What happen to Broc Hepler?

Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 4:33am
He was champion in the works. Do you think he totally gave up on motorcycle racing? Why doesn't someone try to contact him? I would think RacerX would be all over it.
|
DanDunes818
6/6/2010 10:33pm
vintage121 wrote:
He was champion in the works. Do you think he totally gave up on motorcycle racing? Why doesn't someone try to contact him? I would think...
He was champion in the works. Do you think he totally gave up on motorcycle racing? Why doesn't someone try to contact him? I would think RacerX would be all over it.
There's been quite a few threads about this and a few interviews. He's pretty much retired from serious racing and is in college. He did say if the right deal was thrown his way he'd come back but he wasn't counting on that happening any time soon. I do know he still rides a lot and does some local racing up in Pa. and last I saw/heard he was riding a 250 2 stroke and still hauling ass.
nc97
6/6/2010 10:33pm
Never heard of him!
6/6/2010 10:35pm
vintage121 wrote:
He was champion in the works. Do you think he totally gave up on motorcycle racing? Why doesn't someone try to contact him? I would think...
There's been quite a few threads about this and a few interviews. He's pretty much retired from serious racing and is in college. He did say...
There's been quite a few threads about this and a few interviews. He's pretty much retired from serious racing and is in college. He did say if the right deal was thrown his way he'd come back but he wasn't counting on that happening any time soon. I do know he still rides a lot and does some local racing up in Pa. and last I saw/heard he was riding a 250 2 stroke and still hauling ass.
Factory racer and red bull athlete...gives it up to attend junior college? Wow.

The Shop

DanDunes818
6/6/2010 10:38pm
vintage121 wrote:
There's been quite a few threads about this and a few interviews. He's pretty much retired from serious racing and is in college. He did say...
vintage121 wrote:
Who said anything about Junior College.?? It's not like everything was going great and he just walked away.. The guy was in the hospital or getting knocked unconscious like every other race.
Slow
6/6/2010 11:01pm
I think they have serious question about Broc taking another hit to the head. I thought he basically had to stop riding because he had to many concussions? I found it hard to believe he just walked away and im pretty sure if his health was 100% he would have no problem stealing someone like Nick Weys ride.
jeffro503
6/7/2010 8:41am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:21pm
It all boils down to either two things...."Health" or "Money". He had a HUGE amount of talent , and nobody can deny that , but a persons health means everything. If you don't have good health.....nothing else matters. Broc may of gotten to the point in his career , where the good things just didn't out weigh the bad things. I think every core moto head on the planet would love to see him back out there again including myself. I just don't want to see him hit his head that one last time......that could cause some permanent damage.

I wish him all the best in his new journey ....whatever that may be. Thanks Broc for giving us some great races to watch when you were out there!
RACEGUY
6/7/2010 9:02am
Those who question this have never been exposed to someone who has gone through multiple "brain injuries".

The result of all those concussions is a person even his/her mom wouldn't recognize.

It is truly frightening.

It takes a strong individual and an even stronger support mechanism to convince someone to do what Broc has done.

You have two lungs, two kidneys, two arms, two legs...all controlled by ONE brain.
SMITH201
6/7/2010 9:04am
I have been hearing that he will be on the gate at Steel City.
jeffro503
6/7/2010 9:30am
SMITH201 wrote:
That would be extremely friggin' cool!
RACEGUY
6/7/2010 9:33am
SMITH201 wrote:
Is this the Hepler on a two-stoke at Steel City rumour??
Rooster
6/7/2010 9:37am
Hepler's concussions were far too frequent. If he's chosen to walk away healthy then good for him. He may have added a couple of decades to his lifespan with the decision.

Head injuries are nothing to screw around with.
jndmx
6/7/2010 9:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
It all boils down to either two things...."Health" or "Money". He had a HUGE amount of talent , and nobody can deny that , but a...
It all boils down to either two things...."Health" or "Money". He had a HUGE amount of talent , and nobody can deny that , but a persons health means everything. If you don't have good health.....nothing else matters. Broc may of gotten to the point in his career , where the good things just didn't out weigh the bad things. I think every core moto head on the planet would love to see him back out there again including myself. I just don't want to see him hit his head that one last time......that could cause some permanent damage.

I wish him all the best in his new journey ....whatever that may be. Thanks Broc for giving us some great races to watch when you were out there!
Well said.
6/7/2010 10:29am
If Broc is smart, and I think he is, he won't ever come back to this sport, at least not at the pro level.

he's made a wise choice.
observer
6/7/2010 11:35am
I talked to Alan Olson at the Yam transport(Team Yam mech/Reeds old mech)at Washougal last year, and I asked about Hepler. He told me the status, and looked me in the eye and said it didn't look too good for him to ever come back. That told me a lot.
Broc's smart enough to walk away, while he still can.
mxbeeb
6/7/2010 12:55pm
I asked him today if he's racing High Point, and he said no, but he said he'll probably be there watching.
Racer92
6/7/2010 1:07pm
vintage121 wrote:
No shame in going to Junior College. I applaud any person who takes the initiative and tries to better themselves. If Broc is going to school I hope he has a great time and lands a sweet job afterward. He laid it all on the line every race for us fans.

Post a reply to: What happen to Broc Hepler?

The Latest