What We Learned?

TDeath21
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 2:41pm
1. Dungey's 2010 championship was no fluke.

2. KDub still has it. He was way ahead of 5th place in moto 2 and was fast in moto 1.

3. Reed has the speed and fitness to win, and a lot.

4. Villopoto knocked off the outdoor rust, and will get better as the year goes on.

5. Blake Baggett is on another level. Won big at Daytona and Hangtown. Need I say more?

6. The TV coverage of the races will be awesome this year.
|
LURCH
5/22/2011 6:26pm
6 is the biggest shocker. Just awesome coverage in every way.
oldx
5/22/2011 6:33pm
Thanks for your view's of the race, I missed it this year due to a wedding. Nice to read different views.
BobbyM
5/22/2011 6:44pm
TDeath21 wrote:
1. Dungey's 2010 championship was no fluke. 2. KDub still has it. He was way ahead of 5th place in moto 2 and was fast in...

2. KDub still has it. He was way ahead of 5th place in moto 2 and was fast in moto 1.

4. Villopoto knocked off the outdoor rust, and will get better as the year goes on.

5. Blake Baggett is on another level. Won big at Daytona and Hangtown. Need I say more?

and many of the top sx lites riders suck ass at motocross
TDeath21
5/22/2011 6:49pm
TDeath21 wrote:
1. Dungey's 2010 championship was no fluke. 2. KDub still has it. He was way ahead of 5th place in moto 2 and was fast in...

BobbyM wrote:
Definitely. That would be #7. It's a whole new sport. Same concept, but completely different. Like a 100 meter dash and a marathon.

The Shop

motomike137
5/22/2011 6:57pm
BobbyM wrote:
I like Barcia but he rides like a fricken C rider half the time. No line selection at all, just plows right through shit while the bike bucks him all over the place.
tharper
5/22/2011 8:31pm
BobbyM wrote:
I like Barcia but he rides like a fricken C rider half the time. No line selection at all, just plows right through shit while the...
I like Barcia but he rides like a fricken C rider half the time. No line selection at all, just plows right through shit while the bike bucks him all over the place.
I like barcia also but he was all over the track in the first Moto! Looked like he was having a very difficult time. That track was insane though, but I think he will get better.
Ozy
5/23/2011 1:04pm
TDeath21 wrote:

would add a #7 if I may

7. The racing was awesome and the riders that chose to stay home were not missed

The top contenders are pretty evenly matched and it should be another great series of racing
carlosmacho
5/23/2011 1:12pm
I think we may have learned a few things, but also forgot one of the most important.

You can't win a championship in the first race of the season, but you can lose it as Mike #800 found out. If you are out to win races, great, but to win the championship, you must stay on two wheels, not get hurt and be consistent. Props to Reed but RV said he was having bike set up issues. He did the right thing and rode in a way as not to lose the championship. Then there are the east coast track which are different. Everyone has their favorite tracks and ones they do well on. It will make for some great racing as long as people stay healthy
SethGator
5/23/2011 1:16pm
LURCH wrote:
6 is the biggest shocker. Just awesome coverage in every way.
I guess if you are fortunate enough to have your cable provider offer FuelTV...here comcast offers OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) & LOGO (GLBT channel) but no FuelTV whatsoever.
-eagle-
5/23/2011 1:21pm
Anyone notice how settled Dungey and Mettys bikes looked?
They've got that chassis dialed. Stuck to sweepers and never bucked in and out of the chop.

Watched it in:
RV vs Dunge vs Reed
Metty vs Weimer
TDeath21
5/23/2011 2:20pm
SethGator wrote:
I guess if you are fortunate enough to have your cable provider offer FuelTV...here comcast offers OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) & LOGO (GLBT channel) but no...
I guess if you are fortunate enough to have your cable provider offer FuelTV...here comcast offers OWN (Oprah Winfrey Network) & LOGO (GLBT channel) but no FuelTV whatsoever.
Well in years past it was either a 1 hour show for both motos, or just 1st moto highlights then the entire 2nd moto. So for those who don't have Fuel it's still not a step backwards. For those who do, it's a step forwards.
mag23
5/23/2011 2:36pm
Stewart had good speed for a few laps, then threw out the anchor... RV looked fast, but faded because he was sick.... CP377- yikes.... Alessi-woulda, coulda shoulda... Reed is the man... Baggett looked real good

Post a reply to: What We Learned?

The Latest