissy if anyone bagged on him.... really thin skin IMO.
Hudd_421
12/28/2015 6:47pm
I wish tits would stay...

The Shop

Spooner
12/28/2015 6:50pm

Firefly47
12/28/2015 7:03pm
I hope I sleep tonight after reading that.
731chopper
Fantasy
390th
12/28/2015 7:03pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2015 7:05pm
It's a tough position to be put in, especially when you're as young as he is. His last episode (I think it was) he had a mini meltdown and you could tell the insults were getting to him. I hope he did end on good terms with Matthes and understands that most of the people calling him names couldn't do any better.

*edit* typed this out before the Instagram screenshot was posted.
jackiej
12/28/2015 8:18pm
ouch didn't see how that was handled...
TheGetFresh
Fantasy
2520th
12/28/2015 8:35pm
Coming out and saying something like exemplifies why he was cut. I get it, sometimes you try something, it doesn't work out and you move on. That's life. You figure out where you belong by trying out places you don't. But to say he had it out for you and you didn't want to get bullied is just petty. Maybe Steve's a dick. Could be. Still, go out with a little grace and don't put him on blast through your photo social medium.

I actually like gibbs. Sick a dick, bro. Suck a dick.
OW38B
Fantasy
148th
12/28/2015 9:26pm
So I'm listening to last weeks podcast and we get the news that Goober Gibbs is out........I literally shout out "There is a god, Thank you Jesus, There is a god!" Woohoo

He might have been passable if he just produced the show instead of trying being a show personality.
mattyhamz2
Fantasy
760th
12/28/2015 10:20pm
I met Gibbs a couple years back. He's one of my buddies cousins. He was a nice kid the few times I hung out with him. Seemed to have skin a little on the thin side but he was a nice kid. Sometimes things just don't work out.
12/28/2015 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 12/28/2015 11:13pm
I heard it was a bitter love triangle between Steve, Gibbs and rocky.

But in all seriousness it kind of got irritating listening to Gibbs lose his shit and carry on like a porkchop. He copped a lot of shit but he made it worse by reacting and not learning from it, I'm sure Steve would of had words with him previously about toning it down and speaking when spoken to and not trying to force himself into the limelight .
12/28/2015 11:16pm
I never really liked how he tried to interject so often into the show. I also never liked when Steve piled on. It was just kind of awkward. Then Gibbs would start losing his shit.... wash, rinse repeat. It's good for the show to go in a fresh new direction.
S.Loyer
12/28/2015 11:57pm
I liked Gibbs.
He wasn't great but he wasn't the shit show people made him out to be.
I thought everyone was a dick and a douchebag to him so I didn't really blame him for his actions and attitudes towards others.
Motofinne
12/29/2015 1:29am
I never really liked how he tried to interject so often into the show. I also never liked when Steve piled on. It was just kind...
I never really liked how he tried to interject so often into the show. I also never liked when Steve piled on. It was just kind of awkward. Then Gibbs would start losing his shit.... wash, rinse repeat. It's good for the show to go in a fresh new direction.
I agree with you. Gibbs wasn't good but i can't understand why Matthes would pile on the guy with all those stupid hate voicemails that didn't contribute with anything. And then when someone actually tried to help Gibbs and give constructive criticism he just went full on crazy and called everyone dick heads.

jemcee
12/29/2015 1:57am
I never get around to listening to Pulp but I read a thread where people were complaining about Gibbs

Before reading this thread I thought they meant Coy Gibbs haha
JustMX
12/29/2015 6:03am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2015 6:05am
"Find what it is in life you don't do well, then don't do that thing"

From the world's most interesting man's career advice

visser62
12/29/2015 7:58am
Gibbs seemed like a good kid, but I never really cared for having him on the show.

Tits just has such a unique personality, makes for great radio bro.
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
12/29/2015 8:01am
Never heard of him
CRF505
12/29/2015 8:08am
I get no enjoyment in seeing someone "fired", but I was happy to see him go. The previous producer, Tits, was a bit of a "lovable loser". The Tits vs Tits segment was funny and his lack of moto knowledge was entertaining. He spoke when he was spoken to, which was just right when it came to how much you want to hear from a producer (much like an on air radio show). Gibbs was not the on air talent - that's Steve, Keefer, DV, Watson, and Ping's job. Gibbs needed to just shut up and do his job. He was dumb, had horrible opinions, and had a terrible radio voice that sounded a lot like Butthead or Napoleon's brother. In addition, his lisp and inability to read were maddening, so no one wanted to hear the guy. He detracted from the show, big time.
SAM642
12/29/2015 8:09am
i feel bad for him, i think he did really love the show and being on it, he copped quite a bit of shit. its no secret that steve can be a little abrasive and id be the first to say that devon got a little defensive sometimes but i don't think he deserved all of the voice mails etc, sometimes felt like they were trying to push him off.

