Edited Date/Time 1/23/2012 8:02am
|
wildbill
2/7/2011 7:19pm
yep, Josh is one tough dude.

Hope he's okay next race.
race
2/7/2011 10:34pm
So .... would the new, tougher Hansen try the outdoor series?
2/8/2011 12:55am
thats not a tough ride, that my friends, regardless of what you think of him, is a hero ride. THAT is the kinds of rides champions make!

The Shop

tuz371
2/8/2011 4:47am
First, great ride by Hansen.

Second, to help this sport move forward and become more organized (if that is the right word). Would it not be prudent to give Asterisk / Dr. Bodnar or an individual on-site Doctor for each round the authority to keep a rider out who has suffered a concussion? It seems that somebody or somegroup needs from the medical field needs that authority vs. the individual / team manager. Somebody who has the long term well being of the individual at the main focus. A system similar to professional football?

At the same time, I realize this puts more liability on Asterisk / Dr. Bodnar. They clear somebody to ride and that rider gets hurt further and it could deemed their fault. They DO NOT clear the rider and that rider is out of a paycheck for the night?

Seems like a contentious and grey area that should be clarified and clear chain of authority instituted.

Yes, I know there are plenty of examples of hurt riders having incredible rides the same evening but is that good for the individual and the sport as a whole?

Just opening a can of worms. Maybe something is in place that I am not aware of.
2/8/2011 10:39am
tuz371 wrote:
First, great ride by Hansen. Second, to help this sport move forward and become more organized (if that is the right word). Would it not be...
First, great ride by Hansen.

Second, to help this sport move forward and become more organized (if that is the right word). Would it not be prudent to give Asterisk / Dr. Bodnar or an individual on-site Doctor for each round the authority to keep a rider out who has suffered a concussion? It seems that somebody or somegroup needs from the medical field needs that authority vs. the individual / team manager. Somebody who has the long term well being of the individual at the main focus. A system similar to professional football?

At the same time, I realize this puts more liability on Asterisk / Dr. Bodnar. They clear somebody to ride and that rider gets hurt further and it could deemed their fault. They DO NOT clear the rider and that rider is out of a paycheck for the night?

Seems like a contentious and grey area that should be clarified and clear chain of authority instituted.

Yes, I know there are plenty of examples of hurt riders having incredible rides the same evening but is that good for the individual and the sport as a whole?

Just opening a can of worms. Maybe something is in place that I am not aware of.
Yup a big ole can of worms...its different in this sport, miss one "game" and you lose your season-chance at a the title, no play-offs in SX/MX.

Of course, looking long term, winning a title won't mean shit if your brain is permanently f'd up later in life...

At the very least if they had one "throw away" race they would be more inclined to park a rider for the night, even just for the sake of the other riders safety!

WIll be interesting to see how the modern day SX rider fairs in older age. We don't know yet as its such a young sport, in regards to the scale of the jumps in the last 15 years. Hopefully they will be in better shape than some NFL players.

Post a reply to: What Really Happened at A2

The Latest