What Sponsors Wish They Could Say When Rejecting You...

Edited Date/Time 5/25/2016 8:24am
Names were omitted to prevent a potential lawsuit. (And due to the death threats from enlightened PC citizens) Please understand I am rarely this much of a dickhead, but lying (or embellishing) on your resume in order to get free shit is frowned upon around here. Especially when I know you personally. ANYWAYS... Here is version II of the greatest (and only) sponsorship resume I've ever read with my God honest feedback. (with a few stamps just for laughs)

|
mjr119
5/19/2016 12:49pm
I've rode at Trick Tank back in the day. I saw you rolling the jumps with him.... Just sayin'
RPM68
5/19/2016 12:57pm
I bet Team Nami had to respectfully decline as well...

lol good stuff.
peelout
5/19/2016 1:09pm
"please stop sending nudes"

The Shop

TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/19/2016 1:13pm
How, just tell me how the hell....

does someone over the age of 13 write something so nonsensical?
MxKing809
Fantasy
334th
5/19/2016 2:26pm
Woah..... what a goon. A guy gets sponsored by the usual suspects at sponsorhouse and they think they're pro. I can't stand people who know I race and say "oh, you know so-and-so? They race everywhere and he's sponsored". So then I ask, "oh, how much does he get in allowances each season?" And when they stall I politely tell them that unless it's free, it's the same deal everyone gets......

I was "sponsored" for one year. I was sent a catalog and a dollar figure to spend. These ass clowns get 25% off goggles and they think they're going places.
5/19/2016 3:19pm
mxracer32 wrote:
Those were the days. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/19/135823/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/19/135824/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Those were the days.

Hell yeah man. We have something in the works.. Planning on selling the main plant in Charlotte. Then relocating somewhere off i85 with about 20 acres and putting a new building from scratch. Basically the same thing we had in Blacksburg
mxracer32
5/19/2016 5:15pm
Trick Tank wrote:
Hell yeah man. We have something in the works.. Planning on selling the main plant in Charlotte. Then relocating somewhere off i85 with about 20 acres...
Hell yeah man. We have something in the works.. Planning on selling the main plant in Charlotte. Then relocating somewhere off i85 with about 20 acres and putting a new building from scratch. Basically the same thing we had in Blacksburg
That sounds awesome. Blacksburg was the setup. Every time I drive by the old place it brings back great memories. Your dad doing doughnuts in his caddy and you running around with that damn taser were some of the funnier moments. The time the masterpools spent down there was great as well- weekly track changes!!
5/19/2016 9:32pm
Trick Tank wrote:
Hell yeah man. We have something in the works.. Planning on selling the main plant in Charlotte. Then relocating somewhere off i85 with about 20 acres...
mxracer32 wrote:
That sounds awesome. Blacksburg was the setup. Every time I drive by the old place it brings back great memories. Your dad doing doughnuts in his...
That sounds awesome. Blacksburg was the setup. Every time I drive by the old place it brings back great memories. Your dad doing doughnuts in his caddy and you running around with that damn taser were some of the funnier moments. The time the masterpools spent down there was great as well- weekly track changes!!
Old man Jerry was nuts. He'd be out there until 5am every night prepping the tracks or completely redoing them. Then somehow wake up at 7am to train us. They were good people. Jesse was the nicest kid I knew. Definitely didn't deserve what happened to him...
But when we relocate we'll have 1 sx type track like the one in your pic, and 1 legit outdoor track with some big shit. Looking at property right around where 485/85 intersect in between Charlotte and Mt Holly. Nobody knows about it yet... still working the logistics out
Robgvx
5/20/2016 3:21am
My favourite is the penultimate photo. Clearly taken on his first lap around that turn, as evidenced by the lack of tyre tracks in the leaf-filled berm.
Jharper
5/20/2016 4:16am
Trick Tank wrote:
These were really fun to just roll over! [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/19/135815/s1200_ramp.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/05/19/135816/s1200_ramp1.jpg[/img]
These were really fun to just roll over!

Does this mean I can get aboard a trick tank crf 450 for next year?
EEE299
5/20/2016 4:40am
I know it doesn't mean much in this sport, but not really the most professional way to handle things.

But you do you man. None of my business Laughing
Premix
5/20/2016 4:49am
TriRacer27 wrote:

Just read vital once a week, pretty sure there's something in the water
IWreckALot
5/20/2016 5:03am
TriRacer27 wrote:

Premix wrote:
Tyler has drank a lot of that water you speak about.
5/20/2016 5:28am
EEE299 wrote:
I know it doesn't mean much in this sport, but not really the most professional way to handle things. But you do you man. None of...
I know it doesn't mean much in this sport, but not really the most professional way to handle things.