i have to be honest i did always wonder if they got on off of the show, considering gibbs was there every monday in his house. i assumed they must get on a little bit.
elementmx
12/29/2015 8:40am
ITS ABOUT TIME. good call steve.

good lord. hes 19 or 20 i think. hes a kid and acts like one on the show. immature, insecure and among other issues tries to put on this false bravado that was easy to see through.

again he is still very young so i simply hope he learns from this experience and grows as a person.
NV825
Fantasy
2711th
12/29/2015 8:47am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2015 8:49am
Glad he's gone. The job of the producer is to be more behind the scenes and only give their opinion when asked by the host or guest. He would constantly interject his opinion or what he thought was something witty when the majority of the listeners didn't care to hear it. I would say I'm surprised he didn't try to change after all the hate the show received through emails and voice mails, but from seeing his IG post it's apparent he's not mature enough to know his role in a business.
JeepnMike
12/29/2015 8:51am
jemcee wrote:
I never get around to listening to Pulp but I read a thread where people were complaining about Gibbs Before reading this thread I thought they...
I never get around to listening to Pulp but I read a thread where people were complaining about Gibbs

Before reading this thread I thought they meant Coy Gibbs haha
Exact same thing here. You must be talking about a thread titled "Gibbs Out" with everyone rejoicing. I thought it was weird that Coy had pissed so many people off. Laughing (I didn't read that thread either).
Matthes
12/29/2015 9:22am
It's cool to me that a small thing like this happening on our show gets its own thread on Vital!

People want to look for some big thing that happened or maybe a fight or whatever but sometimes, things just end. I felt like we needed a change in that position for chemistry sakes, I felt like Gibbs was losing interest and getting angrier and I did hear the numerous voicemails, read the tweets, emails or on here for people that were also not pumped on having him on the show. Like, it got to be a lot. Add all three of those things up and we decided to make a change. Gibbs is cool, he did a good job for us and hopefully he's not pissed.
12/29/2015 10:10am
Love the show. The best guests are #1 keefer damn close 2nd is dv. Keefer has a lot of technical knowledge on stuff thats makes it good.
Driven71
Fantasy
267th
12/29/2015 10:24am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2015 10:26am
I haven't listened to last night's show yet, but I thought Talon was great last week. Strong moto knowledge, good radio voice, able to hold up his end of the conversation. Seemed like 'one of the guys' which gave the show a nice flow and 'feel'. It seemed more like something you'd hear on satellite radio and less like public access - not at all 'janky'. Huge upgrade.
40Plus_922mx
12/29/2015 10:27am
The dude did not get it. He was supposed to be a shadow of a personality, back up Steve, carefully handle the guests (all professional athletes, some of whom are rockstar millionaires), and ensure his job is done seamlessly all with humility and maybe a tad of lightly seasoned sarcasm.

But there were times where I could hear him challenge Steve and even talk loudly into the mike calling Steve out on stuff. Lame lame lame. Biting the hand that feeds you. If I only heard a few things then I am sure there was more behind the scenes we did not hear. Hence Steve's decision.

For Devin to then post on his social media a statement that clears himself of all wrongdoing, but suggests Steve is unfair in his decision like there is some kind of conspiracy, tells a lot. He still doesn't get it.
peelout
12/29/2015 11:05am Edited Date/Time 12/29/2015 11:07am
Matthes wrote:
It's cool to me that a small thing like this happening on our show gets its own thread on Vital! People want to look for some...
It's cool to me that a small thing like this happening on our show gets its own thread on Vital!

People want to look for some big thing that happened or maybe a fight or whatever but sometimes, things just end. I felt like we needed a change in that position for chemistry sakes, I felt like Gibbs was losing interest and getting angrier and I did hear the numerous voicemails, read the tweets, emails or on here for people that were also not pumped on having him on the show. Like, it got to be a lot. Add all three of those things up and we decided to make a change. Gibbs is cool, he did a good job for us and hopefully he's not pissed.
this forum is moto-related and many of the people that frequent here also listen to your moto-related show; so it's really not that surprising in the grand scheme of things.

as for Gibbs, i didn't care for much of his input but i wouldn't say i didn't like him as i didn't know him from Adam. anyway, keep up the good work on the show.
Gringoe
12/29/2015 11:21am
Matthes wrote:
It's cool to me that a small thing like this happening on our show gets its own thread on Vital! People want to look for some...

Steve,

Getting a new producer was the best Christmas present anyone could've gotten us

Sincerely, 50% of your audience

Post a reply to: What happened on PulpMx with producer

The Latest