What are USA chances?

MotoMan12345
Fantasy
1924th
Edited Date/Time 9/17/2015 5:14pm
What do you guys think the USA chances are of winning this year? Webb rookie on 450 and Barcia can be on and off at times
|
9/11/2015 4:52am
i think they got a good chance of winning , you need a bit of luck also ... France ,USA and GB are my 3 podium contenders ..
WeiserGuy
9/11/2015 4:53am
Just as good as anyone. I'm confident they will.
Crush
9/11/2015 5:10am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 5:34am
They've definitely got a great chance but it's gonna be hard. The Euros all race you guys so damn hard at this event and the track is definitely not the best surface for any of your guys... and it's against the World Champ, Vice World Champ and Vice 250 AMA champ's backyard, who all love hard-pack.

Plus, the UK, Aussie and Belgian teams will be strong as well, plus a few more potential race winners... Not gonna be an easy one.

One thing you do have on your side is 2 good starters and a lot of will... but they probably had a better team on paper last year so you never know. Barcia did kind of fall off at the end of the season from his mid year form... will be tough!
struth
9/11/2015 5:15am
Very good chance to win it
no k-roc,c,dessale, strijbos, n herlings ect
Think there 2 or 3 teams that can win it.

Dark horse for a podium is new zealand

The Shop

mx836
9/11/2015 5:23am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 5:24am
30%. Better than nothing, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.
9/11/2015 5:24am
I think our chances get better as long as everyone across the pond thinks that it's worse.

We've had many "A" teams that coulda-woulda-should but didn't, and we've had a few "B" teams that shocked. I don't even think it's fair to call this a "B" team, but let's just say I think it's going to be hard for them Wink

They will definitely need some luck and they'll all have to find their A game. But they all got it, and any team that's going to win needs some luck. It's so easy for anyone to get caught up in someone else's problem at this race that you just never know.
agn5009
9/11/2015 5:25am
I'm honestly not very confident in the USA winning. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see them beating France. I think they will podium though. Barcia really dropped off the pace at the end of the year, Webb will not be as fast in this race on a 450, and I'm really expecting big things from Martin. It's his second year competing so there are no excuses. I would love to see him go out and at least be the top MX2 rider.
RG1
9/11/2015 5:36am
They can win, but it will be difficult. I think a podium would be a very respectable result for them, a win would be a fantastic result. France are the favourites in my opinion, USA are joint second with a couple of others. They run the races for a reason and I can't wait to see how they pan out
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/11/2015 6:09am
Call me crazy but based on my feeling I'm putting the USA to win with GB second and france third.
I wouldn't bet a lot of money though.
hillbilly
9/11/2015 6:24am
Since the Frenchy seem very thin skinned and Cooper said something that got a few of em froggie we may get stuffed in a later moto if France gets a bad score going,

Somebody on here said them french fans can be a little touched.
agn5009
9/11/2015 6:58am
Webb is going to win a moto and people are going to lose their minds.
I would love it if it happened.
9/11/2015 7:01am
Webb is going to win a moto and people are going to lose their minds.
agn5009 wrote:
I would love it if it happened.
He gets a top 3 start in the MX3 / MX2 moto, he's going to check out. MX3/MX1 prob not.
RangerLee
9/11/2015 7:01am
One thing the US usually has going for it are 3 riders that finish consistently high. The last 3 years we have not seen that. Other nations generally have a great rider, maybe a couple of good riders, but not 3 that can finish high. France has to be a favorite this year with their riders, each can consistently be high, GB as well.

For the US team, perhaps none will win their class, but they have a good chance of being high enough every race to win the team points. It all depends on the nerves of the rookie riders in their first MXoN.
kkawboy14
9/11/2015 7:17am
Better than Latvia! But Guyb says right they are equal Smile
9/11/2015 7:24am
I have a feeling about GB. Mind u, i get that a lot and get let down. But sean and max are on it, deano i dunno
RG1
9/11/2015 7:26am
He gets a top 3 start in the MX3 / MX2 moto, he's going to check out. MX3/MX1 prob not.
450 world champ is in MX3
crusty_xx
Fantasy
154th
9/11/2015 7:31am
RG1 wrote:
450 world champ is in MX3
van Horebeek as well
Open class is strong this year.
DP#201
9/11/2015 7:42am
statistically If they end up in the A final, which they do. The chances a 1:20
9/11/2015 8:08am
I would say good. Although Team USA aren't the favourites their odds are still a lot healthier than pretty much every other team (other than France of course). Just a little bit of luck either way.... Rounding up roughly just between what is arguably the top 3 favourites, I would say something along the lines of - France 50%, America 30%, Britain? 20% etc.
_smashmouth
9/11/2015 8:14am
I think they have a legit shot at winning it, although personally I feel France has a better shot as of now especially being on home turf. My question is how Musquin will adjust back to the euro tracks along with the US fellas. Webb seems to ride on the ragged edge at all times along with Barcia, but hopefully Webb understands how much power has underneath him and sometimes it may get him more than he bargained for. If the US guys can get towards the from early and ride as a "team" I feel they will have a good shot, this is a lot more strategical than pretty much any other race from a team outlook but DeCoster has done this for a long time, if the trio can go off of his advice and not ride over their head and wait for the other teams to make mistakes they should be in it till the end.

