What comes after Loretta's?

Killer Customz
Edited Date/Time 7/24/2015 3:20pm
I take a look at Loretta's giving us new privateers.
New blog is up on my site.
WWW.KCMX.NET

http://www.kcmx.net/2015/07/what-after-loretta.html?m=1
|
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/24/2015 8:02am
Bankruptcy comes after Lorretas

The Shop

GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/24/2015 8:10am Edited Date/Time 7/24/2015 8:10am
For me, the realization that I would not make a living racing dirt bikes came after my first Loretta's. I had the long drive back to Texas to re-think my life path. Lol.
OW38B
Fantasy
203rd
7/24/2015 8:13am
GrapeApe wrote:
For me, the realization that I would not make a living racing dirt bikes came after my first Loretta's. I had the long drive back to...
For me, the realization that I would not make a living racing dirt bikes came after my first Loretta's. I had the long drive back to Texas to re-think my life path. Lol.
And you ended up here on VitalMX............like the rest of us! Laughing
GrapeApe
Fantasy
551st
7/24/2015 8:26am
GrapeApe wrote:
For me, the realization that I would not make a living racing dirt bikes came after my first Loretta's. I had the long drive back to...
OW38B wrote:
And you ended up here on VitalMX............like the rest of us! Laughing
It took almost 25 years, but yeah - Loretta's - College - Grad School - Marriage - Career - Kids - Vet Class - VitalMX Laughing
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/24/2015 10:25am
Good write up. I understand supporting the amateurs, but it does really seem messed up that they give so much supports to amateurs and so very little to anyone but the top 10 pros. I consider myself a pretty big fan of the sport. I participate in local racing, waste over an hour a day on line looking at MX stuff, watch the MX/SX broadcast and besides a handful of am riders I pay no attention to their results or any of the major am stuff except lorrettas. Really wonder how the manufacturers get ROI on their support to these "pro" amateur riders?
pbody
Fantasy
320th
7/24/2015 11:23am
yak651 wrote:
Good write up. I understand supporting the amateurs, but it does really seem messed up that they give so much supports to amateurs and so very...
Good write up. I understand supporting the amateurs, but it does really seem messed up that they give so much supports to amateurs and so very little to anyone but the top 10 pros. I consider myself a pretty big fan of the sport. I participate in local racing, waste over an hour a day on line looking at MX stuff, watch the MX/SX broadcast and besides a handful of am riders I pay no attention to their results or any of the major am stuff except lorrettas. Really wonder how the manufacturers get ROI on their support to these "pro" amateur riders?
The part you are missing are the peers of these "pro" amateurs. If 13 yr-old "pro" Jimmy is racing on a Z-brand 250F, then 12 yr-old C-class Johnny, who wants to go as fast as Jimmy, also wants a Z-brand 250F. It's the same as us "pro" vets. Hell, the ROI is prob better at that level.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
7/24/2015 1:32pm
yak651 wrote:
Good write up. I understand supporting the amateurs, but it does really seem messed up that they give so much supports to amateurs and so very...
pbody wrote:
The part you are missing are the peers of these "pro" amateurs. If 13 yr-old "pro" Jimmy is racing on a Z-brand 250F, then 12 yr-old...
The part you are missing are the peers of these "pro" amateurs. If 13 yr-old "pro" Jimmy is racing on a Z-brand 250F, then 12 yr-old C-class Johnny, who wants to go as fast as Jimmy, also wants a Z-brand 250F. It's the same as us "pro" vets. Hell, the ROI is prob better at that level.
But where are the "peers" seeing Jimmy on his Z-brand? Besides social media if they follow that rider? Few updates on RacerX, very few references on this site (probably most popular MX site), no TV except for one hour LL special. Ams get a little coverage at Monster Cup, but other than that can't see it. At least if they are putting that support to a pro traveling the national circuit they may get some TV time, some time on RacerX articles during the week, mention on PulpMX, etc.
mx836
7/24/2015 2:59pm
yak651 wrote:
But where are the "peers" seeing Jimmy on his Z-brand? Besides social media if they follow that rider? Few updates on RacerX, very few references on...
But where are the "peers" seeing Jimmy on his Z-brand? Besides social media if they follow that rider? Few updates on RacerX, very few references on this site (probably most popular MX site), no TV except for one hour LL special. Ams get a little coverage at Monster Cup, but other than that can't see it. At least if they are putting that support to a pro traveling the national circuit they may get some TV time, some time on RacerX articles during the week, mention on PulpMX, etc.
My guess would be they are appealing to racers on the local level and of course at the big amateur races. Obviously many less people get their eyes on the bikes that the amateurs are promoting, but those people are the ones spending tons of money riding and racing every week. Little kids think the amateur guy who's winning is the coolest guy in the world, because they see it every weekend right in front of them.
pbody
Fantasy
320th
7/24/2015 3:20pm
yak651 wrote:
But where are the "peers" seeing Jimmy on his Z-brand? Besides social media if they follow that rider? Few updates on RacerX, very few references on...
mx836 wrote:
My guess would be they are appealing to racers on the local level and of course at the big amateur races. Obviously many less people get...
My guess would be they are appealing to racers on the local level and of course at the big amateur races. Obviously many less people get their eyes on the bikes that the amateurs are promoting, but those people are the ones spending tons of money riding and racing every week. Little kids think the amateur guy who's winning is the coolest guy in the world, because they see it every weekend right in front of them.
Took the words out of my mouth.

There are a lot more groms out there riding than we can ever imagine. And they are connected on social media in a major way.

Post a reply to: What comes after Loretta's?

The Latest