What a strange race/track

level
2/28/2015 9:08pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 7:18pm
Track was definitely weird. Hard to pass, not much flow and got very spread out. Never seen it spread out that much before.

Not complaining just observing. Cool to see something different but it was for sure different.

It was crazy to see Peick get gapped like that within like 2 laps. Those 3 just took off after they passed him and that was before he went down. The top 3 just flat out gapped everyone.
|
2/28/2015 9:12pm
I think Peick tightened up.

Can you imagine the nerves that must be going through his head? In such a short amount of time, I've never seen one rider go from privateer status to being a top five guy.
lumpy790
2/28/2015 9:16pm
tight like an AX track
oshow
2/28/2015 9:20pm Edited Date/Time 2/28/2015 9:21pm
level wrote:
Track was definitely weird. Hard to pass, not much flow and got very spread out. Never seen it spread out that much before. Not complaining just...
Track was definitely weird. Hard to pass, not much flow and got very spread out. Never seen it spread out that much before.

Not complaining just observing. Cool to see something different but it was for sure different.

It was crazy to see Peick get gapped like that within like 2 laps. Those 3 just took off after they passed him and that was before he went down. The top 3 just flat out gapped everyone.
About 1 too many lanes they added in. It was very narrow. A good start and it was very hard to get around you unless you spin out while leading into a tuff block.... : (
3/1/2015 9:17am
TripleFive wrote:
I think Peick tightened up. Can you imagine the nerves that must be going through his head? In such a short amount of time, I've never...

Can you imagine the nerves that must be going through his head? In such a short amount of time, I've never seen one rider go from privateer status to being a top five guy.
Dungey went from a relatively unknown amateur to a top pro in very short time.

The Shop

Rowlands
3/1/2015 9:26am
Sand section looked super fun to ride haha
dirtdog36
3/1/2015 1:31pm
i liked it much better than last week... lap times were still shorter than I would have expected but at least they weren't in the high 40's
brimx153
3/1/2015 2:55pm
I hated the track last night ,looked way to hard to pass , there was only two places , the sand and after the whoops
hillbilly
3/1/2015 3:22pm
With the dirt being loose it rolls down to the flat on inside of turns killing that option . All sections required max speed or drive out so the outside was the only line but for the landing from the triple.

I walked the track and the rocks were aplenty.
zehn
3/1/2015 3:25pm
brimx153 wrote:
I hated the track last night ,looked way to hard to pass , there was only two places , the sand and after the whoops
That's not true, Peick got passed like 3-4 times in the same corner after a rhythm section
IWreckALot
3/1/2015 3:25pm
TripleFive wrote:
I think Peick tightened up. Can you imagine the nerves that must be going through his head? In such a short amount of time, I've never...

Dungey went from a relatively unknown amateur to a top pro in very short time.
You're not kidding. His first 450 race was impressive as well. Battling with JS7 for the win and all.
IWreckALot
3/1/2015 3:29pm
brimx153 wrote:
zehn wrote:
That's not true, Peick got passed like 3-4 times in the same corner after a rhythm section
Watching the race last night I was wondering what the track designers look at when they build the track. I hadn't seen anything all day before the race and when they showed the track map, I picked out like 6 places that from a design stand point, seemed like they would make good passing areas. 180 degree corners, a few different rhythm options, the sand section. But when the lines formed on the track, it was really not as great as I expected it to be. I partly think that no matter the design, all of the riders will begin to take the same lines because they figure out what is the fastest. Which gives the appearance that they're all one lined.
zehn
3/1/2015 3:33pm Edited Date/Time 3/1/2015 3:33pm
brimx153 wrote:
zehn wrote:
IWreckALot wrote:
Watching the race last night I was wondering what the track designers look at when they build the track. I hadn't seen anything all day before...
Watching the race last night I was wondering what the track designers look at when they build the track. I hadn't seen anything all day before the race and when they showed the track map, I picked out like 6 places that from a design stand point, seemed like they would make good passing areas. 180 degree corners, a few different rhythm options, the sand section. But when the lines formed on the track, it was really not as great as I expected it to be. I partly think that no matter the design, all of the riders will begin to take the same lines because they figure out what is the fastest. Which gives the appearance that they're all one lined.
I think that's partly because the designs this year haven't included many fast options or spots where you could bust out a big quad and gain a second here or there.
Zracer
3/1/2015 3:49pm
That track was awesome . Listen to you guys talk about the track separating the different riders and then saying its too hard to pass. Next week ,itll be about how the tracks to easy and doesn't seperate the riders. You guys bitch about everything . Stuff a tampon in it and find another sport. Try badminton .
Insider347
3/1/2015 4:52pm
Zracer wrote:
That track was awesome . Listen to you guys talk about the track separating the different riders and then saying its too hard to pass. Next...
That track was awesome . Listen to you guys talk about the track separating the different riders and then saying its too hard to pass. Next week ,itll be about how the tracks to easy and doesn't seperate the riders. You guys bitch about everything . Stuff a tampon in it and find another sport. Try badminton .
Dick
IWreckALot
3/1/2015 5:52pm
Zracer wrote:
That track was awesome . Listen to you guys talk about the track separating the different riders and then saying its too hard to pass. Next...
Then we'd be complaining that the net's too low or the net's too high or the birdie seemed heavier this week. . . Those complaints seem boring compared to the content in SX.
hillbilly
3/1/2015 5:58pm
10 yrs ago the soil was never loose like now,it was tacky,packed. I watched RC slam that Honda into the inside of huge bowl turns with no berm,pin it squashing the fender down on the tire and launch out over anything that was ahead.

No way you do that last night. While walking the track I saw it was much more sandy than then,it would not pack like that I dont think.

And they fixed almlst the entire track before 450,that kills the racing in my opinion, but,it was really fubar after 250,

One day a collision is going to happen over that bridge on the start and it is going to be ugly. You go off the side of that thing and it will leave a mark.
Crush
3/1/2015 6:13pm
hillbilly wrote:
10 yrs ago the soil was never loose like now,it was tacky,packed. I watched RC slam that Honda into the inside of huge bowl turns with...
10 yrs ago the soil was never loose like now,it was tacky,packed. I watched RC slam that Honda into the inside of huge bowl turns with no berm,pin it squashing the fender down on the tire and launch out over anything that was ahead.

No way you do that last night. While walking the track I saw it was much more sandy than then,it would not pack like that I dont think.

And they fixed almlst the entire track before 450,that kills the racing in my opinion, but,it was really fubar after 250,

One day a collision is going to happen over that bridge on the start and it is going to be ugly. You go off the side of that thing and it will leave a mark.
It looks like it's stored dry all year now... There is nooooo moisture in it at all!
wildbill
3/1/2015 6:28pm
hillbilly wrote:
10 yrs ago the soil was never loose like now,it was tacky,packed. I watched RC slam that Honda into the inside of huge bowl turns with...

Crush wrote:
It looks like it's stored dry all year now... There is nooooo moisture in it at all!
Sounds like they ought to leave the soil shed unlocked.
Crush
3/1/2015 7:18pm
Whatever they're doing, there is pretty much zero difference between the coasts in terms of dirt consistency now... Maybe the west rounds you deal with the moisture coming out of the dirt at night, but man, they're all hardpack now! Don't think that helps racing having less traction either...

I'd really prefer that the east coast rounds were wet and rutty... and the outdoors had sand, hardpack, loam, and everything in between...

Post a reply to: What a strange race/track

The Latest