Did you read the part about brand image? I was serious when I said our roster consists of 3 convicted felons. Sales are booming. We are like the core of all core brands. No fcks given. We raise hell and praise Dale
EEE299
5/20/2016 6:00am
EEE299 wrote:
I know it doesn't mean much in this sport, but not really the most professional way to handle things. But you do you man. None of...

Trick Tank wrote:
Did you read the part about brand image? I was serious when I said our roster consists of 3 convicted felons. Sales are booming. We are...
Did you read the part about brand image? I was serious when I said our roster consists of 3 convicted felons. Sales are booming. We are like the core of all core brands. No fcks given. We raise hell and praise Dale
I thought that was sarcasm at first oopsTongue Then yes you're marketing strategy is valid, disregard my uninformed comment!

I never disagreed with what you had to say in your response letter anyway hahah
752dad
5/20/2016 6:16am
Hey Jake,
Didn't your dad have a funny story about someone wanting sponsorship for a fuel car?

KC
TriRacer27
Fantasy
44th
5/20/2016 6:36am
TriRacer27 wrote:

Premix wrote:
I think they see your avatar and get thirsty.
TommyLee93
5/20/2016 6:58am
Trick Tank wrote:
Did you read the part about brand image? I was serious when I said our roster consists of 3 convicted felons. Sales are booming. We are...
Stay classy.
mxracer32
5/20/2016 7:03am
Trick Tank wrote:
Old man Jerry was nuts. He'd be out there until 5am every night prepping the tracks or completely redoing them. Then somehow wake up at 7am...
Old man Jerry was nuts. He'd be out there until 5am every night prepping the tracks or completely redoing them. Then somehow wake up at 7am to train us. They were good people. Jesse was the nicest kid I knew. Definitely didn't deserve what happened to him...
But when we relocate we'll have 1 sx type track like the one in your pic, and 1 legit outdoor track with some big shit. Looking at property right around where 485/85 intersect in between Charlotte and Mt Holly. Nobody knows about it yet... still working the logistics out
There are a few plots of land available there. (I'm in mt holly) the spot across from cedar mill subdivision is proposed for shopping- and the spot where the old Pawtucket golf course is open as well, I would just be worried about residents complaining they can't hear all The airplanes over the motorcycle noise. Laughing
In all seriousness though, I'd love to see TT put something together like you use to have.
mx 219
Fantasy
857th
5/20/2016 7:41am
Im not even sure why this guy would want to be sponsored by you.

Seems like a perfect sponsorship between him being a "squid" and you being a "d***"
Titan1
5/20/2016 10:25am
I'm confused? Is this a satire piece (both the resume and the response)???
scooter5002
5/20/2016 1:43pm
Kudos on the reply. Golf clap. Definite. Fucking. Golf clap.
APLMAN99
5/20/2016 1:55pm
mx 219 wrote:
Im not even sure why this guy would want to be sponsored by you. Seems like a perfect sponsorship between him being a "squid" and you...

Seems like a perfect sponsorship between him being a "squid" and you being a "d***"
Yeah, probably easier to demean the sponsorship "applicant" when you're young and most likely had all your racing efforts paid for by the family business......

The "applicant" shouldn't have stretched things, but the response was definitely without class and worthy of the entitlement tag.
Justin345
5/20/2016 2:23pm
mx 219 wrote:
Im not even sure why this guy would want to be sponsored by you. Seems like a perfect sponsorship between him being a "squid" and you...

Agreed - that response seems a bit over the top.

Off topic, but were you at budds creek Thursday by chance?
CeeTee
5/20/2016 3:32pm
Trick Tank wrote:
Names were omitted to prevent a potential lawsuit. (And due to the death threats from enlightened PC citizens) Please understand I am rarely this much of...
Names were omitted to prevent a potential lawsuit. (And due to the death threats from enlightened PC citizens) Please understand I am rarely this much of a dickhead, but lying (or embellishing) on your resume in order to get free shit is frowned upon around here. Especially when I know you personally. ANYWAYS... Here is version II of the greatest (and only) sponsorship resume I've ever read with my God honest feedback. (with a few stamps just for laughs)

Is this an attempt at clickbait advertising? Business must be slow...

Post a reply to: What Sponsors Wish They Could Say When Rejecting You...

The Latest