Has anybody seen/ heard how Webb is adapting to the 450?
motomike137
9/11/2015 8:25am
agn5009 wrote:
I'm honestly not very confident in the USA winning. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see them beating France. I think they will podium though...
I'm honestly not very confident in the USA winning. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't see them beating France. I think they will podium though. Barcia really dropped off the pace at the end of the year, Webb will not be as fast in this race on a 450, and I'm really expecting big things from Martin. It's his second year competing so there are no excuses. I would love to see him go out and at least be the top MX2 rider.
I think France is the favorite but we have a helluva shot. Barcia supposedly over did it on his bycicle and I'll bet he performs really well, Martin got hurt last year and he will ride like he always does. Webb could be the wild card imho but I'm betting that he takes this ultra serious and does a good job.
TDeath21
9/11/2015 8:26am
Whatever they are, they'd be a whole lot better if they all raced the USGP.
9/11/2015 8:41am Edited Date/Time 9/11/2015 8:42am
What do you guys think the USA chances are of winning this year? Webb rookie on 450 and Barcia can be on and off at times
They are one of the favorites. Not sure why people think France is the favorite, MM25 was soundly beat by Martin, and Paulin is nothing special, you have a depleted MX1 and MX2 class in 2015 from injuries, and Barcia is probably faster than both him and Febvre. Webb will be fast on a 450, it's not like he's going to a street bike or something.

I say, good luck to the rest of the world, they will need it.
_smashmouth
9/11/2015 8:51am
Another thought about Webb is he riding a Star Racing built 450, or do you think he is basically getting a bike built by JGR then testing and setting it up with Star, or is it going to become a joint effort between Star and JGR. Not sure where Star is located, but I would bet they are doing a lot of testing together which could be a logistical hassle if they are on opposite sides of the coast.

But I have no idea so someone fill me in.
RG1
9/11/2015 8:58am
They are one of the favorites. Not sure why people think France is the favorite, MM25 was soundly beat by Martin, and Paulin is nothing special...
They are one of the favorites. Not sure why people think France is the favorite, MM25 was soundly beat by Martin, and Paulin is nothing special, you have a depleted MX1 and MX2 class in 2015 from injuries, and Barcia is probably faster than both him and Febvre. Webb will be fast on a 450, it's not like he's going to a street bike or something.

I wish I lived in a world where trailing by 2 points after 22 motos is considered as 'soundly beat'
Zracer
9/11/2015 9:00am
They are one of the favorites. Not sure why people think France is the favorite, MM25 was soundly beat by Martin, and Paulin is nothing special...

Great insight. Webb "cant keep a 250 upright" is now going to be the saviour for the Old Glory.... on a 450 ... on hardpack.... good luck. Martin vs Marvin is damn near a wash.. if Martin can buy a decent start. Paulin and Barcia are close to a wash. Fevbre has Webb covered. Webbs chance at crashing ,again, is way higher than his chance to beat Febvre in France.

American riders are lost when they get put on hard pack tracks. With out the follow the leader ruts to lead them around the course ,its amazing they find their way back to get the green flag. Also a flat right hand 1st turn.... not really something the AMA does. Barcia will be the bright spot.
9/11/2015 9:22am

RG1 wrote:
I wish I lived in a world where trailing by 2 points after 22 motos is considered as 'soundly beat'
Panda lives in his own imaginary world ... look at his comments LaughingLaughing lets leave him there
ATKpilot99
9/11/2015 10:04am

RG1 wrote:
Panda lives in his own imaginary world ... look at his comments LaughingLaughing lets leave him there
You guys are just jumping right into the boat.

Post a reply to: What are USA chances?

The Latest